It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO enthusiasts admit the truth may not be out there after all

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by jahlv

Now that's a textbook PSYOP disinformation article if ever I read one. The mountain of testimony and evidence proving the validity of the phenomena makes this article a joke.

edit on 19-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

A large % of people still believe in angels, fairies, bigfoot & vampires...despite zero tangible evidence. Just because lots of people believe and claim to witness something...does not reliable/actual evidence make. There is nothing in the way of actual proof. Human beings are liars, idiots and superstitious. Testimony is not proof.

Thats a lame argument and you know it
and anyone looking seriously into the subject no matter what there beliefs are would agree.
No offense but you sound like someone who doesnt know f**k all about the subject.

edit on 19-12-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Sigh. I hope once I'm able to create threads I can sort out all this folly.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Apocryphon

i dont see how you can be so arrogant as to assume you have ultimate knowledge of the universe and have witnessed every occurance on earth and can say that there are no ufos that arn't of man?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

I haven't said any such thing. Why must you put words in my mouth? I do, however, have a unique perspective which I will soon share.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apocryphon
The entertainment industry has accomplished its goal of training humankind to perceive the UFO phenomenon as extraterrestrial in nature, which could not be farther from the truth.

Ah, well... "UFO's being extra-terrestrial could not be farther from the truth". Implies that UFO phenomenon is not extra-terrestrial. Are you referring to the government using satellites or their own vehicles to pose as aliens? Do you believe there are e.t's here then?
edit on 20-12-2012 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

To truly understand the UFO phenomenon, you must comprehend spaces, subspaces, and projections.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jahlv

This thread is stupid....it does not prove or disprove anything...it's whole use of logic is just insulting...but hey someone has to lie/misinform people...lol...gotta love those info agents

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jahlv

So a single night or even weeks worth of nights spent sky watching and that proves there are no Et's...?.....mwhahahahahahahahaha what a joke...your logic is funny

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
What do they really expect? They send out these signals in hopes that whatever life-form happens to pick up the signal knows exactly what it is and what to do with it.

It´s probably not the smartest idea to broadcast the Earth´s location to different parts of the universe anyway.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Testimony is not proof.

With certain testimony coming from people who once were working under condition of top level security clearance - no offence to these people, but they failed to convince me, with each photo (if available) they presented as it was lacking just too much of photographic detail and quality. So much so, I didn't know what I was supposed to look at. Some photos looked like drawing attempts made by kids. If you photo copy a photograph 20 times, invite an audience into a public space and say here are the facts, and you do that a couple of times (as it has happened and still does happen) don't expect me to break out into a hysterical "wow"- No, I won't budge. Of cause not. Neither would photos like that stand trial if it came to it. Also, tossing a Stetson in the sky and make a quick shot is not helping anything, whether orchestrated by a government or group with the sole purpose to deceive for whatever reasons. The point is, this subject cannot be made to a popularity contest, who has the bigger audience of viewers or made-believers. And testimony on TV with subtitles like "former Sergeant from to" - doesn't cut it. It's a polite way of saying " how dare you mistrust our government". I watched the UFO Disclosure Press Conference at least a 20 times. It reminded me on these television sales like ("and this is not all, you also get this, but wait, we have more and on top of that, wait, you get this, still not convinced, wait we haven't shown you this and this and this"). I still won't budge. No, I won't. The testimony too often referred to data that never can be accessed by the public, neither by discharged personnel as these government restricted areas are what they are (Top Secret and to the security of the country). It is easy because some Sergeant got discharged and now has no work to do, going public. Whatever he or she is saying is a dead giveaway. It never can be proven. Never. Ever. No matter what. Even if the person would tell the truth. The proof is sealed. It would require the authorities to open the gates and say "welcome everyone, feel free to look around as you see fit". It's not going to happen. Never. And the UFO Disclosure Project Video with the FBI seal "don't copy" is telling me volumes.

But I agree on one point. It is surely extremely difficult to make that shot, when an actual UFO is hovering in your backyard. Likewise with pilots flying at high speed, changing direction to make a shot is as equally difficult. Another fact is, and that is proven by psychology, the reaction time of human beings under shock. I bet my life at stake, a real encounter would make even the most hardened soldier drop his gun instead of shooting at an alien creature or UFO (if he "can" drop the gun - or is able to move at all). Which brings me to a suggestion I will cut on very briefly, because its subject is related to Science Fiction and not necessarily Science Fact. Speaking of being able to move at a close encounter. The game series Mass Effect in particular the third part demonstrates inability to move freely caused by the Reapers radiation in close proximity - it happened to the main character on Rennoch whilst battling to mark the Reaper with the laser guidance system at the end of the last targeting attempt Shepard is unable to move and extremely in the end sequence by the beam that leads to the Citadel. Who has played the game will notice how hard it becomes to move, and also the ability for weapons will change.

This part is the most important to understand. Interstellar space, our Earth and the planets in the Sol system and beyond. We can surely say that Earth belongs to all life forms found in its existence on Earth. But not necessarily as far as exo planets are concerned. If life proofs to be existent on Titan for example, we have no clearance to invade and claim Titan as ours. If so, it would be conquest. Also planting a Mars rover on Mars doesn't mean Mars is in the hands of NASA. Neither the right to launch a manned mission to Mars with the goal to establish something permanent on Mars. If alien species conquered Mars, then it is the same situation if life is existent on Mars before they arrived. It does not matter how we perceive a particular life form as far as intelligence is concerned. Just because we are bipeds doesn't mean a bug-like creature is not intelligent. We have no right to dismiss other life forms as annoyance and kill them off so we can have a planet for us. The same for alien species who think in this manner about us.

If any government is going official on the subject UFOs, remains to be seen. Things change when it is too late, because of our talent to breed liars and vote them into congress and let them make corporate decisions what is best for "us". The movie Avatar, no other movie has given better visual testimony.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
continued

If governing powers are left to corporations with sponsorships of questionable governments, whatever the agenda, we won't get them to come clean on the subject.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think when it comes to finding life the approach is too close minded. I understand that we can best search for life as we know it via Earth-like planets, radio waves, etc, but one must be open minded to the fact that life may exist in forms and ways we can't fathom, or begin to understand. The life form or intelligence could be pure energy, not even visible or detectable by our senses or equipment, or exist in another plane that we have yet to discover.

Another stark reality could be that if there is other intelligent life, and it has visited or sent probes to examine us, they would be so far advanced they may not deem it necessary to communicate with us. Just as I don't try to communicate with an ant, but have observed their ability to build mounds, communicate with one another, and protect their hives. An intelligent life form can view humans that same way.

Another thing that confuses me is that UFO is an acronym for Unidentified Flying Object, but most automatically assume that all UFOs are alien controlled craft. I'm sure if I saw some of the secret technologies governments around the planet are developing flying around, I wouldn't know what it was, but does that automatically make it controlled by aliens? Most of the UFO sightings can be explained away by optical illusions, classified tech, and natural anomalies.

With all that being said, I without a shadow of a doubt believe there is life in this vast universe, which is quite possibly one of many universes in the multiverse. I just think that enthusiasts and those that are searching for the truth should expand their horizons.

For all we know, some of these crafts could be coming from the depth of our own vast oceans and we wouldn't know intelligent life down there existed until we get the funding to create the technology to explore the trenches below.

My two cents; for what it's worth.

edit on 20-12-2012 by majesticgent because: grammar

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LEL01
reply to post by Osiris1953

It's like what Toadmund said, you don't find them they find you. I'm sure my second sighting was them letting me know I wasn't mistaken the first time. I did have reason to doubt myself the first time because of local events at the time but deep down I knew it was a real sighting.

Leaves me wondering if they intended for me to see, it really rose some questions in my head.
The other funny thing, it only registers in your mind after the fact, like 'Holy cow! I just saw a UFO!'
Whereas at the time it's 'What's that!?'

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmtkview

All the UFO idea was killed off by the pop culture. Sadly.
All those tv series (with the X-files at the front which saddens me as I liked that show) and all the interest it brought up was the eve of destruction for the movement. TV audiences got bored and the UFO idea was put to bed for a slumber.

But still... I suffer the Mulder syndrome: I want to believe....

I got bored of the X-files because the show itself was getting boring, it lost something along the way, it went downhill.
But now we have 'ancient aliens', love that show but you got to run the info through your brains crap filter, good thing they add disclaimers, as 'ancient alien theorists propose or contend or presume' and leave it up to you to choose what to believe or not.
To me the ancient aliens theory has merit, and the modern aliens too.
Are they returning tomorrow?
That would be neat!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UrsArne

The first argument for the existence of UFOs is our historical evidence written (literally) in stone, cave paintings and the like. In this respect, a counterargument would prove ignorance. However, not witnessing UFOs all the time - per se a "busy sky" - is perhaps due to other reasons, such as the effectiveness of actual space ships traveling back and forth.

My thought s are that ancient man saw a lot more of this stuff simply because our most dangerous weapons were stones and clubs. With weapon technology we have now they either stay away a lot or use cloaking devices.

Are there weapons out there designed to knock out a UFO? If so they are going to be cautious approaching Earth?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

My intent was to point out what I saw, not necessarily taking the picture I posted in question, all I am saying is that there are UFO's out there that look like that I surmise due to what I saw.

That's what I saw, a UFO that looks just like the pic I posted. If I found a drawing to better illustrate what I saw I would have posted that.

And PS: Would not a blurry pic suggest haste in taking the picture otherwise it would have been missed?
I guess the burden is on you to prove it's fake, but all I read is your instant opinion.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Originally posted by UrsArne

The first argument for the existence of UFOs is our historical evidence written (literally) in stone, cave paintings and the like. In this respect, a counterargument would prove ignorance. However, not witnessing UFOs all the time - per se a "busy sky" - is perhaps due to other reasons, such as the effectiveness of actual space ships traveling back and forth.

My thought s are that ancient man saw a lot more of this stuff simply because our most dangerous weapons were stones and clubs. With weapon technology we have now they either stay away a lot or use cloaking devices.

Are there weapons out there designed to knock out a UFO? If so they are going to be cautious approaching Earth?

An excellent point. But there seems to be more to the whole story than just curiosity to explore Earth on such a large time scale than this. According to this, theoretically, alien species are "observing" or visiting us for more than 2000 years. One could argue that there must be something of interest on Earth or within the human that draws attention. As I suggest, we have abilities that are unlimited to creation processes initialized by thought. And that is something worth to the other species to either study or to control or to disable. And also, I state clearly, we are in our original form not hostile creations, but we are now because of involuntarily DNA changes. There could be an interest to keep it that way at all cost.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jahlv

I think that is pretty weak, not that they are moving on with their lives but stating that there is no truth to find. I just found out about the Roswell death bed testimonials last year and it was paradigm shattering for me. The 2007 book Witness to Roswell puts the nail in the coffin on this issue and it is sad people do not promote it more around here. I agree it is boring to look at everything trying to see if it is an alien craft, but with the Roswell death bed testimonies and the Fermi Paradox I would certainly not call this the time to give up. We are now scientifically to the point where they are not debating whether there is life but why we have not made contact with it. "To my mathematical mind of course aliens exist," said Stephen Hawking recently. And once you get to that point it is only a hop and a skip to see that there has been contact and it has been covered up, thus negating the paradox.

Where they have quit others will pick up their slack. The fact is the biggest pieces of information are already out there and simply need better marketing. (I'm doing what I can right now to spread awareness and encourage others to do the same. Witness to Roswell is a hell of a weapon in the battle for the truth.)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by UrsArne

Cool post. I agree we are very interesting to them and they have been here since the beginning. I think "they" and us are integrally intertwined, myself... People who think aliens would have no interest in us make little sense to me, because humans have interest in most anything, so why not an alien for our species same as some of us have love for birds or dogs or even rats? But I think it is deeper than them studying us out of curiosity. I think we are bound somehow. Perhaps we spiritually feed off of each other in some eternal symbioses. I think Terence McKenna, Graham Hancock and Jacques Vallee were all correct or close to correct in their deduction that modern days aliens are merely a new mask on the same face that has been with us forever, previously in the forms of fairies, sprites, elves and the like...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by anomalie

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by jahlv

Now that's a textbook PSYOP disinformation article if ever I read one. The mountain of testimony and evidence proving the validity of the phenomena makes this article a joke.

A large % of people still believe in angels, fairies, bigfoot & vampires...despite zero tangible evidence. Just because lots of people believe and claim to witness something...does not reliable/actual evidence make. There is nothing in the way of actual proof. Human beings are liars, idiots and superstitious. Testimony is not proof.

Thats a lame argument and you know it
and anyone looking seriously into the subject no matter what there beliefs are would agree.
No offense but you sound like someone who doesnt know f**k all about the subject.

Because you know, saying that a lack of evidence and conflicting testimony from unreliable witnesses is not proof...means you've never looked into the subject.

You obviously are representative of the blinded UFO/Alien enthusiast. Carry on, junior. You fit right in.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join