It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO enthusiasts admit the truth may not be out there after all

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LastExplorer669

Last Explorer 669: I think we are bound somehow. Perhaps we spiritually feed off of each other in some eternal symbioses

By all means, I don't object if it is a mutual agreement. But at the moment I don't sense a feedback coming from aliens. The way I see it, is that this deal is working here towards a one way street but not a symbiotic benefit for both. Besides, there is a possibility, that they cannot comprehend us and we cannot comprehend them. Never doubt the complexity of thought, consciousness and awareness. What we might think reasonable may be subject to rejection by other species. This can cause distress and possible outbreak of war. So we have to be careful with assumptions.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Did anyone else see what you saw? Were there any reports on the news?
My sighting was a huge light just above the rooftops, I don't know if something was hidden by the light. I can't be the only person to have seen it but nothing turned up on the news or here, just me here.
From what I've been reading on an old thread here, yes they decide who gets to see them.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
That's what the government/ aliens want us to believe, so it will be easier for them to harvest us, but only after we're disarmed

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM
That's what the government/ aliens want us to believe, so it will be easier for them to harvest us, but only after we're disarmed

What exactly do the aliens or governments want us to believe?
I don't understand what you referring to with your post.
Can you be more specific.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jahlv

UFO sightings are on the rise all across the world.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

Originally posted by anomalie

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by jahlv

Now that's a textbook PSYOP disinformation article if ever I read one. The mountain of testimony and evidence proving the validity of the phenomena makes this article a joke.

edit on 19-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

A large % of people still believe in angels, fairies, bigfoot & vampires...despite zero tangible evidence. Just because lots of people believe and claim to witness something...does not reliable/actual evidence make. There is nothing in the way of actual proof. Human beings are liars, idiots and superstitious. Testimony is not proof.

Thats a lame argument and you know it
and anyone looking seriously into the subject no matter what there beliefs are would agree.
No offense but you sound like someone who doesnt know f**k all about the subject.

edit on 19-12-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

Because you know, saying that a lack of evidence and conflicting testimony from unreliable witnesses is not proof...means you've never looked into the subject.

You obviously are representative of the blinded UFO/Alien enthusiast. Carry on, junior. You fit right in.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

You missing the point.

The point is theres enough evidence to show thats there is something going on and if you really looked into it you would have to conclude its a genuine phenomena worthy of further investigation.

My problem is you dismiss out of hand with you silly comparison with fairies and angels intentionally trying belittle the UFO subject.

We would all love to see indisputable proof backed up by science if we had that there would be no debate but that doesnt mean its hogwash.

I mean seriously if you think its all BS then what are you doing here ?..Something must motivate you to come to a Alien/UFO forum...right ?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anomalie

He might be seeking the truth and we need to give him credit for it. It doesn't mean he objects to it, but everyone needs to acknowledge that the subject is not too easy for everyone and they want proof now but not tomorrow. But for right now, as many good thinkers were dismissed and ridiculed for providing evidence of our past history that stretch 1000s of years back such as cave paintings, old ruins and other remnants, my conclusion is, disbelievers are just confused by deliberate disinformation. And to them, it is up to us to fix it. It won't be easy.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by UrsArne

If that was true you would think he (and others like him) would be little more open to the idea and less dismissive.

Ive heard enough stories over the years from real people (not over the net) to know there something to it thats not even considering all the data already out there.

I have found people in the real world are afraid talk openly about their UFO experience unless someone is prepared listen without ridicule and judgement.and believe me no amount reading about UFOs, looking at UFO videos/photos compares to hearing these stories from the horses mouth.

You get the feeling whatever they saw was pretty extraordinary and if theyre lying..well they deserve an Oscar!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Given the context, what exactly are you suggesting?
be more specific to:

If that was true you would think he (and others like him) would be little more open to the idea and less dismissive.

My guessing abilities are amiss at this point, because I don't understand what you referring to.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by UrsArne
reply to

post by anomalie

He might be seeking the truth and we need to give him credit for it. It doesn't mean he objects to it, but everyone needs to acknowledge that the subject is not too easy for everyone and they want proof now but not tomorrow.

Originally posted by anomalie
reply to post by UrsArne

Ive heard enough stories over the years from real people (not over the net) to know there something to it thats not even considering all the data already out there.

I have found people in the real world are afraid talk openly about their UFO experience unless someone is prepared listen without ridicule and judgement.and believe me no amount reading about UFOs, looking at UFO videos/photos compares to hearing these stories from the horses mouth.

You get the feeling whatever they saw was pretty extraordinary and if theyre lying..well they deserve an Oscar!

Given the context, what exactly are you suggesting?
be more specific to:

My guessing abilities are amiss at this point, because I don't understand what you referring to.

Thats what im refereing to when i say if thats true...the poster who makes these comments below is in my opinion not seeking the truth they serve no purpose and consider the rest of us morons who believe anything and everything then feel the need to preach to us like were so dumb we incapable of applying any critical thinking.

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by jahlv

Now that's a textbook PSYOP disinformation article if ever I read one. The mountain of testimony and evidence proving the validity of the phenomena makes this article a joke.

edit on 19-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

A large % of people still believe in angels, fairies, bigfoot & vampires...despite zero tangible evidence. Just because lots of people believe and claim to witness something...does not reliable/actual evidence make. There is nothing in the way of actual proof. Human beings are liars, idiots and superstitious. Testimony is not proof.

Hes not even willing to acknowledge credible eye witness reports let alone any other evidence.
Now does that sound like a person whos studied the subject and is open to the idea of UFOs ?

I think not.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

OK, I see you made your point. But given the chance, do you think it can help, if we continue our work and research to educate people for the good cause? We all need to hold together. The evidence is there. There is no more doubt about that, what happened here on Earth. If some archeologists don't do their homework and deliberately misinform, then even with that we need to change this. Too many good researchers are already dead and cannot speak out anymore. But that doesn't mean their research is in vain for the future of all of us. We can do this.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I forgot to mention one aspect regarding the skeptics. We need skeptics in our research, too. That is, they keep us focusing on facts and that we don't end up believing in theories which could prove to be wrong. We all know that this has and happens very easily that a theory becomes a doctrine and counterarguments will get ridiculed. Even though mentioned before, the example what happened with the long-lasting doctrine that Earth is a flat disc - whoever opposed the idea was putting his life at risk. We don't want to make this mistake repeatingly over and over again. If skeptics work together with us, it will be beneficial. Science should not be a place that keeps practicing how to hold grudges that turn into something nasty.We are better than this.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

reply to
post by anomalie

if we continue our work and research to educate people for the good cause? We all need to hold together. The evidence is there.

Agreed...however some people come to the table with their minds already made up and arent open to anything that conflicts with their personal view. This works both ways believers and skeptics.

Bottomline if theyre willing to listen then fine... i'll tell them what i know or if you like 'educate'

I forgot to mention one aspect regarding the skeptics. We need skeptics in our research, too. That is, they keep us focusing on facts and that we don't end up believing in theories which could prove to be wrong

Absolutely we need skeptics..blind belief is not going to get us anywhere we have to try our best to remain objective both feet on the ground and keep it real.

I have problem with pseudo skeptics and debunkers who masquerade as skeptics theyre just as bad as the blind believers.

edit on 22-12-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

It will be "ugly" - to debunk the blind believers and blind skeptics. But I don't see any other way going forward. To commit, there's one thing, anomalie. In today's world we live in, Text-Book Science, no matter what, is the meaning of "Whatever we say is true. No normal rational thinking being would ever doubt our research.". Indeed, there are subjects of scientific study that carry weight, but most of the studies are deliberately halted by public figures to stop progress. Contemporary science is based on memorizing what is in the text books already then you become a professor. Peer Review is a setup like the Oscar Nominations in Hollywood. Many learned that the hard way and kept trying many times.

Let me give you an example. The Japanese "New Einstein", as many think of him. Michio Kaku is Professor for Theoretical Physics. The subject of Theoretical Physics is what it is. As he is the successor of Einstein, everything he says is just right-out the truth and nothing but the truth. He can be debunked with two words. String Theory. According to Kaku, string theory is the next big thing alongside quantum physics. To prove, quantum physics and string theory are both theories. Scientists acknowledge and debunk themselves in their own teachings at Universities. Quote Wikipedia: "quantum mechanics does not yield a description of an objective reality but deals only with probabilities of observing, or measuring". According to science, this is not acceptable to be even remotely considered scientific as it is at the same level of Shamanic teachings.

Objective Reality and Probability to Observe. It partially boils down to that famous quote in the movie The Matrix. What is real? How do you define Real? and to one more thing. Our Dream Worlds (some call it meditation or believe it's two separate things all together). When I dream and be able to walk in a city and touch and feel objects, - and remember that I did - then to me, this is proof of Real. The driving force behind the phenomenon when we shift our awareness from one reality to another reality is even for string theorists too big to comprehend. If science cannot find an element or equation for awareness and consciousness to them it is pseudo science. Quantum Theory is not responsible for my dreams or awareness states. Humanity was just dreaming or meditating fine without the need of a theoretical formula for millennia. If people like Kaku think they got it cracked open, they still don't know how the statues on the Ester Islands came in place, their theories don't help to lift the Colossi of Memnon (their science was able to cut them into pieces to lift them).

You see, it's not going to be easy. It will be ugly. But as I said, we can do it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UrsArne

What a thought provoking and intelligent post..i cant really add to that but if im reading you right i agree science should be evolving organism its cant be static but dynamic..the problem arises when it doesn't fit into standard or current model making it difficult to conceptualize and accept like quantum mechanics vs string theory - imagination and creativity is key to this understanding.

Sorry I missed your original reply but i thought its worthy of a response even if its months ago

edit on 4-2-2013 by anomalie because: spelling etc

edit on 4-2-2013 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
iv seen aliens before, so im not left questioning
but i wish you all luck. Iv left various posts and tips on how to bring them into your life.

First step is break down of the ego and your current understandings of fear and love. Next you will need to practice calming your mind. You need to be able to conquer your mind to stop your thoughts at anytime. * tho when you are legitly stressed over a situation it can be hard* but any time nothing intense is going on you should be able to control it at will. You will need to sincerely with all your heart want to see one. You can't want to see one because your planning on taking a picture and showing all your friends so everything thinks you are some kind of hero. UFOs will always have their picture taken. But. I can't really say much. Not that many people are ready. I would say 1/3 of people can handle that stuff. Everyone else turns a blind eye once it happens or are to suspicious of something greater than them existing... in such close proximity. It really burns an apes ego you know?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

No offense but you sound like the typical 'im special, the chosen one and able to see but you cant cos you not on the same wavelength' crowd.

If you have knowledge the rest dont have then please share otherwise good luck with that attitude on ATS i aint got time for it.

edit on 5-2-2013 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

If that's all you got out of it then yeah. Some people get it, some people don't. And you're just one of the people who don't get it? Yeah i am special. Im left handed. there are 10% of us on this planet. So yeah. Im not really pretending here. I am an oddity. As many of my southpaw brothers and sisters. I do have B blood type. But does that have anything to with it? possibly if you believe in eugenics. Do i have certain abilities other people don't have? Yes i do. And i am not delusional telling you about them. Have a seat. Well for starters, I have full eye brow control. Which is an ability not many people have. I can force shivers down my spine to make myself have goosebumps at will. I have a frequency in my head that's never a constant pitch. If i focus on it it changes. And the pitch changes when i though through different trances, say i move from beta to alpha when im very calmed the pitch does change. Im able to pulse it too. I can hear electronics and there various pitches. I can't obviously tap into them and just start making electonics go nuts. But i am really senstitive to frequencies and such. If you pull out an alarm clock most of the time i will hear the electricity die inside of it. Tho its not very noticeable. its noticeable enough that it feels like someone just turned off a vacume cleaner and your ears are still ringing after because i would automatically tune it out over time focusing on other things.

But besides all my randomness anyone can see anything they want. Just don't be a puss. And keeping a bad state of mind, one where your only wish to see one would be to brag about a picture. Or even thinking that youl somehow need a picture to prove any experiences your seeking of having. Let the lazy people go out and seek it form themselves, you take out half the fun trying to take a picture of it. and the other half dosnt exist because your dead if you actually get a picture of an alien.

Do you know any living people with *authentic alien photos* no you don't because if they had them they would be dead lol. Sure youl see people with ufo photos. But ufos are like watching cars pass by. You dont see whos in the vehicle. So its not really a big deal, at least to me. Maybe to some of you guys youl flip out haha. but i think its all cool stuff and all that. lol. I donno, try not being so skeptical? Don't ask me how to have a normal life. Im still trying to figure that one out myself.
edit on 12-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

And i don't know if this is an ability more so a disorder. Tvs lights and stuff like that bother me to a degree and im lucky im not epileptic because for me, the light in my room pulses like a very fast flickering. and i see lines on the computer screen but iv trained myself to ignore it. Sometimes it disorients me but i found that being in certain trances allowed me to be less annoyed by people and by such flickering lights.
edit on 12-2-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join