It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12/12/12 UFO Picture taken on Hong Kong flight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by magma
Looks fake to me

Too clear through window

Yeah windows aren't for clear viewing

Not those ones anyway

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Haven't read the entired thread yet, but the top picture, looks as though the aircraft is making a hard right turn, and heading down as well. Seems to me, the pilots could be taking evasive action.

Just my opinion though.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Looks like some dirt on the window. The 'propulsion
outlets' on the 'UFO' are lighter specks that are on
the window. It just happens to line up nicely under that
angle. I bet there isn't another shot of this using a
different angle.

Would be cool if it were to be true, tho'

edit on 18-12-2012 by snewpers because: Typo... Probably missed a few!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by saturnsrings
Haven't read the entired thread yet, but the top picture, looks as though the aircraft is making a hard right turn, and heading down as well. Seems to me, the pilots could be taking evasive action.

Just my opinion though.

You can't tell whether it's going up, down or just banking from that photo. It's more likely that it was making a routine turn or it would have been mentioned in the OP to add credibility.
edit on 18-12-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I found this on YT. Doesn't add much more other than a couple of edited versions but as Tesco says, every little helps. I was hoping for another photo but nada.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Good thing everyone thinks alike.

Just for giggles, when I fly to Mexico in 7 weeks, I'll take a picture (we're sitting in first class) of the engine while we're flying level, and I'll post it here ok? I guarantee you, it will look very different than the first picture in this thread.

What I'm saying is, yes, I can tell they are banking in the photo. Trying to avoid a UFO outside the aircraft, is another discussion.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by saturnsrings
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Good thing everyone thinks alike.

Just for giggles, when I fly to Mexico in 7 weeks, I'll take a picture (we're sitting in first class) of the engine while we're flying level, and I'll post it here ok? I guarantee you, it will look very different than the first picture in this thread.

What I'm saying is, yes, I can tell they are banking in the photo. Trying to avoid a UFO outside the aircraft, is another discussion.

No need for that, I've been on a plane with windows before but thanks all the same. Happy that you're going first class. I'd rather not spend a couple of hundred pounds extra for free nuts and 3 more inches. I prefer to spend it on 5 star restaurants and day trips. Each to their own though.

What I am saying is, planes turn fairly frequently and turning hard and/or suddenly descending would have been picked up and reported. The fact that it wasn't leads me to believe that it was nothing unusual.

Enjoy Mexico.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dankojudd

I would like to know the distance of supposed UFO to the Planes window.... looks way too small to be as close as it looks to the plane....

flying Ants maybe

Not saying there are no such things because there are, I have witnessed it myself

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pillock
reply to post by upgrader

you have to turn your phones off when you fly.
Turning your phone on to get a picture takes a while

Ever heard of "flight mode"

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
This is CGI.

Its done well, but still CGI

If you notice there is a slight haze just around the edge of the object, this exactly what happens with certain Photoshop tools.

The lighting on the underneath of the object is also too consistent to be real.

The contrast of the insert compared to the rest of the image has been well done though.

Just my opinion though.

Anyone feel free to prove me wrong.

Not disputing this is possibly a fake but the slight haze around the edge of the object could easily be compression artifact since were looking at JPEG image so it cant be used to determine authenticity.

Originally posted by magma
Looks fake to me

Too clear through window

I hear you its too clear considering how dirty that window is and the sun reflecting off it.

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
Although not able to put the proper amount of time breaking this down and analyzing the photo, I do have some concerns with the photograph.

My most prioritized problem is the shadows and the Sun's reflection on the plane.. versus whats on the UFO (or actually more correctly.. whats not on the UFO).

Agreed im having trouble with that as well why arent we seeing any sun reflection on the UFO ?

--
Real or not i still think we need a bit more data on this photo like exact date/time, the shooter, original photo and of course more photos of UFO taken by other passengers would be awesome

S&F

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

heres one you might like

looks quite good dont you think?

FACKE !!! like all videos from looknowtv

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

It doesn't look faked, it's either a unique water droplet or a saucer, and both tend to be outside. Let's see if any more pictures of the same object turn up.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

This has to be one of the best ufo pictures I've ever seen...sorry if its already been posted. The image appears to be legit. The man who took the picture claims many other passengers witnessed the ufo and took pictures...I'd really like to see the other pictures! I thought it was pretty awesome that on 12/12/12 the 12th picture in the gallery was this ufo photo. What do you guys think?

Be very wary, surely the fact is was 12/12/12 could make a hoaxer think "yeah, I'll make a UFO picture and it'll get people interested"? Secondly, saying that other passengers spotted it, doesn't make it so.

Might be genuine, but it might not

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I like the mentality of 'I don't know what its is. But its not a UFO'. We don't know what it is, therefore its an Unidentified Flying Object. Whether ET is piloting it is another matter.

Coming from Scotland, and been in planes flying in and out of Scotland I can safely say that it does not look like 'a water droplet' of any sort. Hoax? Maybe. Real? Just as likely. And why not? Are we that ignorant to know everything there is, ever was and ever will be? I don't think so.

Its a nice picture, but the same old questions hang over the top of it. Imagine if there was a clear cut picture or video footage, it'd then look 'too real....therefore it must be fake'. Then the opposite where the picture or video is barely visible, rendering it fake because its terrible quality . Here we have a picture that meets the two scenarios in the middle, yet its still branded fake. Just what kind of evidence will convince people that these things are real and what is fake? Even if the governments and associations gave us alllllllll the information, it'd still be debunked in some sort of ' too good to be true and just a diversion from WW3' or whatever.

That's just my take, a cool picture that has left me questioning all manners of approach. Next step clearly is additional evidence, from there we can determine a higher probability of its authenticity.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
"there's.... something near the wing !"

you've got to believe me

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It seems like we've seen that exact same ufo before (not as in same model or brand, but that exact pic). I've been trying to image search it to see where it originated but haven't found it yet. I think it may have also had jets in it, or was shot behind a tree or something. ugh, memory is failing...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Well, it looks really good. Could be a well done photoshop, could be legit, who knows...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobbieK
I like the mentality of 'I don't know what its is. But its not a UFO'. We don't know what it is, therefore its an Unidentified Flying Object. Whether ET is piloting it is another matter.

Wrong it cant be classified as a UFO just yet.. first we have to determine whether the photo is real or not ..secondly we have to rule out all natural possibities..only then we can consider whether this is genuine UFO until then we cant say its real object or even if its flying.

This why we need more information regarding this photo - some expert analysis and ideally more photos and eye witness reports.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If that's real then, WOW! Great shot!

I've had a quick look about google and this seems to be the only photo in circulation. Seems a bit suspicious to me..

Lets hope some more pictures turn up soon

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join