It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12/12/12 UFO Picture taken on Hong Kong flight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This has to be one of the best ufo pictures I've ever seen...sorry if its already been posted. The image appears to be legit. The man who took the picture claims many other passengers witnessed the ufo and took pictures...I'd really like to see the other pictures! I thought it was pretty awesome that on 12/12/12 the 12th picture in the gallery was this ufo photo. What do you guys think?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"A passenger on a plane from Hong Kong to southwest China's Kunming city claims to have photographed a 'UFO like flying object' outside the window of the plane. Larry Siu said the picture was taken by a friend of his on the flight last Friday. He said many passengers saw it and took pictures."
Picture: HAP/Quirky China News / Rex Features

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I was sceptical at first, tought it looks like a airbubble in the glass, but on a closer look it clearly looks like a classic UFO (alien). Cool!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Looks fake to me

Too clear through window

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Wow, to think there are still some 1950's styled UFO's still about.

How Retro
How Classic

I bet those ones will be worth heaps more on Argos than the new ones.

They'll be collectors items in some galaxy!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Lots of stars and flags but few responses
kind of what I expected as I've shown the photo to many people who haven't been able to come up with any explanation other than its a legit UFO. Quite an amazing photograph that had me

edit on 18-12-2012 by dankojudd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Cool pic.

It would be fantastic if more photos from the other passengers were put forward. I guess we will see.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
There seem to be lights on the bottom (visible) portion of the UFO. 3 small and 1 big. I thought it was the sun's glare on glass but it has almost the same intensity all the way around, even on the shady side where the sun isn't hitting it. I don't know much about alien technology but this seems legit at first glance. Hopefully someone more edumacated than I can shed some light on this.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dankojudd

that looks fake to me, with the amount of camera phones in the world im sure if these objects were out there more evidence wouldve been gathered

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I think to even get close to any kind of verification, we need to know the flight number and investigate whether anything showed up on radar or of anything out of the ordinary was reported by the pilots or any other flights in the area at the time. We also need to locate at least two other passengers with pictures of the exact same object.

My suspicion is telling me that if this was genuine, then the other passengers would have also posted their accounts and photo's on the net creating a much greater buzz online and in the media. One picture can easily be faked.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Wow, to think there are still some 1950's styled UFO's still about.

How Retro
How Classic

I bet those ones will be worth heaps more on Argos than the new ones.

They'll be collectors items in some galaxy!

And they're looking at us like haa! those earthlings are still rolling around on 4 doors and 4 wheels....that just may be their design preference discs..:sidenote:...far as I know theyre are only 3 forms rods, discs and triangles....the triangle ufo may be from another race also Ive never seen any actual daytime photos of a triangle ufo just discs...i think the triangle types we see are just small fleets of discs or orbs types locked in formation...
edit on 18-12-2012 by pcchris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The lighting visible on the airplane and the lighting on the "UFO" appear to be different. I say fake.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by upgrader

you have to turn your phones off when you fly.
Turning your phone on to get a picture takes a while

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Looks like a chip in the glass window to me. Ive seen them in planes before.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Looks just like a water droplet to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Man you must fly in some dirty aircraft if you think it is fake because it is to clear
Look at the wing and jet engine , they are as clear .

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

Nonsense. Turn your mobile to Airplane Mode when using a mobile on airplane.

But don't think many people know this so when the get a chance to take a picture their mobile is off.
edit on 18-12-2012 by RubberDuckGB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Can any one identify what aircraft they were travellin in, from the photo, and confirm that that was the type of plane used on that actual flight?

Chips in a plane window? What airlines do you use? Hope not. Would have expected it have been grounded. Even a Chinese airline would.

Shadows? It looks like there is a highlight at the top edge, so maybe, like the upright part of the planes wing, the bottom of the craft is in shadow, which would tend to agree with the suns location, above and behind the plane.

Do I believe it is an alien craft, doubtful, probably, as we are in China, it is a high flying Chinese lantern! Haha.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pillock
reply to post by upgrader

you have to turn your phones off when you fly.
Turning your phone on to get a picture takes a while

Some people just DON'T follow the rules.....imagine that.

Interesting picture. Looks real to me. But, this is what happens with so many people crying wolf. When the legitimate appears, no one knows what to say. I too would like to see some more pics. Hope they come to light soon.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This is CGI.

Its done well, but still CGI

If you notice there is a slight haze just around the edge of the object, this exactly what happens with certain Photoshop tools.

The lighting on the underneath of the object is also too consistent to be real.

The contrast of the insert compared to the rest of the image has been well done though.

Just my opinion though.

Anyone feel free to prove me wrong.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dowot
Can any one identify what aircraft they were travellin in, from the photo, and confirm that that was the type of plane used on that actual flight?

Chips in a plane window? What airlines do you use? Hope not. Would have expected it have been grounded. Even a Chinese airline would.

Shadows? It looks like there is a highlight at the top edge, so maybe, like the upright part of the planes wing, the bottom of the craft is in shadow, which would tend to agree with the suns location, above and behind the plane.

Do I believe it is an alien craft, doubtful, probably, as we are in China, it is a high flying Chinese lantern! Haha.

I'd say it is the Hong Kong Airlines Boeing 737-800 (B-KBE) as seen here

The wingtips and engine close to the cabin with grey banding all match and it flies this route.

I would even stretch as far to say that the passenger was sitting in either 5,6 or 7A. All we need now is a date and time.
edit on 18-12-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

Edit - Possibly flight HX273
edit on 18-12-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join