It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Church, A Theater, A School, Why Hasn't Some Lunatic Shot Up A Gun Range?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

I would certainly call him something else.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I use to help out at a pawn/gun shop that a friend owned.

I worked in the back room and many time when the owners wife was the only one out front when the owner was not There i would load a AR 15 and have it in the back room with me .
My work bench was right next to a one way mirror and i could see everything going on in the shop.
I caught a few shoplifters red handed on camera.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have a feeling it'll happen one day soon. Only takes a second, and then...well we here know the drill.

Funny you should mention this at all and now because, at my gun range,which, like many indoor ranges, has an adjacent shop that sells some very scary looking weapons, more and more people are coming in to look at these weapons and most of them really don't seem to be...erm...all there, as in what they say and how they handle the weapons. And with its recent new addition of being able to rent and shoot the AKs and ARs I've noticed some other alarming trends, as in more very young groups of amateurs with less respect for the weapon and people around them, more waving around of weapons people are shopping for, and more cavalier attitudes in general, as if it's all a big game or something. I can't describe it well, sorry, but all I know it that it's been giving me a very uneasy feeling, so much so that I've found myself going there less and less over the past few months. Sigh.
edit on 12/19/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by Grimpachi

Dont forget that there are no cures. Not one cure of mental illness has ever been claimed!

That does not excuse the fact that those people who need help find it extremely hard to find it. There is no such thing as a cure for mental illness but there are treatments and I have no doubt that if we had a better mental health system we wouldn’t be seeing the kind of incidents we have been seeing. Taking care of those who are unfortunate that are stricken with illness is indicative of the worth of a society and in this case the US gets a failing grade.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Just this year there was a guy at an Indiana gun shop who rented a gun, shot 50 rounds on the range, came back out and shot the clerk. The clerk, (being armed himself) killed the guy without any other loss of life. After the clerk got out of the hospital, the store owner told him he had a job there for life. Or at least, as long as they were still in business.

In another matter, at my gun range, the clerk had no reluctance letting a dude with a neck tattoo check out a few pistols. I guess that's the price you pay with 'freedom for all'. Obviously, you cannot deny him his rights because of that. But people with judgement THAT bad definitely wouldn't make a responsible gun owner IMO. That's where I would draw the line if it was up to me.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

Grrr! you beat me to it, GR here as well. I will say this, I drive by there daily, and the last 3 days there it's been packed!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
People shoot themselves and other people at gun ranges fairly often but, if your looking for a crowd of people it is not going to be on the top of your list and also people tend to have some sort of tie to the places the shoot up.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

You'd think someone would at least once have shot a real bad guy; I don't know maybe a politician or something? Instead, it's the innocent public biting the bullets.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by lifecitizen

Um, so was the Magna Carta.

What is your point?

you know what my point was.

why ask?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

this guy went crazy at a gun range: www.cbc.ca...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by lifecitizen

We Americans are guaranteed certain inalienable rights by our constitution/founding laws.

In the last decade or so power grabs have been made and some of these rights have been stripped away. America is corrupt to the core, but our constitutional rights are supposed to be inalienable rights meaning none have the right to change the laws guaranteed by it etc.. A tyrannical America is a danger to the whole of the world and a well armed American public is all that keeps it in check..

We don't have an armed struggle our constitution/law says that we should be well armed to meet any possible tyranny head on etc.. What would the outcome in Nazi Germany have been if the Jews had been armed to the teeth?

If we abandon the law which our country was founded on then we invite another Hitler to power etc... Elections can be bought in America friend, but at the end of the day none can trespass to far because American citizens constitute the largest armed force on the planet! Would you really like to see a helpless American public? I know that I would not want to see that!

America has killed one million+ in Iraq and how many were children? To sit and pretend that a gun ban is to safe guard children is complete nonsense! It is to further a tyranical agenda!

We are not some small nation with no real military might, our armed forces could level all of the world or least bring the entire globe to its knees! A balance of power here at home helps to keep you and your children safe!

If you trust a system which is for sale to the party willing to spend the most to always have your best interests at heart, then you are a fool! I wonder how many Jews trusted that Germany would always have their best interests at heart? Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it!

Underneath the corruption and war mongering we are a moral society. I imagine not unlike yours. We most certainly have problems as our media purports to be the voice of the American people and our elected offices go the persons willing to spend the most money etc.. We hardly have a perfect system of government and foreign and or special interest can and do control policy etc..

The real America does not have a voice, when we vote for a president it a choice between two persons who have been pre selected by corrupt systems. We do however maintain a balance of power by purchasing and keeping all the arms we can get a hold of! It is a silent trust, and it most certainly does keep tyranny in check.

I know that sounds like some more American dribble, but if Hitler had come to power here I like to think we would have taken him out pretty quickly!
edit on 19-12-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

Spoken like a true American- we could flatten (blow up) the world. lol. 'largest armed force on the planet' 'bring the entire globe to its knees', blah blah blah so self important. You aren't the superpower any more and if China and Russia joined forces, you'd be given a serious run for your money.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Cars do not go out of their way to find and kill other motorists. Volcanoes do not go out of their way to kill the stupid people who built homes on its sides. Tsunamis do not go out of their way to find vulnerable areas to flood and kill the thousands of people who live there. Storms an tornadoes do not go out of their way to find unsuspecting people to kill. Bombs dropped by military do not go out of their way to find innocent bystanders to blow to smithereens. Nuclear bombs do not look for innocent people to vaporize. Animals do not go out of their way to find humans to kill or eat. Mountains do not call climbers to come to die on its slopes. Oceans do not go out of their way to find stupid sailors to drown nor do they set sharks upon those who fall in the ocean to be eaten - surfers go out of their way to find the biggest wave to commit hari kiri upon. Guns and rifles to not search out people to shoot and kill.
In all these instances stupid people build in places they shouldn't, go places they shouldn't, explore places they shouldn't, stay in villages that will be blown apart, join militias they shouldn't, drive drunk, drive to fast, become criminals, murder ex-lovers, kill their bosses, go postal.
Admittedly children in a school did nothing to bring tragedy their way other than being in the same place where some nut job would go postal and shoot anyone moving within his/her sight. The people in the World Trade Center did nothing to bring disaster their way.
You have to admit that there are money hungry, power hungry, media hungry, egoists who don't care about anything or anyone but themselves - innocent people are their cannon fodder.
Bankers who rob and pilfer through schemes are no different from shooters. How many people have died from having no home, no money for food, no opportunity for a job.
Dictators, Premiers, Presidents and politicians fall into the same category of predators looking for prey.
Why have't there been very many mass killings of politicians, Presidents, Premiers and Dictators? Because these people in power have the means to make life miserable not only for you but also for your entire family.
Maybe we should ban everything that kills people - cancer, diabetes, heart conditions, food poisoning, snake venom and so on the list goes.
Why not ban God since he seems to kill millions of people every year and trillions over a lifetime. What a joke Jehovah is, the same for Allah and Muhammad, Jesus is a barrel of laughs on the innocent. Churches or Religions are part of those same jokes on humanity Lets kill everyone in the name of your God. Lets send everyone to heaven or hell - neither of which exist except in the mind of the believer.
God exists with or without me - it takes no faith in God from me for God to exist. Trees exist whether I am alive or dead - can a tree have faith that it exists or that God exists.
Tomorrow - 12/21/12 - nothing will happen because I say it won't. I will not allow my existence to be shortened by anything other than the way I know I will die. I will not die because the world went spinning off into space, because the earth shakes, quakes, rattles and rolls. If space aliens show up on the White house lawn I will greet them as brothers and sisters whether they are blue, pink or wrinkled skin.
Why - because God created all the worlds, all the universes, all the methods of death and life. There is no blame because it is just a fact. Period!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dianashay

this guy went crazy at a gun range: www.cbc.ca...

Two range supervisors moved in to wrest the gun away from the man with all three falling to the ground in the struggle.

During the scuffle, three or four shots were fired, with one hitting the man in the neck,

The difference here is that the lunatic hurt himself and not anyone else.

But since you brought it up, let me get this straight.
The gun toting supervisors, had the option of shooting that person, but instead chose to wrestle him to the ground?

This is further proof that those that respect firearms are much more responsible than those that oppose them.

You are not helping your case any by referencing such an article.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

You are not helping your case any by referencing such an article.

my case? I am not even for gun control, I was merely commenting an incident as per the topic asked.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Yes, I wonder if the authorities found a tie yet. After all, he did destroy his hard drive.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: redshoes

No, everyone should pay for their own. I have a hard enough time stretching my money to pay for our immediate needs. I am tired of free loaders.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You have to admit that going to a gun range to "rampage" the general population does make it seem more sporting. Only cowards attack defenseless people. But then if they were people of character, mass shootings would not happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join