It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Israel and the U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I remembered this from High School History, George Washington(1st President) was reluctant to be the President. See also below:

www.americanpresident.org...
Washington did not want the office, but he worked for over a year to ensure the Constitution's ratification, which was achieved in June of 1788. In the wake of winning his country's independence and then overseeing the formation of its government, George Washington thought he had done enough. He desperately wanted to go home and live a quiet life, but Americans wanted no one else to lead them.

Saul(1st King of Israel) also was reluctant to be the king.

1 Samuel 9:20b And to whom is all the desire of Israel turned, if not to you and all your father's family?" 21Saul answered, "But am I not a Benjamite, from the smallest tribe of Israel, and is not my clan the least of all the clans of the tribe of Benjamin? Why do you say such a thing to me?"

1 Sam 10:20-21.
When Samuel brought all the tribes of Israel near, the tribe of Benjamin was chosen. 21Then he brought forward the tribe of Benjamin, clan by clan, and Matri's clan was chosen. Finally Saul son of Kish was chosen. But when they looked for him, he was not to be found.

1 Sam 10:22.
So they inquired further of the LORD, "Has the man come here yet?" And the LORD said, "Yes, he has hidden himself among the baggage."

1 Sam 10:23-24.
They ran and brought him out, and as he stood among the people he was a head taller than any of the others. 24Samuel said to all the people, "Do you see the man the LORD has chosen? There is no one like him among all the people." Then the people shouted, "Long live the king!"

this is the edit connection concerning donkeys

George Washington was the first person in the United States to own mules. He had heard that mules made good farm animals and he contacted the U.S. ambassador in Spain to ask about them. In 1785, King Charles III of Spain sent Washington a male donkey as a gift. That male donkey became the father of the mule industry in the U.S.

1 Samuel 9:[3] And the asses of Kish Saul's father were lost. And Kish said to Saul his son, Take now one of the servants with thee, and arise, go seek the asses.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
why must american christians connect the bible to EVERYTHING

when people wrote the bible they weren't attempting prophecy with every line, they were merely writing down a text by which they wanted to live

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Item of interest.

Nancy Pelosi third in line for presidency

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton jumped into the fray as a 2008 presidential candidate with the words "I'm in" posted on her Web site.

"And I'm in to win," she added in a statement, announcing she has set up an exploratory committee that can gauge opinions and raise money for a presidential campaign.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'll add to this thread the chance that Barack Obama could end up the Vice Presidential candidate on the Democratic ticket for '08.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
2008 Presidential Election
Aug. 9, 2007 - News
Hillary Clinton has surged to a big lead in national polls for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination but her chief rivals say the polls are overblown and the race is far from over. For more information go to The Washington Post.

New State Polls from Florida, Iowa, Ohio, and Pennsylvania were released today. Here is a summary of the results:

Democratic Candidates

Candidate FL IA OH PA
Hillary Clinton 43% 27% 35% 35%
Barack Obama 13% 22% 17% 19%
Al Gore 11% - 12% 12%
John Edwards 8% 22% 13% 10%
Joe Biden 2% - 1% 2%
Bill Richardson 2% 9% 2% 2%
Dennis Kucinich 1% - 3% 1%
Unsure - 16% 16% -
Other 4% 4% 3% 2%

www.presidentpolls2008.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
why must american christians connect the bible to EVERYTHING

Why not?

If it fits and is true and can forewarn, then it does what it's supposed to. The Bible is a book filled with many treasures to be looked for.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
I recently watched a program that dealt with the similarities of Old Testament Israel and the U.S. The U.S. has drifted from God since it's formation and morally we are picking up speed in our decline. This is what happened to ancient Israel.

It got me to thinking so I checked out how many kings Israel had from Saul through the DIVIDED KINGDOMS of Israel and Judah. I found out that Israel had 44 kings rule over them. Now David's son Absalom tried to oust his father but the Bible doesn't say King Absalom anywhere in it, so I'm not counting him. It does call Ishbosheth and Adonijah king so they are counted. Of these 44 one was a queen. God then had both Israel and Judah conquered by her enemies.

George W. Bush is the 43rd president of the United States. We are also a nation divided(republicans and democrats) and that was made apparent and solidified in the last election. The U.S. has had a president and first lady similar to Ahab and Jezebel. We also have a woman who is in a position of power right know who has the capability to run for president in 2008 and has a real chance of winning the office. This would match the one queen Israel had. We are only one president away from the same amount as ancient Israel's 44 kings. God removed them after their 44th "kingly" leader. Is He about to deal with the U.S. in the same way.

The Bible tells us that things written in it are for ensamples for us. The word ensamples can include the definition of "imitation" and "pattern."
Ecclesiastes also says there is nothing new under the sun, the things that have happened will happen again.

Just one thing to say.
Self important much?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join