It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread closed due to a lack of common courtesy. MODS PLEASE DELETE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Why all this focus on "gun violence" rather than "violence" in general?

Played like puppets... both sides, mind you.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
I seriously give up

Mods close the thread

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam
Why all this focus on "gun violence" rather than "violence" in general?

Played like puppets... both sides, mind you.

That is really the disingenuous nature of the debate, because they know that violence in general is not much different gun bans or not, so they change the debate to fit their agenda.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

its not just the US government that american citizens need guns to protect themselves from...

the threat of a FOREIGN INVASION or TAKEOVER is what we really need them for.

you also forgot to mention the eminent societal collapse of the us government in general, then that would be followed by anarchy, which leads to roving gangs of hungry and violent people pillaging,raiding, killing, and raping anything in their path.

a butter knife wont protect my children from that, but a semi auto AK47 will, and my 12 gage shotgun will deter most people.

the moment we trade in our guns, we lose our freedom

link   
Love the "THREAD CLOSED" in the title!

link   
So, taking you ball and going home? That's understandable when you've painted yourself into a corner, I guess.

Nice custom title, by the way.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Because any further posts by him would have been redundant and irrelevant because what it comes down to is yet another rant by a non-american about how us americans should live our lives and conduct our business.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Lol

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

It is really sad to me..

Instead of putting ALL of these hours and effort into something which actually addresses the real issue, it is all wasted on doing something which wont solve anything. Though, it is exactly that division which is encouraged to grow by everything from the media to governments. Much easier to play the field when they are too focused on proving their own agenda as "right" rather than actually approach the issue with the idea of making a real difference in the atrocities we face every day, regardless of method of action.

Most would rather focus on one aspect, which they can most likely distance themselves from morally, so that they can avoid any personal responsibility for as long as possible. All the while, things like this tragedy will continue to happen unabated whether it is with guns, bombs, or biological agents.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Okay OP... Fair enough. I know your posts to be good and general well reasoned. So..I'll give ya time to make the whole thing. Then I'll rub my paws together and dig in. Fair?

Thats exactly what I was hoping for, but whats the point.

I seriously give up

Mods close the thread

I'm sorry to see this didn't work out.. It's a shame that even after asking how ya did, folks couldn't give you the space to complete your OP before tearing into you. Hmm.... I wasn't actually going to write a thing and just wait to see what ya had to say....but then... geeze.. I saw the thread and hoped my note might prevent what you decided to do anyway. Throw in the towel. I don't blame ya though.

The funniest part is none of the people who responded in the first 5 min would have even read what I wrote LOL

kinda just strengthens the idea that most gun owners dont want to listen to reason.

I appreciate your courtesy

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

First off, do you plan on calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a moron in this thread too?

MOTF!

You obviously didnt read the thread at all, not even the first 2 paragraphs coz if you had you would have seen my apology for the way I responded to some people in those other threads
edit on 17/12/2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Don't blame him, you're the one who deleted it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I seriously give up

Mods close the thread

MOTF!

LMFAO

not quite, just typing out the 2nd post so I can get it in before all the rude people get there non sensical and non constructive comments in

Look forward to seeing you in that thread, whe you do reply try and address the points of this that thread and not bring up old ones.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I read a bunch of opinion. Then I even went back and read it again after I posted. Truth is I don't care about opinion. I certainly dont care about your opinion. When you live in America please feel free to complain/comment on out constitution and laws. Untill then, just as I said before, Get off our coattails.

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Hope you got more than your opinion in the second attempt. Because I have my own and they dont agree. Good thing for me is that I have an opinion based on my everyday life and not based on someone elses life in a different nation.

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Honestly, I think this is a deeper problem than that. This is an issue with violence, regardless of method.

But, if guns are focused, then those living in areas where guns are banned can live in the delusion that they are free from violence (gun or otherwise). It also allows the division between people on our planet to grow unabated, which is the true cause of so many of our issues.

Condescension, lack of respect, hatred, and violence are all tied so very closely with one another. But, this pulls the strings on the puppets to focus on something which will not actually solve the issue of division and hate between people, thus allowing for events like this to continue with no sign of stopping (regardless of the presence or absence of guns).

People who are avidly anti-gun have good intent, for the most part. They just dont realize they are dancing to the same drum as those they oppose, as well as the same divisive beat that drives many to take actions like this very event against their fellows. That, of course, would require personal responsibility though. Something most would like to avoid at all costs. We cant do that forever though, some day humanity will have to face its demons head on instead of just putting band-aids on the problem.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

First off, do you plan on calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a moron in this thread too?

MOTF!

You obviously didnt read the thread at all, not even the first 2 paragraphs coz if you had you would have seen my apology for the way I responded to some people in those other threads
edit on 17/12/2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

I read your 'apology' fortunately for me I'm a scorpio and don't forgive easily. I dont believe a sorry can fix everything,.

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Because any further posts by him would have been redundant and irrelevant because what it comes down to is yet another rant by a non-american about how us americans should live our lives and conduct our business.

Uhh.. Wow.. NO.. That doesn't even work here.

I was on this thread early enough to see the op had asked that some minutes be given to let the OP post be completed. That was never done and the string of attacks started despite ASKING that the op at least be complete before the thrashing began. This was a terrible thread to see evolve...and I hope this isn't something that starts happening very often.

Hey, it's one thing to tear someone apart because they are wrong. I've done it and had it done to me. Generally, I've deserved it when it's happened to. All's fair in love and blogging. However, it's basic decency to at least wait for the OP to finish writing what we're all anxiously waiting to attack like a pack of dogs to dinner.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by smashdem
People here need to learn the meaning of words like debunked and proof.
You spouted the same old tired arguments that are in the other 2,000 threads about this since last week, what here debunks anything besides these rehashed arguments debunking themselves?

Yep, no sources and nothing but, I believe so. . . This site is tumbling down hill pretty quickly.

A simple primer for people.

Proof = a claim substantiated by evidence and scholarly research with proper citations.

Debunked = Proven wrong. If your statements can be proven wrong by scholarly research and properly cited evidence, you haven't debunked anything.

Its not just the US that has this problem

Sorry but yes it is!!!!!!

Suicide bombers across the world say hello. Palestinians lobbing rockets in to Israel say hello.

Currently in Iraq there is a second civil war with Sunni and Shia Muslims engaging in the "ethnic cleansing" of whole neighborhoods.

South Africa Ethnic Cleansing erupted on May 11, 2008 within three weeks 80 000 were displaced the death toll was 62, with 670 injured by the violence when South Africans ejected non-nationals in a nationwide ethnic cleansing/xenophobic outburst.

Approximately 400,000 people have been displaced in the 2012 Assam ethnic violence between indigenous Bodos and Bengali-speaking Muslims in Assam, India.

In 2002 Gujarat, India violence was a series of incidents including the Godhra train burning and the subsequent communal riots between Hindus and Muslims.

All you really have to do is look at Mexico. They have the great balance of extremely strict gun laws and drug prohibition. It is almost monthly that mass graves are found or families murdered for cartels to take their land.

Here you go with a great little article. America Number One In Gun Ownership, Number 28 in Gun Death

Most criminals have weapons to either protect their drug stash or turf, actually using them they know is not good for business. By far the majority of gun deaths are either crimes of passion or the work of mentally ill people, not drug dealers or bank robbers.

Gangs are responsible for between 48% and 90% of all violent crime.136

136 2011 National Gang Threat Assessment, FBI, September 2011

• 71% of gunshot victims had previous arrest records.
• 64% had been convicted of a crime.
• Each had an average of 11 prior arrests.117,118
• 63% of victims have criminal histories and 73% of the time they know their assailant (twice as often as victims without criminal histories).119
Most gun violence is between criminals. This should be the public policy focus.

117 Richard Lumb, Paul Friday, City of Charlotte Gunshot Study, Department of Criminal Justice, 1994
118 Homicides and Non-Fatal Shootings: A Report on the First 6 Months Of 2009, Milwaukee Homicide Review Commission, July 13, 2009
119 Firearm-related Injury Incidents in 1999 – Annual Report, San Francisco Department of Public Health and San Francisco Injury Center, February 2002

See that is proof and debunking in action.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You posted before I did

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join