It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread closed due to a lack of common courtesy. MODS PLEASE DELETE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I told of this when it happened. Ive had to draw my weapon TWICE in the last year... never before... to prevent violence from being visited on my children and I in our own home where we should be most safe.

I live in a larger historic home in a good part of town. 2 jerks were trying to kick in my basement door. Im a small older woman with 3 kids in the house and my husband at work. A Mossberg 500 in my hands prevented a home invasion. The police decided to arrive **45** minutes after a 911 call not only from me but my neighbor. I have flood lights, surveillance system, signs posted that I have a surveillance system and etc. They persisted.. Im sure they wanted to break in and have a cuppa and convo with me since they bypassed every passive security I have set up and started kicking in a steel basement door.

People here would rather read about our deaths than allow me the ability to defend myself and my children because they live in some alternate universe where they think the wonderful police will arrive like knights in shining armor. In their world I can yell "go away" or beat multiple attackers with a baseball bat or a bar of soap in a sock.

Its starting to piss me off that there are those who care so little for my life and the lives of my children that they will use a tragedy to pave the way for us being at the mercy of the criminal element. They will condemn from their pedestals .... and will get on here and babble like they have ever been put in the position to defend their own lives or had to defend the defenseless. You see the same mentality between these posters and the criminal element though.. cut and run when confronted.

Mods.. DO NOT delete this thread. Let them be known for what they are, what they say, and their behavior. People need to realize they better start OWNING their actions and words.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join