It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aust schools safe following US shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

HAHAHAHA. Spearmint you are biased. Australians treated my like dumb ignorant SCUM when i visited. Some of the biggest generalizations ever presented to me. I couldn't wait to leave so I could stop being generalized as a dumb American. I tried to have a conversation and everyone wanted to fight or get in my face. "Why aren't you fat?" "you are just hooked on fluoride" or my favorite "You are just a dumb ignorant American" worst experience abroad EVER! New Zealanders treated my like a human being tho. I don't wanna hear its because of my government either because I'm not my government.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
I couldn't wait to leave so I could stop being generalized as a dumb American. I tried to have a conversation and everyone wanted to fight or get in my face. "Why aren't you fat?" "you are just hooked on fluoride" or my favorite "You are just a dumb ignorant American" worst experience abroad EVER!

What do you think the people that started this whole thread is trying to project?

“Aussies are smarter than Americans because they don’t have an obsession with an inanimate object.”

“Aussie schools are safe because of the superior intelligence of the Aussies in controlling problems.”

When you point out that the reason for the lack of incidents is shear statistical probability. They don’t have a high enough population to have a chance to rack up any number of incidents.

And based on larger sample base, they are running about statistically even, or even ahead of the US in “rampage” killings in general.

Their response to evidence showing that their little feel good thread has no connection to reality. Their response is predictable.

“That's a load of crap.”

They don’t want to admit that the feel good measures they passed, were just that. Feel good measures that have no effect on stopping another one. Blaming an inanimate object gave them an easy out. They don’t want to have to com to grips with the fact they are just fooling themselves.

So, the response to the next Aussie massacre will be predictable. “License and background checks to by gasoline.” “Waiting period for owning a harvester.” Or such stuff like that.

It is sad to see people suffering from self induced delusion.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
According to this report, gun crime in Australia went up after the ban, similar to what happened in the UK.
The stats are shown at the 1:54 mark.

edit on 12/17/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Except that we have never had a school massacre. Out list is blank, how about yours?

Culture makes a great difference!

P

i wish you guys would come out and say this in all the threads with people from aus, uk demanding america bans their guns (with all their statistics) because this stuff doesn't happen there.. i won't hold my breath though

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Polonia

G,day mate. our schools may be safer from gun related incidents. but not free from said incidents. the south aussie media just finished its latest feeding frenzie on a kid that showed up at school with his old mans pistol in his school bag. it happens often. but, not a single day goes by during which a student is not bashed and a teacher is either threatened or bashed by students or parents. now when it comes to mass murder the largest in south aussie took place prior to ww2 with a axe. the boys in blue tacked the bloke to a butcher shop that used to be opposite the nailsworth primary school on main north rd. the lads did the right thing and shot him down. this feel good wine sipping crows supporting tree huggging peacenik australia of which you speak does not exist. fact. at the moment there is a bloke on the run here in south aussie for two murders by knife and two attemped murders with baseball bats. the bikies are still fragging/shooting/bashing each other on daily basis. house invasions resulting in bashings and murder have increased since the liberals enforced the united nations demands that the total disarmement of australia commence. now go research the swiss.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
According to this report, gun crime in Australia went up after the ban,

The exact same answer is needed here that was given to the argument in this post...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
...in another thread.

1. The data is cherry picked, probably from one year.
2. The data is very very old. (eg. Trever Griffin hasnt been attorney general of SA since the 1990's).

If we wish to look at the situation as it stands TODAY, we need current data.

Here is some, from the Australian Institute of Criminology.
Its a clear trend in a downward direction.

The figure shows that although there have been fluctuations from year to year, the number of homicide incidents has shown a steady decline ...

The percentage of homicides committed with a firearm continued a declining trend...

edit on 17-12-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

HAHAHAHA. Spearmint you are biased. Australians treated my like dumb ignorant SCUM when i visited. Some of the biggest generalizations ever presented to me. I couldn't wait to leave so I could stop being generalized as a dumb American. I tried to have a conversation and everyone wanted to fight or get in my face. "Why aren't you fat?" "you are just hooked on fluoride" or my favorite "You are just a dumb ignorant American" worst experience abroad EVER! New Zealanders treated my like a human being tho. I don't wanna hear its because of my government either because I'm not my government.

We're talking about shooting each other, not tourists. So that doesn't matter.

I'm sure you've exaggerated that, and that wouldn't have happened everywhere in Australia. Most of the time that's how Americans come across. And no, I'm biased. I said that based on observation and living in more than one country. I wouldn't be surprised if you just made that up, Australians in general are not line that, they are the most laid back people in the world, and have a very diverse culture.

If it did happen, that's a direct result of Americans being overly patriotic to the point of arrogance, ignorant of other cultures, and in your face.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

What do you think the people that started this whole thread is trying to project?

Think that was me.... Wasn't actually trying to project anything. I intended to start a conversation and look what has happend. There has been some really good thoughts on this thread, but like all threads there is always one or 2 who don't play properly. Just wait till you see the next when coming very shortly...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

How could i possibly make up such a thing? Did I use Wikipedia for Aussie stereotypes?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

What another comparison between a population of 22 million to 300+million?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by okamitengu
its not hard to get an illegal gun in australia.

whoever said that is living in a cave.

i could go out now and in 2 hours have not only a gun, but a clean untraceable gun.

we dont have as many shootings as quite simply we dont have the population density.
there are plenty of stabbings and random shooting, but not usually the mass shootings in public places.

in fact the exchange of gunfire this year between rival bikie gangs and even just civilians has skyrocketed.

You must know a lot of nasty crooks if you can get an untraceable gun in less than 2 hours.

Backward barny and his brother ben cant just walk into the local pub and say "Hey bluey, give us yer shot gun will ya mate."

I doubt your claims. Feel free to entertain the idea, go and purchase a gun and post piccies for all

edit on 16-12-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

im sorry, did you just attempt to incite me to commit an illegal act on a public bulletin board?

thats an extremely poor method of reasoning and argument

also are you trying to cast some kind of guilt by association here by insinuating that i have connections to a criminal element?

the fact that you don't personally know anyone who can do this doesn't mean it isn't easy for people, just not easy for you.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

How could i possibly make up such a thing? Did I use Wikipedia for Aussie stereotypes?

That's not an Aussie stereotype, so yes.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I'm done responding now, Spearmint. You cause some real hate in my posts and the last thing anyone needs on ATS is more posts like yours.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

What another comparison between a population of 22 million to 300+million?

I am not sure if you read the whole article, or even my commentary.

It is not a comparison. it is intended to be a discussion. Actually i posted it because it appears the Australian media are gloating and at the same time working with the elites to systematically disarm America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join