It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma cannot be from past lives.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
reply to post by Angle

Do you own a computer? Yes. do you have a hard drive? Yes. Do you put Cd's in your hard drive? Yes. Think of it this way. Karma is the scratches you get in your cd of life. You have a record of everything you do attached to your soul. If you get a virus in your computer you need a program to remove it. If you get a scratch on your cd you need a way to repair it. Both involve karma. Karma is the function that keeps you balanced. There is good and bad karma, lessons need to be learned; that is karma. Reincarnation is simply the furthering of your karmic cycle.

Very nice analogy, I would like to add if I may; that the scratches on the CD are not the self. The path; a scratch remover. One cannot have a CD(life) use it; and avoid karmic scratches, even after enlightenment. Final nirvana is the safety of the case; where in no further scratches can be received or given.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
ArtofTrance and ROCR13.

Seems like karma can be interpreted as just... life. Phew..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I believe karma can be from past lives. Let's say you did something bad in a previous live and you didn't learn from it or you didn't changed yourself for the better, then in this life you are giving a new change to learn from it. I believe this has happened to me. There was a situation in this life where i had to choose Revenge or Forgive. I felt like I've chosen Revenge in another time and all it bring was more trouble. Life is all about choices and learning from them. Only then can you resolve your karma.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
My personal belief is that karma is a form of energy. With every deliberate act of intention, we send out energy. And because everything is a circle, that energy inevitably comes back to us. How much you deliberately do bad things with bad intent and bad emotion determines how much negative energy you receive in return. The area you are in can also affect this, but how you respond to that also affects what you will receive. Think of it as standing in a river. The water flows around you, and you can either make it easier to swim or harder to swim by moving various ways throughout the current.

Does karma follow us between lives? I cannot honestly say. I'm thinking it's like a bank account, but I wouldn't place money on it, no pun intended.

I happen to hold this belief as well.

Its all energy and what you put out comes back. Keeping it simple here but that is the jist of the belief I hold in regards to Karma.

When in balance the energy moves freely and is not constrained.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Karma is being judged to the fire at the day of the Lord.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

And that is your opinion, right? You're not stating that as a fact? Otherwise, I don't see the point of asking our thoughts on the matter. These metaphysical and religious threads seem to be full of people who say, "This is how it is," and they just don't leave room for conflicting opinions. There's no room for discussion, there's only, "I'm right and you're wrong, so you may as well give in and agree with me. Otherwise, don't bother talking."

I hope we're trying to avoid that kind of interaction.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Karma is being judged to the fire at the day of the Lord.

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE do not think there are others who are going to be frying in a pit.... and you aint.

There are different angles of perception my friend. They all "matter" (as in science/matter).

"God" gave and stepped out of himself to create His-story which Jesus is an image of him and the all. The His-story (Jesus's life) is a reflection. Light reflects...... matter, hence different angles of perception. This is how God is knowing and experiencing himself. Just as we do and will.

The Atom/Adam split, hence all the human races. (jesus is said to be the first and last atom/adom)

We are all created EQUAL, however the experience of creation we experience is different.

Therefore the only difference is within matter itself as the light shines on matter to create an image. Otherwise there is void.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Karma literally translates to 'deeds / acts'. My thoughts on the matter:

When you die, it's because the physical body wore out or was ravaged by disease or got killed in accident or murder. But your soul doesn't die. So you take another form.

So your 'life' consists of 1000s of costume-changes, each time you are occupying a different body and thus a different life - and it doesn't always have to be human nor do your deeds dictate what species you'll be born into - however, your experiences (good ones & bad) often make you FEEL and thus REALISE how you influenced OTHERS in past lives.

SO if you were well-off but a total d*ckhead to all around you, or humiliated someone for nothing etc, sometime in that same life or an upcoming one, you WILL be in a situation where you WILL feel what THAT person felt when you humilated / hurt them. It may not be identical situation.

But Until you feel it in your Gut and thus NEVER do that sort of thing again, it will keep repeating in your life (lves) in different ways. I guess it works in reverse for positive karmas eh?

The idea is to be gracious & kind & generous when you are doing well, and to be humble and classy when you aren't doing so well - in ANY life. IF you can do that without a hitch, then I guess you can break the cycle!

Hope that was useful / interesting : )

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
When the human his-story is over in Earth time I then think we will go onto perfect another species or something to that effect however it is my belief today that until the human species his-story is finished in Earth time (Cosmic past) we will continue to perfect and know God via the human experience.

So.... when we go back home our energy goes back to where it came and the light we take with us allows us to then come back to earth so we may show and take on another pov/light within matter itself.

I look at the Earth as a school for the human species. When will I graduate? How will I graduate?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rainychica

Good explanation. That's as clear as it's gonna get, I think.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Angels keep record of all your acts/deeds.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Good explanation. That's as clear as it's gonna get, I think.

thx

2nd

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

If you did something wrong and you did not repent then you died.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

What just came to mind is this: Reincarnation. When one dies the body is left to rot and becomes dust. Reincarnation is the reformation of this exact dust to the body you had, so you were not recreated in the womb.

That is not the traditional view of reincarnation. This is an attempt to combine Christianity with reincarnation, which simply doesn't work.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You do know the meaning of tradition, no? Tradition and ritual have got nothing in common.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

You do know the meaning of tradition, no? Tradition and ritual have nothing in common.

tra·di·tion
/trəˈdiSHən/

Noun
The transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

rit·u·al
/ˈriCHo͞oəl/
Noun
A religious or solemn ceremony consisting of a series of actions performed according to a prescribed order.

As I see it, the word "ritual" has nothing to do with this. I never said anything about rituals, and you seem to think I have the two mixed up when I used the word "tradition" in regard to the beliefs of reincarnation, in contrast with your idea as represented in your original post.

So the question is, do YOU know the meaning of tradition?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yes, it's meaning is the transmission of beliefs or lack of faith.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
that sugarcane, that tasted good, that's who you are, that's what you could, come on come noone can see you...

TRA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hay

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

So in the multiple reincarnations are we tied to the same people? As we are living out our lves o we re-encounter the same spirits over and over again.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buvvy

So in the multiple reincarnations are we tied to the same people? As we are living out our lves o we re-encounter the same spirits over and over again.

I think we are tied to them by karma and love. Sometimes we have karma to work out with them and then we can move on if we chose and sometimes we love strongly enough to keep ties that bind.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join