It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma cannot be from past lives.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

sorry, I'm not a "soul" so can't go anywhere
my sin was confusing you with Angel

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Mothers love..

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The reason we do not remember is we would be racked with guilt at all the terrible things we did when we were newer in our progression and more animalistic. And the terrible guilt would stifle our progression. I see karma more as a learning thing. if we did something terrible in a previous life what better way to learn never to do it again then to suffer that which we perpetrated on others?

It's all one life it's all part of our progression until we learn to live without creating negative karma and then we are fit to move on to higher kingdoms where we can be trusted with higher knowledge. Its kind of like adults not letting kids into the shop to use all the tools they have no concept of and how dangerous they are until they grow up and mature and can understand how to use them safely.

You can access past lives if you really want to but you might not like what you see.

Here is an interesting article that sort of sums it up for me that some might be interested in reading:

www.freeread.com...

Imagine the time, far back in history, when you became a human being for the first time. It may have been thousands of years ago, millions or perhaps billions depending on your age as a soul, as it is called. It may have been on this earth, or another earth in a galaxy far away.

When you first became a human it was because your soul passed a major initiation. This caused your "individualization" as a human ego. This individualization was a big step for you. It was as big of a step for you at that time as overcoming death will be for you in this age for there are no soul initiations (as there are individual initiations) between individualization and overcoming death, or entering the Kingdom of God. At individualization we entered the kingdom of the humans which was as overwhelming for us at that time as will be the entering of the Kingdom of God for us now.

When you individualized you left the animal consciousness behind and assumed a new consciousness, the human, which is to say the individual. You did not know what it was like to be a single and separate individual until this happened.

The lower animal consciousness is an identifying consciousness that does not relate to the feeling of separateness. Those in the God Kingdom are not separate, but they understand and relate to this feeling because they have passed through it as humans. The feeling of separateness must be experienced and finally directed toward a cooperative union which is a much higher stage of non-separateness than that experienced by the animals.

The animal does not realize that it can be a separate and distinct being for it relies heavily on instinctual feeling identifying heavily with nature and other lives. Man, on the other hand, sees himself as separate and therefore loses this identification with nature and often acts in opposition to it. This is why man has acquired the dubious title of "the enemy of nature." Nevertheless, the end of this lesson will be good, for man will comprehend the majesty of nature as he enters the Kingdom of God and will, from that kingdom, enhance and assist nature and make up for all the wrongs he did as a separate human... Go to the links to read more

Here are the chapters in order:
1. www.freeread.com...
2. www.freeread.com...
3. www.freeread.com...
4. www.freeread.com...
5. www.freeread.com...
6. www.freeread.com...
7. www.freeread.com...
8. www.freeread.com...
10. www.freeread.com...
11. www.freeread.com...

edit on 16-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
We all know beforehand what is wrong to do but sometimes it does not feel wrong. When reached this state of awareness, stay it and do no wrong.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
We all know beforehand what is wrong to do but sometimes it does not feel wrong. When reached this state of awareness, stay it and do no wrong.

And how do you think you learned what is terrible in the first place?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Not much time to the great depression? Where are we in time?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Not much time to the great depression? Where are we in time?

Well excuse me i thought you actually wanted some meaningful discussion my bad....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What is justice?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Thats why I didnt go any deeper because this OP is not making a clear discussion happen. Very vague and seems to already know everything about Karma and reincarnation although a slight difference with my beliefs is an understatement for now. Again, very vague one liners do not help clarify the thoughts of the OP.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Now that you are up, what is your intention?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Am I up? Up from where? What are you talking about in regards with my intent?

What IS YOUR INTENT with this thread????????

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
My intent was knowing yours dear MamaJ.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by hawkiye

Thats why I didnt go any deeper because this OP is not making a clear discussion happen. Very vague and seems to already know everything about Karma and reincarnation although a slight difference with my beliefs is an understatement for now. Again, very vague one liners do not help clarify the thoughts of the OP.

Well despite his increasing incoherence it is an interesting topic maybe we can ignore him and have our own discussion?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

As I see it from what some would call biblical perspective: What some call past lives karma can be declared simply as the sinful nature of our being at birth. We do not know exactly where we got it from; past life karma but what we then cannot figure out is from where exactly we took it upon us, see; we can't look back and all other explanations should be explained as received by spirit. We were born, newborn, with built-in 'mistakes',....... Sin?? maybe I am bringing this to you in the wrong way.

What just came to mind is this: Reincarnation. When one dies the body is left to rot and becomes dust. Reincarnation is the reformation of this exact dust to the body you had, so you were not recreated in the womb.

Food for thoughts? I just thought I explained this in a clear way.

Im sorry but i haven't got a clue where you were going with this thread...

From a biblical perspective, we are reborn into the womb... Of course any Christian will deny this... but thats hardly the issue here...

Theres nothing that says we are reformed from "the exact dust" we came from... Reincarnation is exactly how the word sounds... our spirit "incarnates" into another body which has the exact design we deserve from our previous lives....

Take a look at this thread...

Born again... and Again?

edit on 16-12-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSquare

Do you ride a horse?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That sounds more like demonic teaching to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I read open secrets years ago. By Walt Whitman. His take on reincarnation was that your interactions with others lived on in their psyche after you died. That was the essence of reincarnation. Not coming back as a scorpion or a monk or something.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

That sounds more like demonic teaching to me.

Funny... it comes directly from your bible...

Though i would agree theres lots of "demonic" teaching within said book...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Speaking of demonic.....

Who are you?

Do you have an idea yet?

I am asking you the above questions because you seem to use words like sin, demonic, hubris, and so I am thinking you are a believer in God but not quite sure you understand the Bible the way I understand it.

Can you take more time and tell us what it is you believe.... in a nutshell so we have an idea of how to educate you?

Sometimes we are teachers and sometimes we are students.... maybe you can learn some things that will free you from bondage. I sense you are indeed holding yourself back.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

We definitely can.... the Op... bless his heart. I am a tad lazy today so on days like today I would rather be a student but this OP seems to be in need of some teaching today!

I love the subject of Karma.......

Karma is evident so there is no denying the proof.

Its my opinion that karma is a term for reaping what you sow and I really think we are able to carry it over into another life. I happen to think we do not come in the spirit of an animal but as a human. Human experience is the evidence as there are many who can recount a past life and they never speak as if they were anything other than human.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join