It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Moon a Mothership ?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

edit on 19-12-2012 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

edit on 19-12-2012 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by buddhasystem

How do you know that the moon does not have a breathable atmosphere? Because nasa said so?

Feel free to revisit the Lear threads. The fact that there was no air on the Moon was well established long before NASA ever existed. If you have no curiosity about the subject, at least refrain from making silly claims.

How do you know that millions of humanoids do not reside in our solar system as we speak?

I actually don't know that. Likewise, I don't know whether there is a dinosaur in the woods behind our town. The woods are thick and dark, who knows. That doesn't change the fact that if I start walking around saying "oh God, can you imagine there is a dinosaur in the woods?", people would rightly consider me an idiot.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

That's the deal, I don't know the size of planet, plus, over 7000 years have passed since the end of the War, a lot of things can happen over time.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

If I may draw your attention to the Moon's surface, there are buildings there. Rules say you can't build anything on a surface that has no air.

If you would be so kind to explain to everyone here, how is it possible for building to exist on a desolate surface with no air?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

If I may draw your attention to the Moon's surface, there are buildings there. Rules say you can't build anything on a surface that has no air.

If you would be so kind to explain to everyone here, how is it possible for building to exist on a desolate surface with no air?

First of all, which buildings are you talking about? Can you be more specific? I know people have made claims of buildings on the Moon before, but I haven't seen proof positive of this.

Secondly, and hypothetically, why can't buildings exist where there is no air? If someday humans colonize the Moon and build Moon bases (which I think could certainly become a reality someday), those moon bases would be considered "buildings", but they could be put there whether there was air or not.

edit on 12/19/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Rules say you can't build anything on a surface that has no air.

Rules say that?

What rules would those be?

Where did you learn these rules?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Maldek building code. It's quite specific about non atmospheric construction being prohibited.

However, I'm pretty sure the Shadow Proclamation (Article 27) governs in this case considering the destruction of Maldek. So, it's Ok. Proceed.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Never heard of such thing, standard rules of physics that orthodox scientist use.

Look whose talking, a one-sided scientist who rather doubts than believes and goes against his own views.
edit on 19-12-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

In your head, how hard would it be to construct a simple building in a airless atmosphere?

To me, that would be hard, to the point of near impossible.

But what says that the Moon already has a atmosphere? To you, I'm just a nutter, some off the wall pseudo-scientist that finds out of the world stuff, but let me hit your kind with a quote.

Science has confined its labors to superficial descriptions, not
the elucidation of the fundamental causes of phenomena.

If your kind would be so kind to get out of the box, then you wouldn't be saying such things.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Never heard of such thing, standard rules of physics that orthodox scientist use.

Really? You never heard of the Shadow Proclamation or the Maldek building code? That's surprising because there is no "rule of physics" which say structures can't be built in a vacuum, so I figured you had to be talking about the Maldek building code which absolute forbids it. That is, until Maldek was destroyed at which point the Shadow Proclamation took precedence.
edit on 12/19/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

In your head, how hard would it be to construct a simple building in a airless atmosphere?

First of all, I would build as much as of it as I could on Earth in the largest modular pieces that I could fly to the moon. Being modular pieces, I would design them so once they get to the moon they would link together with only some labor involving space-suited astronauts. Granted, that work by astronauts would be difficult given the environment, but it would hopefully be kept to easy tasks.

Sort of the way they built this in space from many modular pieces made on Earth:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

First of all, I would build as much as of it as I could on Earth in the largest modular pieces that I could fly to the moon. Being modular pieces, I would design them so once they get to the moon they would link together with only some labor involving space-suited astronauts. Granted, that work by astronauts would be difficult given the environment, but it would hopefully be kept to easy tasks.

Sort of the way they built this in space from many modular pieces made on Earth:

Following the logic that has been put forth, you have just proven that space has breathable air.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

You didn't get the point, I meant from the ground up, not from Earth to space.

Can you build anything from the ground up in a airless atmosphere?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Who in the world are you talking to? Maldek's gone, *poof* into stardust and asteroids and you come along and say you have some kind of evidence that this "Shadow Proclamation" says it all?

Now I can't tell whose the Nut.

And now I question your credibility and honesty. How credible are your sources? How honest are you in your dealings with your fellow men?

*sigh*

Now just to diffuse this little ordeal, I want you, Mr. Phage, to explain to me why are we not on the Moon right now, with our own little base on that face?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

How credible are your sources?

The irony is staggering.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Yes.

Next?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I think maybe some people just want to believe.
Myself personally, I think the Moon is a big rock. Maybe that's why the governments have shown no interest
in it for so long?
We have been there, collected some rocks, dumped a flag. Then left.
The moon is similar to a party at T.G.I Fridays = No atmosphere

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

You didn't get the point, I meant from the ground up, not from Earth to space.

Why do you think you couldn't

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Phage

Now just to diffuse this little ordeal, I want you, Mr. Phage, to explain to me why are we not on the Moon right now, with our own little base on that face?

Look who long it took to get the ISS up and running and that's on our doorstep or is that simple fact to much for you to understand.

The ISS was started in 1998, it is still not complete!!!

Nauka (ISS module)

Nauka was initially planned to launch in 2007, but the launch has since been repeatedly delayed; it is currently scheduled for 2014.

Any base on the Moon is a long way off yet.

Hope that helps answer your question.
edit on 20-12-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join