It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you'll never hear about what i did today

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
A homeless person with a firearm and a computer to get onto the internet. Dude you need to re-evaluate your priorities. Sell your fire arm and your computer and use it for a deposit on a duplex.

Perhaps he uses a computer at his local library.

One should not assume things.

The op may be one of many unsung heros.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Maybe you should use those proficient survival skills to find yourself a job and a home. .
edit on 16-12-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by Mrgone

Maybe you should use those proficient survival skills to find yourself a job and a home. .

Great idea. Thanks for contributing to this discussion.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1

Originally posted by Hydroman
reply to post by Mrgone

How often do you practice using your gun? How accurate are you with it? It would be bad if you try to help someone but shoot the wrong person because you are rusty.

Woah Dude, shooting a gun is like riding a bike, You never forget. And to have Excellent gun control, Is using two hands, and hitting your target. Have you ever shot a firearm??? I don't think you have.

Thanks for answering that. I have been unable to shoot for a while due to finances. Last time I shot was about two months ago.

I train with a state trooper in weapons and tactics. I take it very seriously.

Everyone needs a hobby

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Alright, let's see if I can steer this bus back on track

My point about being unemployed and homeless was that I don't let these things upset me enough to use my weapons for harm. When people heard about the CT shooter a lot of knee jerk reactions were aimed at guns. My point was that there are a lot of responsible gun owners out there. These pieces of trash who kill make up such a statistically small amount of gun owners that I'm willing to bet it wouldn't be worth it to track.

I just went for a walk in my very lovely and pro gun town and saw this bumper sticker

"I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy and won't fit in my pocket. "

That summed it up for me. My cop buddy admits that he is not usually there to stop crimes. He's there to write down what already happened.

He appreciates armed citizens. And so do I

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

Oh the phone your connected with now oh yeah sorry I missed the posted from mobile.abovetopsecret.com footer on your posts.

Or are you just jumping on the whole bandwagon?

Do my posts say that aslo and I just don't see the "mobile.abovetop..."? I've seen it on others, but never on mine, and 99% of my posts are done on my phone. I don't think you uncovered a lie there, if that's what you were hoping for. I'm guessing there's a mobile app, or maybe a mobile site that you can choose to use to access ATS, but it's not one of those sites where you can't go to the full-function site from a mobile phone.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

reply to post by Mrgone

Oh the phone your connected with now oh yeah sorry I missed the posted from mobile.abovetopsecret.com footer on your posts.

Or are you just jumping on the whole bandwagon?

Do my posts say that aslo and I just don't see the "mobile.abovetop..."? I've seen it on others, but never on mine, and 99% of my posts are done on my phone. I don't think you uncovered a lie there, if that's what you were hoping for. I'm guessing there's a mobile app, or maybe a mobile site that you can choose to use to access ATS, but it's not one of those sites where you can't go to the full-function site from a mobile phone.

This is of topic but, I connect directly to ATS on my HTC1x. I got this phone right before things went sour and I was grandfathered into a great service plan that I will lose if I cancel my current contract.

I'm not really sure why any of that was relevant to the discussion but, there it is

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Mrgone

Isnt that exactly what crazy people say..., "im not crazy".

So we have a crazy homeless guy carrying guns around in crowds of people to protect them from some imaginary threat.

I dont feel safe.....

WoW mental midgets truly do add to the dumbing down of society!

But to the OP, don't worry buddy. You're nit alone!
From Friday forward, any nut bag that chooses to shoot up a public place where I happen to be will get shots fired right back!!!!!

I will nit be a helpless victim! I will send a message to the next loser coward who attacks unarmed civilians!!!
I am trained on using semi autos, rifles and shotguns, I am an accurate shot, and I am very strong fast intelligent and have been in over 15 man on man fights and can take a punch and a beating from over 5 guys without being knocked unconscious...

I will not be a victim, and won't let me or my fam be victims!!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

So we have a crazy homeless guy carrying guns around in crowds of people to protect them from some imaginary threat.

I dont feel safe.....

With that statement in mind, I would like to ask if you yourself are crazy or not? If you say that you are not, then,,,,,?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Imaginary threat?
I'd say the threats are anything but imaginary, but that really pins the spotlight on your way of thinking.
What if he had been at the school? What if he had been at the Mall or Theater?
Anyone of those murderous on-slaughts could have been ended by a single bullet from his gun.
Some of you are just too blind to see that guns are used to save lives too.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Have you ever used that gun in defense of your self or anyone else? If you have'nt then I would suggest you sell it and find a place to live. Taking anothers life, even in protecting your own life is not a day in the park. It is a tremendous amount of guilt and second guessing involved. You have to live with it and deal with it on the daily. It will change your outlook on life and death.

I carry a firearm. I carry "open" in a holster for all to see. Up until about 4 years ago I concealed carry. That was prior to an attempted home invasion at my home which resulted in the death of the man that tried to invade my home. I used my weapon in defense of my life and the life of my family. I would do it all again, if I had too.I don't ever want to have to go thru that again, but I will. Sell your weapon, pawn your computer,get you a safe place to stay. Worry about you, that's really all you can do.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Didn't that school have armed guards? If they didn't, they should be sued.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

I dont feel safe.....

I trust this guy way more than the cops. He's a humble man with no interests at stake in whether or not he "takes someone down". He's a vigilant Guy who is wise to the world and is ready to lend a hand. He's my kind of guy. I'm sure his willingness to help others isn't confined to weilding a weapon.

OP, keep on keeping on, man! I admire any humble man who's more than he appears. Thanks for being brave enough to tell us you're homeless. Our bizarre society seems to think it's a sin when, really, it's a great way to find the truths in the world. Never be ashamed of who you are because YOU'RE ALRIGHT, MAN!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAMale

reply to post by Mrgone

I dont feel safe.....

WoW mental midgets truly do add to the dumbing down of society!

But to the OP, don't worry buddy. You're nit alone!
From Friday forward, any nut bag that chooses to shoot up a public place where I happen to be will get shots fired right back!!!!!

I will nit be a helpless victim! I will send a message to the next loser coward who attacks unarmed civilians!!!
I am trained on using semi autos, rifles and shotguns, I am an accurate shot, and I am very strong fast intelligent and have been in over 15 man on man fights and can take a punch and a beating from over 5 guys without being knocked unconscious...

I will not be a victim, and won't let me or my fam be victims!!!!!

Hot damn, that's what I'm talking about.

I raise my glass to you, sir. May we remain unnecessary.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lance_covel

reply to post by Mrgone

I dont feel safe.....

With that statement in mind, I would like to ask if you yourself are crazy or not? If you say that you are not, then,,,,,?

Sorry but, was that question for me or the poster

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptAmerika

Imaginary threat?
I'd say the threats are anything but imaginary, but that really pins the spotlight on your way of thinking.
What if he had been at the school? What if he had been at the Mall or Theater?
Anyone of those murderous on-slaughts could have been ended by a single bullet from his gun.
Some of you are just too blind to see that guns are used to save lives too.

True. And once again, I pray that I never find myself in a situation that requires these skills.

Every time I hear about these incidents I wonder, where were my counterparts?

I don't want this to be my life but I'm skilled. Like a mathematician, or a sculpture. I just have these traits. I recognize that they are useless most of the time.

Can you imagine what it's like knowing that what you are good at, in your bones, is useless?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimultaneousFinal

reply to post by Mrgone

I dont feel safe.....

I trust this guy way more than the cops. He's a humble man with no interests at stake in whether or not he "takes someone down". He's a vigilant Guy who is wise to the world and is ready to lend a hand. He's my kind of guy. I'm sure his willingness to help others isn't confined to weilding a weapon.

OP, keep on keeping on, man! I admire any humble man who's more than he appears. Thanks for being brave enough to tell us you're homeless. Our bizarre society seems to think it's a sin when, really, it's a great way to find the truths in the world. Never be ashamed of who you are because YOU'RE ALRIGHT, MAN!

Thanks, man

Cheers

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
Have you ever used that gun in defense of your self or anyone else? If you have'nt then I would suggest you sell it and find a place to live. Taking anothers life, even in protecting your own life is not a day in the park. It is a tremendous amount of guilt and second guessing involved. You have to live with it and deal with it on the daily. It will change your outlook on life and death.

I carry a firearm. I carry "open" in a holster for all to see. Up until about 4 years ago I concealed carry. That was prior to an attempted home invasion at my home which resulted in the death of the man that tried to invade my home. I used my weapon in defense of my life and the life of my family. I would do it all again, if I had too.I don't ever want to have to go thru that again, but I will. Sell your weapon, pawn your computer,get you a safe place to stay. Worry about you, that's really all you can do.

Thank you for telling us that.

Not once, not in any of my posts will you find me wishing for this to happen. You were a victim...then you were a survivor. I commend you for that
What makes your situation different than anyone's? That answer is that you were armed and had the will to follow through

I'll never sell them all but I have had to sell some of them. I've been called many things today, crazy among them.

I've never be called a victim. I never will.

Probst

edit on 16-12-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I dont feel safe.....

Congrats!
You've connected with reality.

You never really are safe.

When you feel safe, you are probably just fooling yourself.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
reply to post by Mrgone

I'd love to sit and have a pint with you but your a bit too far for that. Your in Washington, I'm about an hour and a half south of Lake Michigan. Ok, I'll see if I can get you to laugh, ok, I was Screwed From Conception. My momma was a hillbilly, my dad was a Pollock, and when I finally got hair at 2yrs old I was a blonde. See, I never had a chance, But I make the best of it, Oh, and I am a 5' 7, 130 lb female with a take no sh!t attitude. I actually asked one of our officer friendlys if he'd be willing to spar with me(boxing) He told me no, cuz he didn't want to get hurt.

Ill spar with ya, take downs allowed

edit on 16-12-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join