It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you'll never hear about what i did today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
And I didn't even have to use my AK. Today was a good day.

sorry couldn't resist. But seriously. I too have a friend who walks around with a loaded .38. He's 35 and lives at home with his parent and spends ever single dollar he makes on guns and ammo. No joke. He has no bills cause like I said he lives with his parents...at 35. This guy runs around with a loaded gun. I ask him why. he says something very similar to what the OP posted. I gotta admit. I don't feel too safe when my friend comes over. In fact I feel like he's possibly a lunatic.

I have friends who keep loaded firearms in their house. No problem they seem sane and stable. But the insist on open carry or weird I carry a gun incase I need to dispense some vigilante justice or incase I need to be johnny on the spot thing is a little much to me. Don't get me wrong in some cases having a loaded gun in a crowd in case some nut job shows up and starts a shooting rampage is a good thing. If its not in the hands of a nut job.

And I'm a firearm owner saying this.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
And I didn't even have to use my AK. Today was a good day.

sorry couldn't resist. But seriously. I too have a friend who walks around with a loaded .38. He's 35 and lives at home with his parent and spends ever single dollar he makes on guns and ammo. No joke. He has no bills cause like I said he lives with his parents...at 35. This guy runs around with a loaded gun. I ask him why. he says something very similar to what the OP posted. I gotta admit. I don't feel too safe when my friend comes over. In fact I feel like he's possibly a lunatic.

I have friends who keep loaded firearms in their house. No problem they seem sane and stable. But the insist on open carry or weird I carry a gun incase I need to dispense some vigilante justice or incase I need to be johnny on the spot thing is a little much to me. Don't get me wrong in some cases having a loaded gun in a crowd in case some nut job shows up and starts a shooting rampage is a good thing. If its not in the hands of a nut job.

And I'm a firearm owner saying this.

If you are ever in a situation where a firearm could mean the difference between life and death and your gun is at home they won't call you a witness. They'll call you a victim.

Do you pay for insurance? Why? Sounds like your literary believe that nothing bad will ever happen to you. Insurance would just be a waist of money to a person who thinks this way.
May nothing bad ever happen to you

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You mad Bro?

What city do you live in?

Do you really need help?

Are you just playing?

If you need help just ask for it...

Put ATS on the job search.

I'll help you...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Maybe leaving your military experience off an application may get you a job easier. I dont know. When I ETSd before 9/11, my employer was so happy about the veteran thing, but now hearing about so many horror stories, I think employers are fearful because we vets have been demonized this decade.......

I too have a cc permit and pray every day that it will not be needed.

Digital animation is awesome by the way. Have you tried going to any of the local TV stations?? I know I know, its not that easy anymore to just walk into a store or employment office and ask for an application. Everything must be done on a PC at the library or cafe...You have gone to the unemployment office to look at the help ads right?

Just being a Pisces too shows that you are willing to sacrifice yourself for the greater good. Not knowing your place of birth or time, I can see you have a lot of Pisces influence and the planet Neptune is cycling around right now to sit on the spots in your chart. So this can be a hard time for you indeed. But you have Mars in Capricorn and are capable of getting things accomplished. Pluto however, is cycling around to sit right on your mars which will teach you lessons, which obviously you are experiencing. These are long term cycles. It is now time to rebuild yourself and you will learn many lessons on the way....

My story is very similar, kinda, I used my GI Bill for nursing school. It was a good run until health problems appeared out of nowhere because of a surgery.....now I am looking at losing my nursing position unless I get back to work and soon....which I cannot at this time. Just not ready yet, still in physical therapy. I push myself and push myself (got mars in Capricorn too).....it is time for me to also resurrect myself.

Everything has a cycle and like a roller coaster can have ups and downs. Everyone seems to think that because our country is in a down swing ALL gun owners have this ability to go nuts and on a rampage. IT IS NOT TRUE.

There are more responsible gun owners than out there than are not.....

Take Care

edit on 16-12-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Have you checked this out?
VA Benifits for Homeless Veterans

Eligible Beneficiaries: Veterans experiencing homelessness and Veterans transitioning out of incarceration are the primary beneficiaries of this program. You may be connected with a VBA Homeless Veterans Outreach Coordinator by calling the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at 1-877-4AID-VET or 1-877-484-3838.

Maybe you do not have to pawn your belongings...

www.va.gov...

edit on 16-12-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by Mrgone

Maybe leaving your military experience off an application may get you a job easier. I dont know. When I ETSd before 9/11, my employer was so happy about the veteran thing, but now hearing about so many horror stories, I think employers are fearful because we vets have been demonized this decade.......

I too have a cc permit and pray every day that it will not be needed.

Digital animation is awesome by the way. Have you tried going to any of the local TV stations?? I know I know, its not that easy anymore to just walk into a store or employment office and ask for an application. Everything must be done on a PC at the library or cafe...You have gone to the unemployment office to look at the help ads right?

Just being a Pisces too shows that you are willing to sacrifice yourself for the greater good. Not knowing your place of birth or time, I can see you have a lot of Pisces influence and the planet Neptune is cycling around right now to sit on the spots in your chart. So this can be a hard time for you indeed. But you have Mars in Capricorn and are capable of getting things accomplished. Pluto however, is cycling around to sit right on your mars which will teach you lessons, which obviously you are experiencing. These are long term cycles. It is now time to rebuild yourself and you will learn many lessons on the way....

My story is very similar, kinda, I used my GI Bill for nursing school. It was a good run until health problems appeared out of nowhere because of a surgery.....now I am looking at losing my nursing position unless I get back to work and soon....which I cannot at this time. Just not ready yet, still in physical therapy. I push myself and push myself (got mars in Capricorn too).....it is time for me to also resurrect myself.

Everything has a cycle and like a roller coaster can have ups and downs. Everyone seems to think that because our country is in a down swing ALL gun owners have this ability to go nuts and on a rampage. IT IS NOT TRUE.

There are more responsible gun owners than there than not.....

Take Care

I think is funny how no one has ever said to my face that I'm not trying hard enough to find a job. That only happens anonymously over the internet. No big deal. I keep at it.

Your assessment of my situation is spot on. I'm a Pisces. And I am learning some lessons.

I sincerely hope that you get back in the game soon. I thought that with my skills and background that finding a job would be a cinch after the last one. That was 17 months ago. Don't leave until you have something else locked for sure. That was a pretty big lesson.

Big smile for you. And carry your weapon humbly. May you never finds a reason for owning it

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
Have you checked this out?
VA Benifits for Homeless Veterans

Eligible Beneficiaries: Veterans experiencing homelessness and Veterans transitioning out of incarceration are the primary beneficiaries of this program. You may be connected with a VBA Homeless Veterans Outreach Coordinator by calling the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans at 1-877-4AID-VET or 1-877-484-3838.

Maybe you do not have to pawn your belongings...

To be honest I have looked into several programs. My ego hurts when I do because there is nothing wrong with me. No valid reason why I qualify for these programs more than say a disabled vet. I am employable, healthy and reliable. If I go this route I may be taking away from others who are less fortunate. Sounds dumb when I read that back but it's just how I feel

You rock

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Thanks
I hope I didnt seem to imply you were not trying. Sometimes other people may find something that we overlooked.

I get tons of people offering me advice everyday.....everyday I learn something new and some things that were no brainers....one just never knows.

I'm waiting for a new VA hospital to open up late next year. Hopefully there will be a place for me there. It can be hard when you are away from family. My whole family is on the west coast and I'm in the east... Some people can say, oh just get back in touch with your family" but its not that easy is it. Life circumstances and situations can leave us feeling like we are in a fox hole about to be ambushed without anything to defend ourselves with.....

Im sorry I am going off on a tangent in this thread.....brainstorming can at times be something I am good at...lol

((hugs)) because you need one too, we all do.........life sucks sometimes

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Ya, now that I think back on my OP I realize that the issue of removing one of my few remaining ways of taking care of my self was the reason for what I said. I am not looking for any handouts and I feel a little tore up every time someone uses a gun for evil. I wake up every day and count my blessings for what I do have

Your suggestions are all good. And you made a genuine friend today.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I know I'm going to catch flak for this, but I'm saying it anyways.

Dear Batman,

Your purpose in life may be to raise the child that marries the woman who inspires the student who births the child that saves the world. You never know about these type of things. I encourage you to walk around and be prepared for whatever situations necessary, but I'm here to tell you that you will never have the opportunity to be this self appointed knight of the people. It's not your purpose. That much I can tell you. If it were, then you would and could lend your skills to an organization designed for such. Batman, your purpose lies elsewhere. I'm sure of it.

With love,

Superman.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Dear Batman,

Your purpose in life may be to raise the child that marries the woman who inspires the student who births the child that saves the world. You never know about these type of things. I encourage you to walk around and be prepared for whatever situations necessary, but I'm here to tell you that you will never have the opportunity to be this self appointed knight of the people. It's not your purpose. That much I can tell you. If it were, then you would and could lend your skills to an organization designed for such. Batman, your purpose lies elsewhere. I'm sure of it.

With love,

Superman.

This would make a great premise for a batman/superman alternate universe comic.

Thanks for the advice and the chuckle.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Dear Batman,

With love,

Superman.

As a matter of fact. That's not true. I once pulled a one legged man out of a burning building. So I guess that makes me a little useful. To that guy anyway.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

At least you have access to the internet and a gun! Well done sir!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
I do this every day without the expectation that I will be recognized. I appreciate it just the same
So you post about it here to be recognized by us?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WoMaNfIsH
reply to post by Mrgone

At least you have access to the internet and a gun! Well done sir!

It's all about budgeting. No one who has applied for a job recently can deny that a phone and internet access is crucial.

And my weapons are for last ditch defense. Nothing nefarious about that.

Had to sell one recently to pay for rent. A black hawk 357 made in 1976. The bicentennial commemorative one. That sucked.

Is all about budgeting.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

I do this every day without the expectation that I will be recognized. I appreciate it just the same

In a way, yes.

Because reasonable gun owners aren't getting any recognition today. Just doing my best to represent responsible living.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

How often do you practice using your gun? How accurate are you with it? It would be bad if you try to help someone but shoot the wrong person because you are rusty.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

In a way, yes.

Because reasonable gun owners aren't getting any recognition today. Just doing my best to represent responsible living.

Do you carry it concealed? If so, do you have a permit?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Some posters are becoming predictable and are so narrow in their thinking that they missed the whole point! They weep, wallow, and cant drive due to this amazing intense grief over the tragic death of the children... yet here is a person they are conversing with and cant muster up enough humanity to say.. hey, whats wrong.. can I help... wanna talk? ONLY A FEW real human beings on this thread. the rest have NO understanding of anything .. though are GREAT at pretending to give a damn when they can get attention for it. Sickening. Bullies. Fakers. Fools. You disgust me.

OP, the offer of help and guidance is there for free from several solid human beings on this thread and many more of us lurking and watching things. You want a job.. to work and provide for yourself. Firstly you need a place to live in order to get that job. How can we help? Plenty of good solid and REAL people in your area. The goal of all of us normal people is to help each other regardless of political affiliation, ideology, beliefs or etc.. when you are flush and self sufficient we ALL benefit. SO tell us, what can we do, if anything?

( FYI, the freaks here obviously have NOT been included for clear reasons, but there have been instances where ATSers have been helped out of bad situations when some of us come together and put our heads together . A hand UP... not a handout.
)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

He is still anonymous. If he walked passed you, would you know him as the person making this statement? Sometimes we need a sounding board.....
And his OP message was made clear to me. There are many of us who are unrecognized.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join