It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you'll never hear about what i did today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Rivetlikewhoa

You give where others can't. I bow to you.

reply to post by MorpheusUSA

Thank you got understanding.

Originally posted by kdog1982
What kind of help are you needing?

I really don't want help. I want a job. :
But I'd settle for some form of contributing that provided food and shelter

Cheers

Thank also to Thinkingcap, afterinfinity and JessepacificNW

Jesse, hard to take that response serious. I pay $20 per day for a studio in a hotel. I literally sell my things to make rent every week. I don't need a place, I need a job. Cheers.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
true hero here...

/irony off

ok, I have a serious question to all the gun loving americans.
Why do you need a gun? With your rules it is way to easy to get guns. Sure your argument "hey if everybody would carry a gun it would be safer"...
how silly is this?
I would say nearly every country where guns are not legal to carry arround (or not legal without a special permit, where you have to absolve some tests) are safer.
I live in Germany and Japan and in both countries you are not allowed to carry a gun and Japan is one of the safest place I have ever been. Germany is pretty safe as well.

I just don't get the point. For example in Germany you are allowed to own a gun, but you have to keep is safe in a special gun safe where not everybody can get in. So let's say your son wants to make a massacre, in America he can just grab your weapon, in Germany this would not be possible. So he has to organize a gun from some illegal gun dealer, the chances are waaay higher that this will be detected.

I personally don't feel safe if I know everybody carries a gun.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
true hero here...

/irony off

ok, I have a serious question to all the gun loving americans.
Why do you need a gun? With your rules it is way to easy to get guns. Sure your argument "hey if everybody would carry a gun it would be safer"...
how silly is this?
I would say nearly every country where guns are not legal to carry arround (or not legal without a special permit, where you have to absolve some tests) are safer.
I live in Germany and Japan and in both countries you are not allowed to carry a gun and Japan is one of the safest place I have ever been. Germany is pretty safe as well.

I just don't get the point. For example in Germany you are allowed to own a gun, but you have to keep is safe in a special gun safe where not everybody can get in. So let's say your son wants to make a massacre, in America he can just grab your weapon, in Germany this would not be possible. So he has to organize a gun from some illegal gun dealer, the chances are waaay higher that this will be detected.

I personally don't feel safe if I know everybody carries a gun.

Hey you know who else favored gun control? Hitler

Irony off

It's a part of our heritage. Something proudly handed down to us by our relatives. Two of my guns belonged to my grandfather. A proud gun carrying man who saw the good in people and sought to defend those who couldn't defend themselves. Why does a that sound so bad?

edit on 16-12-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Jesse, hard to take that response serious. I pay $20 per day for a studio in a hotel. I literally sell my things to make rent every week. I don't need a place, I need a job. Cheers.

Have fun with that. ATS has already done the statistical analysis on the subject, and the conclusions aren't what I'd call encouraging.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
reply to post by Mrgone

I'd love to sit and have a pint with you but your a bit too far for that. Your in Washington, I'm about an hour and a half south of Lake Michigan. Ok, I'll see if I can get you to laugh, ok, I was Screwed From Conception. My momma was a hillbilly, my dad was a Pollock, and when I finally got hair at 2yrs old I was a blonde. See, I never had a chance, But I make the best of it, Oh, and I am a 5' 7, 130 lb female with a take no sh!t attitude. I actually asked one of our officer friendlys if he'd be willing to spar with me(boxing) He told me no, cuz he didn't want to get hurt.

Yep. I laughed. Thanks

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Mrgone

Have fun with that. ATS has already done the statistical analysis on the subject, and the conclusions aren't what I'd call encouraging.

I don't need stats to tell me what's going on today.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I had to ramp up the courage to say this...thank you

If I'm ever in a better place and can afford it, I'll come take you to dinner.

Show that beauty every day. You have strength and I commend you.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Time to head out. One pocket knife, two spikes, a K-bar and a glock 19

Nothing bad will happen today. Nothing bad will happen today. People are generally good. I have faith that my skills are useless. Nothing bad will happen today.

I'll be back to check this thread later.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

What is your superhero name? Are you Batman?

And nothing happened today you say? Im not surprised thats not in the news.

Get a job.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

How long have you been on armed patrol, MrGone?

Sounds to me like you may be losing your mind.

You're definitley fixating on unlikely events to an unhealthy degree-- In all liklihood, you'll never get a chance to use your glock for a legitimate purpose, unless you deliberately seek out violent confrontations by using a police scanner .

Not only that but lots of people concealed carry firearms every day as they go about their daily business. That doesn't make them heroes. Walking around with a gun and an overactive imagination doesn't make you a hero either.

The fact that you're totally estranged from your family is not a good sign, either. You should make an effort to reach out to one of them, just for the sake of maintaining ties.

Quit obsessing over your violent fantasies and try to get some help.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone

Originally posted by spangledbanner
reply to post by Mrgone

Get a job.

Click here for more information.

As I've been walking I had a little chuckle from this.

My superhero name will now be youradick

That way when some evil henchman asks me those awesome words I will be to yank him by the collar and say into his face. "Youradick"

Thanks Texas. A superhero is borne.

edit on 16/12/12 by JAK because: Quote edit.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer
reply to post by Mrgone

How long have you been on armed patrol, MrGone?

Sounds to me like you may be losing your mind.

You're definitley fixating on unlikely events to an unhealthy degree-- In all liklihood, you'll never get a chance to use your glock for a legitimate purpose, unless you deliberately seek out violent confrontations by using a police scanner .

Not only that but lots of people concealed carry firearms every day as they go about their daily business. That doesn't make them heroes. Walking around with a gun and an overactive imagination doesn't make you a hero either.

The fact that you're totally estranged from your family is not a good sign, either. You should make an effort to reach out to one of them, just for the sake of maintaining ties.

Quit obsessing over your violet fantasies and try to get some help.

Good advice. But again, I believe that you've missed the point of my original post

I'm no hero. That's ridiculous. I'm an armed citizen. Guns don't make you a hero.

I will never use my right to defend myself in a bad situation. And I don't hope it will ever happen.

If, and I do mean IF you ever find yourself in the situation where an armed person will make the difference between you seeing your loved ones that night and them missing you, please give that person recognition. They probably won't want it but say thank you just the same.

I'm speaking from experience.

Do I sound crazy?
you betcha.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Sorry to the mods for that comment

I appreciate the work that you all do

Words aren't bad. Their intentions can be

Cheers

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What kind of job are you looking for? When was the last time you had a job? What kind of experience do you have? Have you been to your local health services for $$ or food or home help? Have you thought about joining the army or anything? I was starving and homeless once a long time ago.........so I joined the Army. Actually it was the best thing I could have ever done at the time......when you are hungry and homeless, just knowing I would have 3 squares and roof was all I needed.....of course it also all depends on your age.

Blessings, I hope something works out for you.

edit: read some of your other threads.....sorry you are around my age. Too old for military....Stay strong and hang in there!
edit on 16-12-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

Get a job.

What was even the point of writing that last part? Seems like you're bitter about something, and/or pushing an agenda.

Do you have problems with your reading comprehension skills? I don't mean to be insulting, and I feel it's a perfectly legitimate question, as the OP has said repeatedly in this thread how he's looking for, and wants work.

So why did you feel the need to write that?

Make you feel good to push a homeless man's face down into the fact that he doesn't have a job yet? That seems pretty immature and disrespectful to me.

Get some compassion. (And possibly reading lessons)
edit on 16-12-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
What kind of job are you looking for? When was the last time you had a job? What kind of experience do you have? Have you been to your local health services for $$ or food or home help? Have you thought about joining the army or anything? I was starving and homeless once a long time ago.........so I joined the Army. Actually it was the best thing I could have ever done at the time......when you are hungry and homeless, just knowing I would have 3 squares and roof was all I needed.....of course it also all depends on your age.

Blessings, I hope something works out for you.

Thank you for your blessing

I was a marine. Check my avatar. That's me in 1993. I do attempt to re-enlist recently, none of the branches wanted me. I spent 3 months working with two recruiter. Both of them came back with the same answer. I'm too old.

I have a B.A. in digital animation, I'm not injured, I don't have any reason why a company might fear employing me. No criminal history, drug free. I have applied to jobs such as restaurants, box stores, construction, sales, design, property management, protection, the list goes on. There is a new chevron going in up the street. I'll be applying there too.

My post was about the fact that I am a responsible, boring gun owner who will never make the news because I carry my gun with the clear intention to be responsible. The post about me being homeless and unemployed was to point out that people make assumptions about why these tragedies happen and that 1 million gun owners did the right thing today. They kept their guns holsterd. I am one of them, my situation doesn't change my heart. Most of the freaks who pop and use their gun to terrorize the population are deranged. But we can't see it coming if we aren't looking for it.

These people are nuts. They would have been nuts with or without the gun. The gun isn't the problem, it's or lack of recognising that these people are hurting that is. If someone knew the CT shooter then they probably saw that something was wrong. All of those deaths could have been avoided with a good solid friend. Maybe a sympathetic ear

I know that this is not the true way that things work but I'm an optimist. An optimist who carries a gun. Ha. I guess that makes me a contradictional optimist.

Stars for you

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

reply to post by Mrgone

Get a job.

What was even the point of writing that last part? Seems like you're bitter about something, and/or pushing an agenda.

Do you have problems with your reading comprehension skills? I don't mean to be insulting, and I feel it's a perfectly legitimate question, as the OP has said repeatedly in this thread how he's looking for, and wants work.

So why did you feel the need to write that?

Make you feel good to push a homeless man's face down into the fact that he doesn't have a job yet? That seems pretty immature and disrespectful to me.

Get some compassion. (And possibly reading lessons)
edit on 16-12-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

Thanks for saying that. Your response was more eloquent than mine. As you can see.

I hope that you have a great day

edit on 16-12-2012 by Mrgone because: spells

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm enjoying (rather cynically) how the fact that the OP is relatively homeless has people more interested than the fact that he had a gun out in public yesterday and was ready to defend those who needed it if the situation arose. Even better, a civilian possessed a gun in a crowded area and no one was hurt or even scared.

Insulting someone based on their housing situation is apparently far more important than proving the anti-gun advocates wrong. And after all those gun defense threads, I thought ATS would be paying more attention...guess I was wrong.

edit on 16-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I'm enjoying (rather cynically) how the fact that the OP is relatively homeless has people more interested than the fact that he had a gun out in public yesterday and was ready to defend those who needed it if the situation arose.

Insulting someone based on their housing situation is apparently far more important than proving the anti-gun advocates wrong. And after all those gun defense threads, I thought ATS would be paying more attention...guess I was wrong.

edit on 16-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Thanks AfterInfinity. I appreciate someone else pointing that out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join