It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you'll never hear about what i did today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I too applaud you for protecting the public, its unfortunate that most people believe that cops are here to save everyone. If all of the people who were afraid of and wanted to ban guns carried them, then those who wished to use them against other people would be met with equal force in many cases rather than running sheep. Instead, those wishing to commit heinous actions prey on those who have no chance to stop them, such as children in a school or families in a movie theater. The police cant do it alone.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
He is still anonymous. If he walked passed you, would you know him as the person making this statement? Sometimes we need a sounding board.....
And his OP message was made clear to me. There are many of us who are unrecognized.......
If you do things just to be recognized by someone, anyone, is it for the right reasons?

You have to be very responsible if you're going to be carrying a gun in public for the purpose of protecting others. You have to know how to use it...be well practiced with it so that you don't hurt innocent people. You have to obey laws set in place for the areas in which you are carrying your weapon. If you don't have a concealed carry permit, then you shouldn't be concealing it. Walk with it in the open for everyone to see. Don't break the laws.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Thank you for being "level headed". Thats the important part. Not what you have in your pocket.

Like most people have a spare tire or a couple of road flares in their trunk too. Just in case. Rarely need them either but it is the prudent thing to do.

Problem with guns as protection is that these people that carefully plan their mayhem (so as to be as horrific as possible) plan it so the likelihood of resistance is minimal. You notice he didn't attack a police station. He attacked children, in_ a _school. You and your gun won't be near there the next time it happens either.

The lawmakers will see to that.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Firstly. Thank you.

I am heading to a library to send my resume to someone else here that wants to help.

I've been asked several times what I want. I just wanted to be a voice for the responsible types of people who seemed to be getting kicked in the teeth lately. Because I don't mind the punches today.

What do I need? A place where people support each other and where I can contribute to the well being of my peers.

Do you know of a place like that? I'm starting to believe it may exist somewhere else than where I live

Your comments were greatly appreciated

Stars for you.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

As far as getting a job goes, how old are you? What is your work background? What is your education background? What are you long term goals?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

He is still anonymous. If he walked passed you, would you know him as the person making this statement? Sometimes we need a sounding board.....
And his OP message was made clear to me. There are many of us who are unrecognized.......
If you do things just to be recognized by someone, anyone, is it for the right reasons?

You have to be very responsible if you're going to be carrying a gun in public for the purpose of protecting others. You have to know how to use it...be well practiced with it so that you don't hurt innocent people. You have to obey laws set in place for the areas in which you are carrying your weapon. If you don't have a concealed carry permit, then you shouldn't be concealing it. Walk with it in the open for everyone to see. Don't break the laws.

Well said.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

As far as getting a job goes, how old are you? What is your work background? What is your education background? What are you long term goals?

Thanks for asking

I could send you my resume if

39, ex Marine. BA in digital animation. Award winning salesman in the construction industry. No medical issues. No drugs.
Are you currently employed? Be honest, when was the last ime you looked for a job? I don't mean passively. I mean "crap! If I don't find a job by Friday I'll be sleeping in my car"

It shouldn't have been this hard to find one. It just shouldn't.
edit on 16-12-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

Dude read the whole thread........your asking too many questions that have been answered..

Regarding the OP, the right reason is not for you or I to decipher now is it? Just saying, are you a psychologist or policeman? Cause thats what you sound like...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone

reply to post by Mrgone

Thanks for asking

39, ex Marine. BA in digital animation. Award winning salesman in the construction industry. No medical issues. No drugs.
Are you currently employed? Be honest, when was the last ime you looked for a job? I don't mean passively. I mean "crap! If I don't find a job by Friday I'll be sleeping in my car"

I've been employed for 13 years.

You are an ex-Marine. In Washington, there are several U.S. Army Corps of Engineers hydro-electric plants and other facilities. Being a veteran, you would have a good chance of getting a job at one of those places. Check out www.usajobs.gov...

Another idea would be law enforcement, since you are a veteran.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Dude read the whole thread........your asking too many questions that have been answered..

Why would I have to read the whole thread, which would take up lots of time, when he can answer me within seconds like he did?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Mrgone

Oh the phone your connected with now oh yeah sorry I missed the posted from mobile.abovetopsecret.com footer on your posts.

Or are you just jumping on the whole bandwagon?

silly old people

you can connect your phone to your computer and browse through the computer.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
eh thanks for not shooting anyone today.
plus you are not posting you're comments here from a phone..liar

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe

I'm not? Not from my HTC?

Sitting outside my local library waiting for them to open in 30 minutes? Why would you even say that?

Weird.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe

I'm not? Not from my HTC?

Sitting outside my local library waiting for them to open in 30 minutes? Why would you even say that?

Weird.

because you are full of crap
looking for praise
did you happen to watch batman lately...guy you are no bruce wayne

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

Thanks for asking

I've been employed for 13 years.

You are an ex-Marine. In Washington, there are several U.S. Army Corps of Engineers hydro-electric plants and other facilities. Being a veteran, you would have a good chance of getting a job at one of those places. Check out www.usajobs.gov...

Another idea would be law enforcement, since you are a veteran.

The hydro thing. Thanks for the suggestion. My point about you being employed was that things have changed slightly in the past 13 years.

I have a challenge for you. spend the next week applying for every job you find. Every free moment that you have, search and apply for jobs. Come to me next week with all the employees that responded. Prove to me that you dod and how easy it would be for me to get a job.

Does anyone here remember that the point of this thread was responsible gun ownership?

My friend Is a state trooper. I thought about doing that and asked him. This conversation ended with him admitting that my credit score would be taken into consideration. I would be passed up for that reason.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

The batman thing again.

No lies here, buddy. Not even sure what your point is.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Firstly. Thank you.

I am heading to a library to send my resume to someone else here that wants to help.

I've been asked several times what I want. I just wanted to be a voice for the responsible types of people who seemed to be getting kicked in the teeth lately. Because I don't mind the punches today.

What do I need? A place where people support each other and where I can contribute to the well being of my peers.

Do you know of a place like that? I'm starting to believe it may exist somewhere else than where I live

Your comments were greatly appreciated

Stars for you.

A place like that? heck no.
Its mainly just in the hearts and minds of folks from all over who happen to find each other online or within communities. Certainly no whole community Ive ever lived in or been aware of...and Im not only older, Ive lived in many states and countries! Just a state of mind I guess. So, if youre of this mind, it exists wherever YOU are... and like minds will find each other.
Ill tell you of a "possible" place.. at the end of the wall o text here. LOL!

Good deal on sharing the resume. Also, submit it to Monster and Linkden.. among other online resume spots that headhunters cruise since youre degreed. These days, your immediate concern is shelter and staying tied in to the net.. mainly because things are all online resume and application submissions. Not like when we used to walk in , fill out a physical application, and say GIMME THE JOB! Networking like youre starting now is a shrewd move.

In my area our mayor shut down the homeless shelter and the homeless have nowhere to go. Then legalized panhandling... as if that will cure the issue! In my county one guy has now estimated the unemployment rate at just under 18% ( not including those who have had their benefits run out on unemployment) and families are in the park or split up and sheltering with various family or outside of the area shelters. Its a mess. Thank God its been reasonably warm this yr.. as its different from other yrs.. we dont have enough to go around now. Our pantries are bare and you have to be on some aid ( present a medicaid card and proof of LACK of income.. wtf) to get any food at them.. and we simply dont have enough personal resources/coats/blankets/spare rooms/food to help everyone out. One day the know it alls here will find that the average homeless person isnt a frothing at the mouth criminal or lunatic that we should avoid and deride.. its an average ex- lower/middle class person who has experienced a personal financial armageddon... and this is EXACTLY what we who walk the walk and not just babble like an idiot on a message board are finding to be true. Men and women with skills.. and degrees.. living in parks and foreclosed on homes. The TRUTH is shocking when you finally confront it and see it. People with children. Some would ridicule and deride.. the rest of us just want to help you do your part in society to your ability. It not only benefits you but all of us.

My last day with the prosecutors office is on Tues of next week.. finally got someone trained... and Im free to meddle and piss folks off in town at my leisure. There is an abandoned YMCA a local homeless advocate is trying to get set up as a real FUNCTIONING homeless shelter.. as in job assistance and living skills.. heavy on self sufficiency.. etc. Thats what the husband and I are going to be doing starting our involvements in the first of the yr. Should be quite the mess since our wonderful city and county leaders are seriously deranged.... but it beats beating folks up on message boards for jollies, eh?

This may be the ONLY place I personally know of thats making a real effort. Im sure there are more, but this is what Ive seen with my own eyes. Im NOT a Xtian.. yet I know good work when I see it.
He even has a total energy efficient workshop and concept land in mid Mo.. engineers and HOMELESS engineers, science backgrounds, etc... making a difference.
His vision sans the xtian stuff.. recognizes the contributions the homeless most reject can give to themselves, each other, and our society in general. Most real human beings can maneuver with folks of other ideologies/religions/political views to contribute something that is for the better of us ALL. Down on your luck doesnt mean useless to a functioning society

sustainablog.blogspot.com...
www.newlifeevangelisticcenter.org...
Look into it.. even resources and REAL help for homeless Vets.. which we have an overabundance of in the St Louis area on both sides of the river.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Thank you. I will check it out

Good luck to you and your man. If I was near you I'd pitch in.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

I star and flag you Brother!
It is only a shame that such a true thread gets thrown into the skunkworks bin.
Thanks again whichever mod...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

How often do you practice using your gun? How accurate are you with it? It would be bad if you try to help someone but shoot the wrong person because you are rusty.

Woah Dude, shooting a gun is like riding a bike, You never forget. And to have Excellent gun control, Is using two hands, and hitting your target. Have you ever shot a firearm??? I don't think you have.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join