It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you'll never hear about what i did today

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012

Originally posted by thepolish1
reply to post by Mrgone

I'd love to sit and have a pint with you but your a bit too far for that. Your in Washington, I'm about an hour and a half south of Lake Michigan. Ok, I'll see if I can get you to laugh, ok, I was Screwed From Conception. My momma was a hillbilly, my dad was a Pollock, and when I finally got hair at 2yrs old I was a blonde. See, I never had a chance, But I make the best of it, Oh, and I am a 5' 7, 130 lb female with a take no sh!t attitude. I actually asked one of our officer friendlys if he'd be willing to spar with me(boxing) He told me no, cuz he didn't want to get hurt.

Ill spar with ya, take downs allowed

edit on 16-12-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

Deal. But the rules aren't MMA. I train for real world situations.

No weapons, no rules. Let's go Roman. No clothes. That way no weapons is a guarantee

Let's make it interesting...let's figure out how to sell tickets and donate the proceeds to charity.

I've got 20 years fighting experience. What you got?

. All in Good fun

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone

reply to post by Mrgone

I'd love to sit and have a pint with you but your a bit too far for that. Your in Washington, I'm about an hour and a half south of Lake Michigan. Ok, I'll see if I can get you to laugh, ok, I was Screwed From Conception. My momma was a hillbilly, my dad was a Pollock, and when I finally got hair at 2yrs old I was a blonde. See, I never had a chance, But I make the best of it, Oh, and I am a 5' 7, 130 lb female with a take no sh!t attitude. I actually asked one of our officer friendlys if he'd be willing to spar with me(boxing) He told me no, cuz he didn't want to get hurt.

No weapons, no rules. Let's go Roman. No clothes. That way no weapons is a guarantee

Let's make it interesting...let's figure out how to sell tickets and donate the proceeds to charity.

. All in Good fun

I was actually posting that to the female poster jokingly.

I own 3 guns but they stay home. Ive hung around some rough neighborhoods but never have needed one thankfully. Maybe im lucky. But i dont think carrying around a firearm makes you a man , i have no problem with those who do legally but its nothing to brag about.

Not on the anti gunner's side at all, just tired of all the pro gunners arrogance acting like they are a superheros cause they pack. :/

If you own a gun don't brag about it, dont say stuff like i wish i were there id go robo cop and kill a army of bad guys.

Just keep ya trap shut till you need to defend yourself or others. The Rambo gloating and complex isnt needed.

In others words i detest the wannabe John Waynes as much as the Anti Gun nuts...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

. All in Good fun

I was actually posting that to the female poster jokingly. I guarantee im stronger and in better shape than you batman LOL. Ive been in some rough spots but luckily never needed a gun, my fists and fitness got me out of them.

I own 3 guns but they stay home. Ive hung around some rough neighborhoods but never have needed one thankfully. Maybe im lucky. But i dont think carrying around a firearm makes you a man , i have no problem with those who do legally but its nothing to brag about.

Not on the anti gunner's side at all, just tired of all the pro gunners arrogance acting like they are a superheros cause they pack. :/

If you own a gun don't brag about it, dont say stuff like i wish i were there id go robo cop and kill a army of bad guys.

Just keep ya trap shut till you need to defend yourself or others. The Rambo gloating and complex isnt needed.

In others words i detest the wannabe John Waynes as much as the Anti gunner nuts

Well said, my friend. Well said

We all keep it light when we can.

But seriously, you'd rather fight a chick? Hmmm

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

. All in Good fun

I was actually posting that to the female poster jokingly. I guarantee im stronger and in better shape than you batman LOL. Ive been in some rough spots but luckily never needed a gun, my fists and fitness got me out of them.

In others words i detest the wannabe John Waynes as much as the Anti gunner nuts

She said she challenged a man and he backed down i was just saying id spar with her.

I have zero issues with guns and I believe in the 2nd amendment. But after every major shooting people on ATS and my Facebook page all turn into Rambos!

From my cold dead hands, wish i were there id have taken him out in a second, I own a Ar-15, .38, 9mm .45 .40 sawed off, 30-06. 270. 300 mag yadda yadda, I go to the firing range 7 days a week!!! I have 20,000 rounds, dont come calling to me for help if you're unarmed etc etc etc

I just get as tired of hearing all the John Waynes, Rambo, Commandos coming out of the woodwork's claiming what they have and what they could have done.

Its just as bad as the anti gun people spouting crap.

Not saying your doing that but its just irritating imo.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by aLLeKs
true hero here...

/irony off

ok, I have a serious question to all the gun loving americans.
Why do you need a gun? With your rules it is way to easy to get guns. Sure your argument "hey if everybody would carry a gun it would be safer"...
how silly is this?
I would say nearly every country where guns are not legal to carry arround (or not legal without a special permit, where you have to absolve some tests) are safer.
I live in Germany and Japan and in both countries you are not allowed to carry a gun and Japan is one of the safest place I have ever been. Germany is pretty safe as well.

I just don't get the point. For example in Germany you are allowed to own a gun, but you have to keep is safe in a special gun safe where not everybody can get in. So let's say your son wants to make a massacre, in America he can just grab your weapon, in Germany this would not be possible. So he has to organize a gun from some illegal gun dealer, the chances are waaay higher that this will be detected.

I personally don't feel safe if I know everybody carries a gun.

You have no idea...............

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

. All in Good fun

She said she challenged a man and he backed down i was just saying id spar with her.

I have zero issues with guns and I believe in the 2nd amendment. But after every major shooting people on ATS and my Facebook page all turn into Rambos!

From my cold dead hands, wish i were there id have taken him out in a second, I own a Ar-15, .38, 9mm .45 .40 sawed off, 30-06. 270. 300 mag yadda yadda, I go to the firing range 7 days a week!!! I have 20,000 rounds, dont come calling to me for help if your unarmed etc etc etc

I just get as tired of hearing all the John Waynes, Rambo, Commandos coming out of the woodwork's claiming what they have and what they could have done.

Its just as bad as the anti gun people spouting crap.

Not saying your doing that but its just irritating imo.

Me too. I'd like to hear the story about how some random citizen stepped up to defend people who couldn't defend themselve
Can you remember a story, any story that had to do with a person who made it their responsibility to defend those who needed a hand?

I wish that I could contribute to my local community in a positive way. I truely wish that I could feed the hungry, house the homeless.

I don't have these resources. Guess what I do have. A gun.

If this is the only way for me to positively contribute then so be it. I'll walk the streets of my neighborhood ready to make sure that no one gets hurt. I'm grateful every time that I'm useless

Cheers to you for caring

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I've committed myself to answering all of the serious comments in this thread

An OP is like a pet. It's a responsibility

I'm willing to let this one go but I'm curious, is that all you had to say?

edit on 16-12-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Mrgone

. All in Good fun

You had me at no clothes...

Kidding aside sir - I hope you find your path. Just seems that today wasn't the time.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty

reply to post by Mrgone

. All in Good fun

Kidding aside sir - I hope you find your path. Just seems that today wasn't the time.

Hey Now......I was the one that wanted to spar!! I have about 35 yrs under my belt!! And I'd take u up on that, But I would not want to embarass you by being put down by a girl!!!!LOL Ok went back and read the last page, No clothes, That would not be a fair fight.
Ok, mr.gone, I'll try to get you to smile, I won't be stupid this time, I had the nick name Peggy for a while, Because of the show Married with Childern. I like being a red head, My voice isn't as annoying tho. LOL
I see you haven't got to use your talents today. It's a good day. Ok, if we are gonna sell tickets, Who is promoting me??? I'll be in, but gotta at least have a bikini.
edit on 16-12-2012 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
Have you ever used that gun in defense of your self or anyone else? If you have'nt then I would suggest you sell it and find a place to live. Taking anothers life, even in protecting your own life is not a day in the park. It is a tremendous amount of guilt and second guessing involved. You have to live with it and deal with it on the daily. It will change your outlook on life and death.

I carry a firearm. I carry "open" in a holster for all to see. Up until about 4 years ago I concealed carry. That was prior to an attempted home invasion at my home which resulted in the death of the man that tried to invade my home. I used my weapon in defense of my life and the life of my family. I would do it all again, if I had too.I don't ever want to have to go thru that again, but I will. Sell your weapon, pawn your computer,get you a safe place to stay. Worry about you, that's really all you can do.

Thank you for telling us that.

Not once, not in any of my posts will you find me wishing for this to happen. You were a victim...then you were a survivor. I commend you for that
What makes your situation different than anyone's? That answer is that you were armed and had the will to follow through

I'll never sell them all but I have had to sell some of them. I've been called many things today, crazy among them.

I've never be called a victim. I never will.

Probst

edit on 16-12-2012 by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

Mr.Gone, You have been called crazy, If you are crazy for what you are doing,I really don't want to be sane, And I'm not.check your messages.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

My fatger makes people smile for a living. I've always respected that

Glad that I could give you one

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty

reply to post by Mrgone

. All in Good fun

Hey Now......I was the one that wanted to spar!! I have about 35 yrs under my belt!! And I'd take u up on that, But I would not want to embarass you by being put down by a girl!!!!LOL Ok went back and read the last page, No clothes, That would not be a fair fight.
Ok, mr.gone, I'll try to get you to smile, I won't be stupid this time, I had the nick name Peggy for a while, Because of the show Married with Childern. I like being a red head, My voice isn't as annoying tho. LOL
I see you haven't got to use your talents today. It's a good day. Ok, if we are gonna sell tickets, Who is promoting me??? I'll be in, but gotta at least have a bikini.

Yep I smiled

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

I got a smile to thank you.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Job well done!!!
Better to be prepared and ready than be a victim!!! We should all be prepared!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinist47
Job well done!!!
Better to be prepared and ready than be a victim!!! We should all be prepared!!!

Agreed

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I went back and read a few pages I missed, I had to slap my mouth to stop from laughing too loud. "youradick" That was a good one, I had tears rolling out of my eyes. and sorry about the military Question, didn't see the other pages.
Remember:

Gun Control- Use both hands and hit your target.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Can you please invest in a Batman suit. Gotham is every city in the world, we need more like you. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I went back and read a few pages I missed, I had to slap my mouth to stop from laughing too loud. "youradick" That was a good one, I had tears rolling out of my eyes. and sorry about the military Question, didn't see the other pages.
Remember:

Gun Control- Use both hands and hit your target.

Thank you.

I think it would be a good graphic novel premise. Like kick @$$

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius2150
Can you please invest in a Batman suit. Gotham is every city in the world, we need more like you. Thank you.

No Kevlar dipped tri-weave body armor in my budget. But thanks for understanding.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Congrats on not losing it today brother. I know that seeing different things that are not right can set of waves of anger even when it is not your situation to get involved in.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join