It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Way of Life Threatened by Those Who Want To Force Other People How to Live.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Actually..... for the period of 2009 in the UK there were 18 gun homicides ....for the same period there were 9,146 in the US.....considering that the US has 5 times more people than the UK then you do the maths on comparing the gun homicide rates between the two countries!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I visited the UK. You can't take a whiz without The Big Eye on your bum. They charge you to use the johnny by the way. Try to find a rubbish bin on the streets. They're so worried about bombs they've disappeared all the garbage cans.

Big Brother is on every street corner. You can't walk a block without seeing a bobbie.

The US is heading down that paranoid path. I've been watching it for years. Cameras everywhere, law enforcement sniffing around your jewels at the airport, feeling up Grandma in her Depends.

Dictators and their like take one thing at a time, so it doesn't hurt so much. Do you really want to live in the USSR? Nazi Germany? Do you really want to give up the internet, the ability to move around the country freely?

The Fourth Amendment is toast. They're eroding the First, the Second is on life support. Sigh, Patriot Act, Patriot Act, Patriot Act, Patriot Act, Patriot Act. The last two are fluff now. The Third is irrelevant, so far.

The red lights are flashing and the barriers are coming down. The behemoth is bearing down on us and we are in the middle of the track transfixed by the glare.

A bunch of idiot in planes, so the story goes, brought us to our knees. Hysteria is delivering the coup de grâce.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

I visited the UK. You can't take a whiz without The Big Eye on your bum. They charge you to use the johnny by the way. Try to find a rubbish bin on the streets. They're so worried about bombs they've disappeared all the garbage cans.

When was this and where? I can vouch for any major town and city in the north that we've got rubbish bins every few hundred metres. The only places that charge for using toilets are train stations; those in shops, restaurants, malls etc are free.

Big Brother is on every street corner. You can't walk a block without seeing a bobbie.

Cameras are everywhere - true. Mostly they are crappy quality and staffed by folk on low wages. The footage isn't stored unless an alert is received. You can actually walk for miles and days without seeing a copper on the street. More chance of seeing someone famous walk past

It's all about perception isn't it?

My perception of the US is that people don't feel safe. That the DHS have restricted the sense of freedom felt by its citizens. I read about shootings and the largest prison population in the world. How prison rape is seen as part of the punishment and how executing the innocent is 'friendly fire' in a justice system aimed at eye-for-an-eye vengeance. I read about kids getting fined thousands for downloading and people having their prospects ruined by having a conviction against their records. I see the articles about extraordinary rendition and people being incarcerated without trial or justice.

Of course, this *perception* is just that and reality isn't always as bad as it may appear.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt

Oh my gosh I don't even know where to start with this post! The only place I have ever been charged to use the loo is in main train station .
Try to find a rubbish bin on the streets?? are you having a laugh?? They are absolutely everywhere! If anything there are too bloody many!
and as for not being able to walk a block without seeing a copper......errrmmm that hasn't been the case certainly in my generation.There is a LACK of police presence here on the streets. We have actually been campaigning in the UK for MORE police on the streets for a long time.

Your statements are not a representative picture of the UK by any stretch of the imagination....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
Actually..... for the period of 2009 in the UK there were 18 gun homicides ....for the same period there were 9,146 in the US.....considering that the US has 5 times more people than the UK then you do the maths on comparing the gun homicide rates between the two countries!

Yet the point is that VIOLENCE and CRIMES with GUNS have INCREASED in the UK after the BAN on GUNS...

Not to mention that the mayority of the states/cities in the U.S. that have GUN crimes happen to be very leftwing, and with heavy restrictions, or even bans on firearms, yet in those cities/states is where most of the murders are committed...

Do you not understand what this means?...
edit on 16-12-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Of course it's none of my business and I wouldn't have posted at all if not for the BS Daily Mail article stirring fear and nonsense about a UK that I still love.

That's your opinion, many other British people disagree with you as the video I posted shows.

As for the newspaper... I posted a second source, and even what pacifists like Gandhi, and the Dalai Lama have to say about guns, they were both in favor of people being armed, and having a government take away, or restrict firearms is "the blackest deed ever committed by the British in India." The Chinese did the same in Tibet, Hitler did the same according to his twisted view on"the lesser races". The U.S. government did the same to the native Americans, etc, etc.

Dictators, and dictators wannabes have been the ones to restrict, and even ban people from owning firearms.

Firearms can be used for many things, but the founding fathers knew that disarmed citizens become nothing but SLAVES, just like the British did to the colonists. They included the second amendment as a God given right because they knew that governments could become dictatorships.

I am not advocating violence against the government, but the people need to be armed. At least those who want to be.

It is not the right of ANYONE to FORCE others to give up their natural, God given rights.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

There are many people who just want to continue using such tragedies as another excuse to end a way of life, and it is a way of life whether you agree with it or not.

Slavery was a way of life. Treating women as second class citizens was a way of life. Systematic racism was a way of life.

Just because something is a "way of life", doesn't make it good or right. The same goes for the gun crowd. You are right, it is a way of life, but it is a way of life based on fear, paranoia, and for the most part low intelligence. Yes, that is a generalization, but the stereotype exist because it is true for the most part. If you see someone going on and on about guns, there is a good chance they are low educated, low income, and have created a world in their mind where everyone is out to get them and they must have their gun to save the world.

Gun control and regulation is coming, thank god. There is nothing you or anyone else can do about it. The ball has started rolling, too many gun nuts are snapping and committing mass murder. It's just a shame that it took 20 little kids lives for more people to wake up and start to speak out.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
You are right, it is a way of life, but it is a way of life based on fear, paranoia, and for the most part low intelligence. Yes, that is a generalization, but the stereotype exist because it is true for the most part. If you see someone going on and on about guns, there is a good chance they are low educated, low income, and have created a world in their mind where everyone is out to get them and they must have their gun to save the world.

Gun control and regulation is coming, thank god. There is nothing you or anyone else can do about it. The ball has started rolling, too many gun nuts are snapping and committing mass murder. It's just a shame that it took 20 little kids lives for more people to wake up and start to speak out.

You are so wrong is not even funny... Nice try in using insults, and claiming anyone who own guns have "low intelligence"... The ones who have the IQ of a chimpanzee are those people who are afraid, like you, about firearms... Don't get your panties in a bunch. You probaly scream, and run in fear at just the mention of the word gun.

People like YOU are the ones living in fear, thinking you can control CRIMINALS and CRAZIES with LAWS...

You have to be stupid to actually think LAWS will stop CRIMINALS and CRAZIES from getting firearms, or from murdering people...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Yet the point is that VIOLENCE and CRIMES with GUNS have INCREASED in the UK after the BAN on GUNS...

Not to mention that the mayority of the states/cities in the U.S. that have GUN crimes happen to be very leftwing, and with heavy restrictions, or even bans on firearms, yet in those cities/states is where most of the murders are committed...

Do you not understand what this means?...

I think it's you who are missing the point.....despite all your arguments it is the US who is having to have discussions like whether teachers should be allowed to be armed with guns to be able to protect their children in class.....
Not the UK
That is as far from MY reality than i can even get my head around!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Many countries in Europe are much more violent than the U.S., and they are those with the most stringent gun laws. It seems hardly a coincidence that in America, the highest crime rates are in places with strict gun control policies, such as Chicago and Washington, D.C. However, in areas with high rates of gun ownership, violent crime rates are lower.

The authors noted, that in the U.S. during the 25-year period from 1973 to 1997, the overall gun ownership increased 103 percent and handgun ownership went up 163 percent, yet during that period, the murder rate dropped 27.7 percent.

It is estimated there are more than 3.5 million Americans with license to carry concealed handguns in 40 states and the adoption of state laws allowing these citizens to carry guns has not resulted in more murder or violent crime in these states. Rather, adoption of these statutes has been followed by very significant reductions in murder and violence in these states.

Kates and Mauser wrote, “The determinants of murder and suicide are basic social, economic, and cultural factors, not the prevalence of some form of deadly mechanism. In this connection, recall that the American jurisdictions which have the highest violent crime rates are precisely those with the most stringent gun controls.”

Jerry Love

Knoxville

www.knoxnews.com...

I lived in Wyoming for 5 years, and over there people can open carry, even in front of the police and nobody runs in fear. Nobody looks at you in fear, or call the police when they see someone open carrying... In fact in Wyoming there is a very low crime rate, and there are no "O.K. Corral shootouts"...

FACTS suck for those who want to ban firearms, and have no evidence whatsoever that restricting, or even banning firearms makes anyone safe. In fact the contrary is the case.

Chicago is the city in the U.S. with most gun crimes, yet guns are banned there, and there are heavy restrictions on other firearms, yet CRIMINALS and CRAZIES get their hands on weapons because they get them from the BLACK MARKET, which no LAW will ever stop...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Not the UK
That is as far from MY reality than i can even get my head around!

Good for you but you are not the UK...
Millions of British people disagree with you, and know that your government has become more and more of a dictatorship, and in great part it happened because you gave away your natural right to own and bear arms.

The United States should NEVER try to emulate the UK... the country that the founding fathers, native Americans, and settlers fought against because of your BIG BROTHER views, your exuberant taxes, and your tendencies of wannabe dictators which exists to this day.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

You are so wrong is not even funny... Nice try in using insults, and claiming anyone who owns guns has "low intelligence"... The ones who have the IQ of a chimpanzee are those people who are afraid, like you, about firearms... Don't get your panties in a bunch. You probaly scream, and run in fear at just the mention of the word gun.

Maybe you should re-read the post. No where did I claim "anyone" who owns guns has low intelligence. I clearly stated that in general that is the case, and it is. Your emotional response just shows that you have not logical response to what I wrote, truth usually makes people angry and illogical, so I understand.

People like YOU are the ones living in fear, thinking you can control CRIMINALS and CRAZIES with LAWS...

You have to be stupid to actually think LAWS will stop CRIMINALS and CRAZIES from getting firearms, or from murdering people...

I have no fear, just sadness. It makes me sad knowing that there are so many paranoid people in this country that they think the only thing that will save them is their gun. It disturbs me the amount of love some people have for an inanimate object and how attached they are to their pieces of metal. But I have no fear.

You clearly don't understand the objective of gun control and regulation. It is not to stop criminals or crazies, it is to reduce the number of guns floating around in our society, it is to strictly regulate the ownership of guns and apply harsh penalties for being careless of them. It's to account for the guns that are in circulation and make sure the people that own them are currently certified and mentally stable enough to have them. It's to flag someone who all of a sudden is buying up ammo and guns.

Gun control is coming, this was the last straw. The way of the gun in America is over.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Maybe you should re-read the post. No where did I claim "anyone" who owns guns has low intelligence. I clearly stated that in general that is the case, and it is. Your emotional response just shows that you have not logical response to what I wrote, truth usually makes people angry and illogical, so I understand.

LOL Talk about a low IQ... You are going to claim that you didn't state that people who own firearms have low intelligence, when it is there for EVERYONE to see?...

BTW, just because you CLAIM my responses are illogical, doesn't make them so, but stupidity works that way, it makes people, like you think you are right when in fact you are wrong...

I have no fear, just sadness. It makes me sad knowing that there are so many paranoid people in this country that they think the only thing that will save them is their gun. It disturbs me the amount of love some people have for an inanimate object and how attached they are to their pieces of metal. But I have no fear.

Again, nothing more than false claims. You want to ban firearms, and that right there tells us you are living in fear... i am pretty sure IF firearms were ever banned everywhere your paranoia would change to make you afraid of something else, maybe even pens and pencils because they can be used to kill people.

You think the atrocity at the Connecticut elementary school did not affect me?... You have no idea of what I feel.

People like you are so desperate in trying to control others, and living in so much fear every day that you will die in fear.

Gun control is coming, this was the last straw. The way of the gun in America is over.

The day that happens is the day a new Civil War will occur. Good luck in trying to stop people from owning firearms with your fear and paranoia...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
OP have you ever been to the UK? Do you even own a passport?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

No one is trying to stop people from owning guns.

Take a deep breath and stop your rage.

Gun CONTROL and REGULATION. Not BANNING guns.

It's coming, and you can't stop it, because your fellow gun lovers have decided to kill people in mass and now including children.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Take a deep breath and stop your rage.

Gun CONTROL and REGULATION. Not BANNING guns.

It's coming, and you can't stop it, because your fellow gun lovers have decided to kill people in mass and now including children.

You don't understand it's those Muslamic freedom hating left-wing commies they want to take Murkan freedoms! Think of the children!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice
OP have you ever been to the UK? Do you even own a passport?

I was born in a communist country, a country where people where banned from owning firearms, and all sorts of tight controls existed, and still exist to this day because of leftwingers living in fear and wanting to control everyone and everything...

I lived almost 10 years in Spain, and Portugal, not to mention that I speak, write, and read perfectly in three languages, and have proficiency in 2 other languages.

Apart from that I have lived in several states in the U.S. As for passports, I have two since in Cuba I am considered a Cuban, and not an American citizen.

As for an education, I was educated in Cuba, Spain, and the U.S., and have degrees in computer and electronics engineering, not to mention that my academic minor was psychology. I even have a military education in Aircrew A/W.

Yes, I do own firearms, I have hunted with them, and was trained with weapons as a Marine, and U.S. sailor.

Like me, there are millios of Americans who will not surrender to the fearmongering from the left, so again good luck in trying to control people with your fear and paranoia.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
president obama elected...buy more guns
stimulus bill passed...buy more guns
passage of government controlled healthcare law....buy more guns
teaparty mass election in 2010...buy more guns
debt ceiling downgrade in 2011...buy more guns
7 mass killings in 2012...buy more guns
obama re-elected...buy more guns
2012 end-of-world...buy more guns
AMERICA, land of peace and freedom, and a beacon of hope for the rest of the world!.....(sigh)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Again, good luck with that, a civil war was fought under similar circumstances in the past as certain people wanted to control the colonists.

There is an old saying, "history repeats itself", and unfortunately because of the ignorance of people like you dictatorships have existed, and wars were fought to protect people's natural and God given rights from ignorant and all knowing dictator wannabes like yourself.

Your stupidity has no limit, you even imply that those of us who want to protect our second amendment "have mass murdered children..."

Once again your ignorance and fear in not being able to control other people have shown what class of person you are...

You are the class of person that would have sided with HItler, Mao, castro, and other leftwingers in implementing dictatorships, and because of your fear and paranoia you have a need in wanting to control everything and everyone...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

In case you didn't know it is because of GUNS and the willingness, and courage of the colonists that you have a certain amount of freedom to this day, althou leftwingers have been working hard at destroying freedom in this country...

Keep on hating guns, meanwhile CRIMINALS and CRAZIES will use anything to commit their crimes even if guns didn't exist...

This claim that "it is easier to kill with guns" is nothing but an illusion from the leftwinger dictator wannabes. There have been cases in which crazy people, and criminals have locked down buildings full of people and set those buildings on fire with the people still trapped inside... Are you going to ban fire as well?... Maybe you should ban oxygen as well since it feeds fires which can, and do kill people...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join