It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is This On The ISS ?!?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Probably one of their experimental space mice, like the spider they brought back. Made it to live in space and let it crawl outside when it wants.

Really it does look like a mouse!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
That there, that right there, is.... a glint of light off of one of the supports. Its nothing more than that. Theres no reason to assume that what appears to be nothing more than light moving across a strut, is actually some sort of photon based insect.

Honestly!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Why such lousy images, the ISS now has HD video cameras? Is there anywhere that the videos are available to view the original footage?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I looks like light to me. It would be moving as the ISS moves with respect to the sun. This would be my first call, but on the other hand, I do not know why a light beam would follow the rod thing so precisely.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaryN
Why such lousy images, the ISS now has HD video cameras? Is there anywhere that the videos are available to view the original footage?

I was wondering the same thing..

where is the original footage?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ok i hate to say it, but we need Rico's Roughnecks stat!

A space bug, worm or slug seems like an extreme concept considering the lack of oxygen and the frigid qualitiies of its environment.

Unless of course some chemical process at or near the skin level allowed the insects to absorb the necessary nutrients for its survival from the ice that builds up on its skin and what it can harvest from meteors, space debris and apparently the ISS.

Either way, so what? You wanna live forever?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Yup, light reflection seems unlikely IMO, like you said seems like it would reflect on other parts of the craft too...

if it is light why are none of the other light and shadow areas changing shape? if it is light why at .29 in the video does it have a shadow of it's own?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Maybe they are finally testing Robonaut outside the station where it is suppose to take over eventually for mundane spacewalks.

source: www.nasa.gov...
edit on 15-12-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Maybe it is ice clinging to that support?

Maybe it is melting slightly from the warmth of the station and able to slowly slide down the arm?

It is odd, whatever it might be.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I can't decide if that is a cockroach or a slug. Both can live almost everywhere.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am convinced Robo-naut's head was designed specifically to # with UFO nuts.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Someone's winding us all up here. The quality of that video is so poor it can only be deliberate. Or maybe an astronaut lost the key to his room and took the long way round. Lol!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Now I know where my cat her toy-mouse went...

If is't not her toy-mouse.. than I really don't know what it is. Does anyone know the speed of this clip? Otherwise I think the option of light reflection (like stated earlier by previous posters)) is the best option...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Oh Wow, can't believe I am even gonna mention this but go back and reveiw the tape from around 40 seconds on. Look towards the bottom left corner of screen.

Uh, weird shapeshifting grey-alien face??
Looks like Signals

Anyone else see it or is my pareidolia creeping up on me again?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Taking a second look, I don't think I have ever seen a reflection undulate like that. Wouldn't a reflection on a rod/cylinder move smoothly across the surface, perhaps shifting somewhat, but not 'inchworming'?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
albino....
tribble.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
That there, that right there, is.... a glint of light off of one of the supports. Its nothing more than that. Theres no reason to assume that what appears to be nothing more than light moving across a strut, is actually some sort of photon based insect.

Honestly!

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

This forum needs to use Occum's Razor a bit more. Got to love those blind believers that caim to be open minded but see only aliens every time. That's more closeminded than a skeptic. Ooh the irony.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Oh don't get your panties in a bunch love. It was a bit satirical. Jees.

I still do not think this anomaly is cause by reflection of light due to the way it moves.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Since its Crawling , I go for Space Worm . Light reflection do not crawl

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Man why is it, all the " Weird " anomalies are always in such low resolution.

Here's what I'm going to do.

What part of the ISS, do you think this is on? The easiest assumption I can make is this is one of the support arms for the solar array. AHHHHHHHHH wait a minute, look at all that sunlight reflecting off of the solar panels.

I understand this looks strange, but at the right angle from the right reflective surface I don't see anything out of this world there. If the side we are viewing is outside of the sunlight,(in the shadow of the station.) it's very possible this is a reflection off of one of the sides of the Solar panels, or simply a gap in the structure allowing sunlight to shine on that one spot.

I did notice there is a port hole(bubble shaped glass object) near the " Crawler" It also looks like a portion of this bubble is illuminated, could it be possible light is reflecting off of that port hole onto the support arm?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join