It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is This On The ISS ?!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It most certainly is not a light reflection imo, that seems pretty obvious to me upon watching the video several times. There must be another explanation. I don't really think it's some sort of "space bug" but I highly doubt it's a light reflection. Perhaps a stray piece of white cloth or something, I don't know. I think people are just latching onto the light reflection theory because they can't think of anything else and that's the easiest way to explain it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Finally some action in SPACE!.......

Like to see you people cover that up...

It's a SPACE WORM [TREMOR]..........

S&F

Nice find.

You so cannot debunk the shadow of the Space Worms movement...And explain why it looks like a tongue is searching for food every-once in awhile?
edit on 16-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LEL01
reply to post by Signals

That does look like something crawling along there, I can see a shadow from it so I'm not thinking it's a light.
I'm looking forward to seeing what it is, somebody will have an answer.

I noticed the shadow also, so it isn`t light reflecting unless light reflections in space cast shadows.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
It sure looks like an astronaut to me. It just appears that it's something crawling across the beam close to the cam.
Just an astronaut spacewalking in the distance. You can clearly tell what it is.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
DANG! I told my brother not to visit the ISS,that he would get in trouble!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Space roaches!!! They aren't cleaning up after they eat up there...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATScory
Light reflection :/

Probably the sun

Not seeing it how you are. The top of the 'moving form' is raised above the piece of metal it is 'crawling' on, and it has a shadow on its underside.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well I would exclude a light reflection...that thing "walks" like a snake or better, like a worm. The thing changes shape (from a kind of two-balls shape to an almond one) and light reflections can't do that...

It really looks like a living creature. Is it maybe one of those white orbs often seen and filmed here on Earth taking a day-off in space?

Very intriguing OP, S+F

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Originally posted by GaryN
Why such lousy images, the ISS now has HD video cameras? Is there anywhere that the videos are available to view the original footage?

I was wondering the same thing..

where is the original footage?

Exactly,

Original first, slow mo next.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It would have to be pretty big whatever it is. To me it moves like a frog without the hopping.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Move on nothing to see here, just swamp gas.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Looks like a super-sized water bear.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It's just light hitting a beam..

Are we getting to the stage now that we question everything that moves, everything we see and think conspiracies and aliens are everywhere?

Come back to planet Earth!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a few years ago I saw a special on H2 where an astronaut told about there really being life out there in space. He spoke of snake like creatures and said that one of the people up there was almost bit by it, so seeing something like this just sort of proves there may be giant worms, snakes or whatever u[p there. Either way they couldn't pay me enough money to go up there. No way.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Looks like something crawling -

Space worm?

Light reflection?

Mighty Mouse?

related thread

related event and video from 2007
edit on 15-12-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sat Dec 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

I actually found this a bit fascinating. I'm one of those who think that it's ignorant of us to think that with all of the planets, and all of the galaxies, and all of the universes, it's a bit ignorant to think WE are the only ones that exist as life. Personally, I don't buy it. What else is out there? I have no idea. Is it that worm like thing that was on the ISS? Is it the Grey's? Is a Higher Being we know as God/Allah/Jehovah/etc...? I honestly do not know. I do suspect though that we are not alone, and I do not know if I should be afraid, or calmed by this.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I go for the space caterpillar. Just moves like one, the shadow and I find the idea of one just cute

But propably it's the robonaut or really a spacewalking astronaut. It's rdifficult to judge how big it is, you just don't have any fixpoints... But I don't think it's a light reflextion or an alien.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I remember the astronaut speaking about "space snakes," too and saw the footage. It was white and moved like a sidewinder but I thought it could be a piece of fabric-like a strap, or belt and in zero-g with no air for friction the waves through the fabric wouldn't stop and would simulate a life-like motion... however, I'd certainly expect an astronaut to know that... so...?

This thing certainly isn't "light" as light doesn't leave a shadow unless it's blocked, right? So it's cgi or some gel moving in zero-g or a space mollusk. I thought it might be a huge blob of water until I realized water freezes in space...duh. Maybe someone broke a thermometer outside the station?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntC
a few years ago I saw a special on H2 where an astronaut told about there really being life out there in space. He spoke of snake like creatures and said that one of the people up there was almost bit by it, so seeing something like this just sort of proves there may be giant worms, snakes or whatever u[p there. Either way they couldn't pay me enough money to go up there. No way.

Thanks for this post, it provides us with a good example of how the body of 'astronaut UFO lore' grows and self-elaborates purely from the dynamics of verbal folklore.

I suggest you're giving us a garbled version of Story Musgrave's report - -with photographs -- of a rubbery strip of something seen outside a window on two shuttle missions when his crew had just jettisoned an 'IUS' upper stage and payload. The question he always had was which part of the shuttle had come off to look like that, not whether the thing was alive or not. He made it clear to a MUFON convention last summer that while he's convinced alien civilizations exist way out there, he's personally never seen -- nor has any other astronaut he's ever talked to, seen -- any evidence that such civilizations are visiting Earth.

That seems a whole lot different from the way you've improved the story. and your adding the delicious detail about an astronaut almost getting 'bit' by the 'snake' is a real gem, that of course Musgrave has never said. But what you have done, sincerely and creatively and with all good intentions, is 'improve' an original story to make it sound even more 'unexplainable'.

Sadly, that makes you part of the problem, and not part of the solution, to understanding what's behind these kinds of stories.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by happyhomemaker29
I actually found this a bit fascinating. I'm one of those who think that it's ignorant of us to think that with all of the planets, and all of the galaxies, and all of the universes, it's a bit ignorant to think WE are the only ones that exist as life. .

I've never really encountered anybody who actually claimed that. I guess I'm ignorant of such people.

In the annals of illogic, this is called a 'straw man'. Look it up.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Thanks for this post, it provides us with a good example of how the body of 'astronaut UFO lore' grows and self-elaborates purely from the dynamics of verbal folklore.

I suggest you're giving us a garbled version of Story Musgrave's report - -with photographs -- of a rubbery strip of something seen outside a window on two shuttle missions when his crew had just jettisoned an 'IUS' upper stage and payload. The question he always had was which part of the shuttle had come off to look like that, not whether the thing was alive or not. He made it clear to a MUFON convention last summer that while he's convinced alien civilizations exist way out there, he's personally never seen -- nor has any other astronaut he's ever talked to, seen -- any evidence that such civilizations are visiting Earth.

That seems a whole lot different from the way you've improved the story. and your adding the delicious detail about an astronaut almost getting 'bit' by the 'snake' is a real gem, that of course Musgrave has never said. But what you have done, sincerely and creatively and with all good intentions, is 'improve' an original story to make it sound even more 'unexplainable'.

Sadly, that makes you part of the problem, and not part of the solution, to understanding what's behind these kinds of stories.

blah blah yekity schmackity.....

So.....it's a rubbery strip? Or wasn't that what you were trying to say?

Peace

<< 1  2    4 >>

join