It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Tom Monaghan sues feds over new health care law

page: 1
5
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Tom Monaghan sues feds over new health care law


www.myfoxny.com

DETROIT (AP) — The founder of Domino's Pizza is suing the federal government over mandatory contraception coverage in the new health care law. Tom Monaghan, a devout Roman Catholic, says contraception is not health care and instead is a "gravely immoral" practice. He's a plaintiff in a lawsuit filed Friday in federal court, along with his Domino's Farms, which runs an office park near Ann Arbor. Monaghan offers health insurance that excludes contraception and abortion for employees.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Good for him. obamacare is such an over reach and UN-Constitutional is so many ways that more challenges are inevitable. We have the first amendment right to practice our religion without the government trying to insert themselves into it. Contraception is against the beliefs of the roman catholic church. Abortion is murder in the eyes of Catholics and Christians alike. Forcing these religious groups to violate their beliefs is wrong and UN-Constitutional. I am glad that someone is standing up against this dictatorial regime.

www.myfoxny.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on Fri Dec 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I understand that in your (his) religion, sexual indiscresion is frowned upon.

I hereby state that in MY religion, we frown upon food/eating indiscresion.

therefore, I will agree to universal healthcare so long as it does not pay for all of the health concerns of the immoral fatsos.


(p.s. the WHOLE idea here is that healthcare is decided by DOCTORS, not religious whacks.)



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
I understand that in your (his) religion, sexual indiscresion is frowned upon.

I hereby state that in MY religion, we frown upon food/eating indiscresion.

therefore, I will agree to universal healthcare so long as it does not pay for all of the health concerns of the immoral fatsos.


(p.s. the WHOLE idea here is that healthcare is decided by DOCTORS, not religious whacks.)


Show me a person where Birth Control is medically NECESSARY and it should be allowed. Otherwise it is a choice, not a need. Or do you think we should pay for plastic surgery as well when someone decides they want bigger cheeks?



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


matters of sexual health most certainly fall under the umbrella of "healthcare". I am not sure why you seem to think there is a slippery-slope here, or that it is a matter of personal interpretation ("choice"). is it not also the choice of the obese man to gobble down another cheeseburger?

its up to the doctor. not me. not you. not your employer. not the Catholic church.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
A great reason for me never to eat a dominos pizza again:up



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


matters of sexual health most certainly fall under the umbrella of "healthcare". I am not sure why you seem to think there is a slippery-slope here, or that it is a matter of personal interpretation ("choice"). is it not also the choice of the obese man to gobble down another cheeseburger?

its up to the doctor. not me. not you. not your employer. not the Catholic church.


There are plenty of things that fall under "healthcare". The question is whether it is necessary, or it is elective. Plastic surgery is healthcare. Do you think insurance should cover breast enhancement and butt implants? What about botox?

ETA: what you described with it is up to the Dr. is NECESSARY birth control. Which is extremely uncommon. Most birth control and abortion is NOT up to the Dr., it is up to the person asking. The Dr. does not recommend abortion to every pregnancy, only when there is a medical reason. The Dr. will not recommend birth control to every woman, only when it's necessary. Otherwise the patient requests it, and the Dr. simply makes sure that there will not be any negative interactions. You really do not appear to understand the dynamics of the topic, you should read up on it before commenting.
edit on 15-12-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 

Having sex is programmed into our DNA , it is how we survive as a species .
Why would you want millions of unplanned / unwanted children that will be a drain on every social resource ?



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pillock
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 

Having sex is programmed into our DNA , it is how we survive as a species .
Why would you want millions of unplanned / unwanted children that will be a drain on every social resource ?



What does that have to do with forcing Domino's Pizza to provide birth control. I am not suggesting birth control should be illegal, your argument is null and void. Where is my insurance covered condoms? Hmmm, seems like a hypocritical double standard, seems like it's politics and not logic driving this.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 

If you eat Domino's Pizza, contraception should be mandatory .
It would help Darwin skim out the gene pool



edit on 15-12-2012 by pillock because: missed comma



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by pillock
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 

If you eat Domino's Pizza contraception should be mandatory .
It would help Darwin skim out the gene pool




While I can not say the idea is not appealing, it is unfortunately not Constitutional to force them to do so


Nor is it Constitutional to force Domino's to pay for elective healthcare needs. If someone requires birth control for a medically necessary reason then Domino's needs to cough up, as then it is no longer about contraception, and about hormonal imbalances most likely.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


I understand the dynamics of moral bigotry.

I understand the dynamics of the entitlement (oh my!) of every human to a minimum standard of healthcare.

I understand that said standard is not to be determined by dominoes-MF-pizza.

I understand that you wish to conflate the issue beyond rational discussion.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


I understand the dynamics of moral bigotry.

I understand the dynamics of the entitlement (oh my!) of every human to a minimum standard of healthcare.

I understand that said standard is not to be determined by dominoes-MF-pizza.

I understand that you wish to conflate the issue beyond rational discussion.


Wow let's use big words like conflate to make my argument sound important! Next time look up the definition of conflate, you obviously don't know what the word means. The only one conflate the issue is you. It's nice that you did not address a single point I have brought up. How about your next reply you actually reply to the points I make.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


I do not need to look it up.

I already know that it means that you wish to declare relevant to the discussion, fallacious arguments which have no bearing.

are you always this rude? dinner didn't sit well? I have said all I intend to on the matter.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


I do not need to look it up.

I already know that it means that you wish to declare relevant to the discussion, fallacious arguments which have no bearing.

are you always this rude? dinner didn't sit well? I have said all I intend to on the matter.


Conflate means to bring several things into one. I am not doing that at all. This leads me to believe you do not know the definition and simply wish to toss around big words to puff yourself up. Sorry, it failed. Now, your usage of the word fallacious, what was it that I said that was fallacious. Your track record with using big words correctly is not looking good my friend. Let's try this again, pick a point I made, and refute it. It seems you can't.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Your moral and religious rights end when they effect someone else. Mr. Dominos is all free and clear to do as his deity orders him in his own bedroom. Doesn't give him the right to dictate what happens in his employees bedroom.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Your moral and religious rights end when they effect someone else. Mr. Dominos is all free and clear to do as his deity orders him in his own bedroom. Doesn't give him the right to dictate what happens in his employees bedroom.


I could not agree more. Where is he trying to tell his employees they can or can not have sex, or whatever other bedroom activities they wish to engage in?

In fact, he is saying exactly that. He wants THEM to have complete responsibility over their bedroom actions and does not wish to be involved in any way shape or form. You and him agree it seems.
edit on 15-12-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
And on the same grounds I guess the 7th DA's could claim that blood transfusions are not health care either - they are an immoral practice.

Tough.

Get over it.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
And on the same grounds I guess the 7th DA's could claim that blood transfusions are not health care either - they are an immoral practice.

Tough.

Get over it.


Are blood transfusions medically necessary, or is it elective? If someone recieves blood transfusions for any reason other than a medical necessity, such as they think getting regular transfusions will make them stay healthy forever, 7th DA should not (nor anyone else) have to cover it.

Or do you think all elective medical expenses should be covered? If so my gf would love you to insure her and cover her for breast enhancement.



posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
There are Free Clinic's for Birth Control (to the extent of Plan B pills) around the states as is.

They should relinquish the Age factor on them and it would solve most of the dilemma.

They already get money from the Gov. anyways, why pay for two things? (Just add a bit more.)

The whole argument is moot really, they have solved the problem, they just don't fully see it yet.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join