It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Monaghan sues feds over new health care law

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
There are Free Clinic's for Birth Control (to the extent of Plan B pills) around the states as is.

They should relinquish the Age factor on them and it would solve most of the dilemma.

They already get money from the Gov. anyways, why pay for two things? (Just add a bit more.)

The whole argument is moot really, they have solved the problem, they just don't fully see it yet.

The problem is this is political, not logical. It's about scoring points with women voters, not doing what is fair and smart.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
If you cant see that this is saving you & Mr Domino's Pizzas tax dollars by reducing welfare dependency , then you & the US people have a serious problem.
A small amount of $ to stop young women getting pregnant verses a lifetime of welfare subsidies is a no brainer

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pillock
If you cant see that this is saving you & Mr Domino's Pizzas tax dollars by reducing welfare dependency , then you & the US people have a serious problem.
A small amount of $ to stop young women getting pregnant verses a lifetime of welfare subsidies is a no brainer

I did not realize we toss out the Constitution and rights to save a few bucks. My mistake. If we are after saving money then it's easy. You have 1 child on welfare you get sterilized. THAT would save te country a whole lot of money. Let's do it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I am not an American so I don't know what part of the Constitution you are referring to , could you enlighten me ?
I am simply being logical with no religious or fanatical beliefs .
If you can , as a tax payer pay say $ 10 per year to stop unwanted / un-loved child birth, or have to pay $ 100,000 per year to fund rehab or incarceration & the unwanted children cycle , what would be the smartest thing to do ?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I am not an American so I don't know what part of the Constitution you are referring to , could you enlighten me ?
I am simply being logical with no religious or fanatical beliefs .
If you can , as a tax payer pay say $ 10 per year to stop unwanted / un-loved child birth, or have to pay $ 100,000 per year to fund rehab or incarceration & the unwanted children cycle , what would be the smartest thing to do ?
It is called the first amendment to our Constitution.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The relevant passage here being

or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
Roman Catholics oppose contraception and have since before the founding of this nation. Forcing a Catholic to pay for it is the same as forcing them to condone it. Thus UN-Constitutional.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

If you eat Domino's Pizza contraception should be mandatory .
It would help Darwin skim out the gene pool

While I can not say the idea is not appealing, it is unfortunately not Constitutional to force them to do so

Nor is it Constitutional to force Domino's to pay for elective healthcare needs. If someone requires birth control for a medically necessary reason then Domino's needs to cough up, as then it is no longer about contraception, and about hormonal imbalances most likely.

What's to stop a doctor from stating that his patient's birth control (or abortion) is for a medically necessary reason, just so that insurance will cover it? I could see a doctor doing that out of loyalty to their patient, and if they are pro-choice. What's Tom going to do then? Will he try and force his employees to use only his own team of doctors??

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Tom might want to sue them because his tax dollars were used to fund China's "against your will" abortion program. The U.S. gave them 50 billion for that. I bet the majority of America would find it "immoral".

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

What's to stop a doctor from stating that his patient's birth control (or abortion) is for a medically necessary reason, just so that insurance will cover it? I could see a doctor doing that out of loyalty to their patient, and if they are pro-choice. What's Tom going to do then? Will he try and force his employees to use only his own team of doctors??
Ethics maybe? If the doctor chooses to lie, then the sin is his not ours for supporting programs we morally cannot support. However, if you don't want children why engage in activity known to cause pregnancy? It is no mystery what causes pregnancy, and there are other ways of gaining gratification aside from intercourse.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Your moral and religious rights end when they effect someone else. Mr. Dominos is all free and clear to do as his deity orders him in his own bedroom. Doesn't give him the right to dictate what happens in his employees bedroom.

Thank you, I've not had the chance to laugh thato hard for quite a few days.

Your right to be involved lasts for as long as you're paying for it. If they don't want the company to dictate that then they can pay for it themselves.

Edited to add: No one invited Mr. Monaghan into their bedroom, but they certainly dragged him there by the chequebook.
edit on 15-12-2012 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Isn't birth control also used to regulate/control an adolescent’s hormones?

My teenage daughter takes it everyday as a way of controlling her hormones - which affects a person’s temperament.

No pill - she is out of control - a real B!!!

With pill - she is normal again.

My wife also had to take it for many years as it had something to do with lessening the frequency and/or severity of migraine headaches.

I don't want any Dominoes people telling us what we can take or not take as medication. That is the doctors job.

-E2

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesII
I don't want any Dominoes people telling us what we can take or not take as medication. That is the doctors job.

Then stop asking the compay to pay for it. Nothing is stopping you taking out your own insurance. Well, nothing except money, and that is a much deeper problem with the medical system that has been caused by continuing and excessive governmental involvement.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

I hear you.

FYI - I own a small business and the health care that I chose did cover it - at a cost - just like all other medications. Then Obamacare came into play and now the contraceptive is free.

Point being that a company (employer) should not impose its beliefs onto others - either directly or indirectly, just like I should not impose my beliefs onto others. It's just wrong.

Coverage and medications should be dictated by a doctor and nobody else - certainly not this Dominoes clown and not any poitician.

-E2

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesII

That is just what your wife told you because she doesn't want to be a grandma! Truth is your daughter is always a B, just to different degrees. I am only kidding, I have a 14 yo girl so I can joke.

Seems a lot of arguing over religion when this is about the constitution. Occams is right, whether you agree or disagree with his religious stance. If you aren't from the US and don't know what a constitution is you are wasting your time here.

Personally I think Tom must be an idiot for believing in God, but I agree that Obamacare should be challenged.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Im not too sure why anybody would wish to quote the constitution as somesort of bastion of "God bless America, and the peoples rights" when the constitution is so utterly f*****d up it still considers it sacrosanct that people should be allowed to have a small f*****g army of weapons at their disposal.
This is the real problem, you have a Country that once was a brave new World, almost a blessing for the go getter and entrepreneurs but have actually ended up with a cash rich and morally bankrupt nation universally despised throughout the World. As the rest of the World sees your vision: You are a failure? tough. Cant afford Healthcare? So what? Want to run around like Sly Stallone tooled up the the fuggin armpits? Way to go fella, its your constitutional right!!!!

In a nutshell Heath care laws are being challenged by a "Catholic Pizza seller" who has got rich selling food to people who are, generally, clinically obese, doing his bit in contributing to a nation of lard arses, many whom cannot afford decent healthcare...........and of course contraception, which has been proven to stop sexually transmitted disease, reduce the birthrate/population/strain on the food chain/global warming etc, etc
Gawd bless America!!
Edited: Before anybody decides to play the "Well you aint American, you dont know me!!!" al la Jerry Springer/Maury bullsh*t, forget it, because we DO know you, we know you all VERY well indeed.
edit on 15-12-2012 by LFN69 because: Because i want to........

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LFN69

You are awesome at stereotyping everyone in America! Brilliant post, brilliant!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by LFN69

You are awesome at stereotyping everyone in America! Brilliant post, brilliant!

Thank you Sir!!
( I also do fabulous sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
(p.s. the WHOLE idea here is that healthcare is decided by DOCTORS, not religious whacks.)

It would be nice if healthcare was decided by doctors instead of insurance companies. I'm sure a lot of people here can offer stories of medical proceedures that doctors felt were necessary but insurance companies refused to pay for.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

Originally posted by tgidkp
(p.s. the WHOLE idea here is that healthcare is decided by DOCTORS, not religious whacks.)

It would be nice if healthcare was decided by doctors instead of insurance companies. I'm sure a lot of people here can offer stories of medical proceedures that doctors felt were necessary but insurance companies refused to pay for.

The insurance companies didn't say they couldn't have the procedures. The insurance company just won't pay for them. The employer is paying the insurance company and it is for the company to say what they will pay for, not you. If you do not like that, organise your own insurance that provides the coverage you want.

It's like a kid demanding pocket-money from the parent and then complaining that the parent doesn't want them to spend it on hookers and blow

Edited to add: While I'm saying "you", I mean this in the general sense, not specifically you, VictorVonDoom.

edit on 15-12-2012 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to files.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">post by DarthMuerte

I'm conflicted about this story. There are many women who need to take birth control to control hormone issues like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Endometrosis and so on. But there are some women like me with rare blood disorders, who can NOT take birth control, even though I also have PCOS. While in some cases the use of birth control has helped control these disorders - contraceptives have also been known to cause blood clots and other diseases in women.

Birth control should always be an option - but when it comes medical conditions and if using birth control is a solution to those problems, then yes - a company like Domino's SHOULD provide coverage - because the birth control in many cases are saving lives.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think that he is right to sue to try to remove contraception from being a part of health care. That is something we should pay for on our own.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join