I am so very Sadden by to days senseless killings by a troubled young man, Yes it would appear from the news reports he had some sort of mental
But let's remember, The Americans are not the only country that has these senseless killings of the innocent.
Do any of you really Think Tough Gun Laws Keep Europeans Safe? Think Again... it was June of 2010,
Derrick Bird shot and killed 12 people and wounded 11 others. A headline in The Times of London read: "Toughest laws in the world could not stop
Look at recent history. Where have the worst K-12 school shootings occurred?
It has not been in the U.S. but Europe.
The very worst one occurred in a high school in Erfurt, Germany in 2002, where 18 were killed.
The second worst took place in Dunblane, Scotland in 1996, where 16 kindergarteners and their teacher were shot.
The third worst high school attack, with 15 murdered, happened in Winnenden, Germany.
The fourth worst shooting was in the U.S. -- Columbine High School in 1999, leaving 13 killed.
The fifth worst school related murder spree, with 11 murdered, occurred in Emsdetten, Germany.
Yes as mentioned in this article, As mentioned, all of them occurred in gun free zones, places where guns in the hands of civilians were not
Zug, Switzerland, September 27, 2001: a man murdered 15 members of a cantonal parliament. - Tours, France, October 29, 2001: four people were
killed and 10 wounded when a French railway worker started killing people at a busy intersection in the city.
- Nanterre, France, March 27, 2002: a man kills eight city councilors after a city council meeting.
- Erfurt, Germany on April 26, 2002: a former student kills 18 at a secondary school.
- Freising, Germany on February 19, 2002: Three people killed and one wounded.
- Turin, Italy on October 15, 2002: Seven people were killed on a hillside overlooking the city.
- Madrid, Spain, October 1, 2006: a man kills two employees and wounds another at a company that he was fired from.
- Emsdetten, Germany, November 20, 2006: a former student murders 11 people at a high school. - Southern Finland, November 7, 2007: Seven students and
the principal were killed at a high school.
- Naples, Italy, September 18, 2008: Seven dead and two seriously wounded in a public meeting hall (not included in totals below because it may
possibly have involved the mafia).
- Kauhajoki, Finland, Sept. 23, 2008: 10 people were shot to death at a college. Winnenden, Germany, March 11, 2009: a 17-year-old former student
killed 15 people, including nine students and three teachers.
- Lyon, France, March 19, 2009: ten people injured after a man opened fire on a nursery school.
- Athens, Greece, April 10, 2009: three people killed and two people injured by a student at a vocational college. - Rotterdam, Netherlands, April 11,
2009: three people killed and 1 injured at a crowded cafe. Vienna, Austria, May 24, 2009: one dead and 16 wounded in an attack on a Sikh Temple.
- Espoo, Finland, Dec. 31, 2009: 4 killed while shopping at a mall on New Year's Eve.
- Cumbria, England, June 2, 2010: 12 people killed by a British taxi driver.
So, I am proud to be a Naturalized Citizen and a Gun Owner.
My husband takes us out very often to shoot and keep our skills polished. Who knows,,, It my come to that day when it is the gun owner protecting her
or his family and property from people trying very hard to take what you have because they don't have it and they Government will not be there to Save
My husband carries, I carry and our daughter carries, as of yet, never had a need to pull out our weapons, but have had funny looks and nods of
agreement of others who carry.
It is a Right I have Earned the Same as the Right To Vote and I will Participate and Exercise My Right.
Sorry for the little Rant, But, Please, Leave America Alone, We will take Care of Our Own, You take care of your own, when the SHTF.
Again, I am So Very Sorry for every one that Lost a Loved One To Day, So Very, very Heart Breaking to bury a Loved One.
edit on 14-12-2012 by guohua because: Spell Check
edit on 14-12-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)