It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 21st, 2012 11:11am GMT - Snapshot from Earth and Sun.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by galactix

so then why does Sirius remain still in the skies?

It doesn't.

Proper motions mas/yr [error ellipse]: -546.01 -1223.07 [1.33 1.24 0]

simbad.u-strasbg.fr...

what a useless link.

yes, i know, Sirius orbits about the barycenter of the triune system. it wobbles a bit.

i should have been more clear:
why does Sirius not process along the eqinoxes as the rest of the zodial stars do?

come on, bro: how can you not see this?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by galactix
i should have been more clear:
why does Sirius not process along the eqinoxes as the rest of the zodial stars do?

come on, bro: how can you not see this?

From what I can tell if he doesn't already know something he just gathers the data in refutation as he goes along, while making it appear as if it's part of his repertoire of vast knowledge, it's not all that special in the final analysis.

Creates a very impressive illusion however and thus, his star count/post ratio.

edit on 16-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Not worth much...

No astronomical data contradict the possibility that the Solar System circles about Sirius, in the course of the latter’s circuit of the Milky Way, as Kant believed.
No data contradicts the possibility that unicorns exist.

Whereas the general star mass rises twenty minutes later on a given day each year, Sirius rises only eleven minutes later.
False. On two counts.
All the stars (including Sirius) rise about 4 minutes earlier each day.
aa.usno.navy.mil...
edit on 12/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So contrary to what galactix has presented, there's nothing unusual about Sirius' motion relative to the the rest of the mass of Zodial stars..?

I guess you'll have to go check and recheck a bit before coming back with your all-knowing answer..

edit on 16-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

So contrary to what galactix has presented, there's nothing unusual about Sirius' motion relative to the the rest of the mass of Zodial stars..?

Sirius is not a zodical star, but no. Nothing unusual.
www.rssd.esa.int...

You, of course, don't bother to check.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Sirius is not a zodiacal star but it does precess.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Not worth much...

No astronomical data contradict the possibility that the Solar System circles about Sirius, in the course of the latter’s circuit of the Milky Way, as Kant believed.
No data contradicts the possibility that unicorns exist.

Whereas the general star mass rises twenty minutes later on a given day each year, Sirius rises only eleven minutes later.
False. On two counts.
All the stars (including Sirius) rise about 4 minutes earlier each day.
aa.usno.navy.mil...

fail.

im mean, really Phage: i am disappoint.

"It has been noticed, and the Sothic cycle confirms, that Sirius does not move retrograde across the sky like other stars, a phenomenon widely known as the precession of the equinox"

wiki link

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Sirius is not a zodiacal star but it does precess.

phage man, ALL the stars process. we just pick the zodiacal to measure them by. out on the rim = more accuracy.

well, all the stars except Sirius.

why?

because we rotate about the dog star.

you are being just like the clergy who refused to believe that the earth orbited the sun. still locked on earth: you mind is.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

So are you saying that the other stars do rise twenty minutes later each day but Sirius rises eleven minutes later? You agree with that statement?

Nonetheless, Sirius, due to its proper motion, remains practically stationary making it the ideal marker for ancient Egyptian planning purposes
en.wikipedia.org...

The proper motion of Sirius makes it move differently than precession alone does. Just as the proper motion of other stars does the same. But Sirius does precess.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Well in a video what was presented is we revolve around alcyone, and that star revolves around Sirus, its all circles and revolutions and cycles, and greater cycles.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don't know if I believe all of this man. It looks pretty legit and I guess I'll have to do more research.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

because we rotate about the dog star.
You mean revolve?

You claim Sirius is stationary. If we are revolving around it, shouldn't its position change? The position of the Sun changes as we revolve around it.

you are being just like the clergy who refused to believe that the earth orbited the sun.
Oh, they believed Galileo. They had to because his evidence was irrefutable. They just couldn't publicly acknowledge what he told them. Wouldn't have been politically prudent.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
To both further complicate matters, while giving us a paradigm shifting view of the motion of our solar system through or I should say with, the galaxy (although the angle of the solar system as depicted here may be off somewhat) check this out!

In spite of the occasional snarkiness of some of the posts, this thread is enjoyable as a learning experience for those of us who don't already know everything there is to know about the motions and relationships involved.

It's been an eye opener and has sparked my interest in Astronomy.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Given it's proximity, if we gradually revolved or orbited around it, it's positioning and movement would differ in a significant manner from that of the fixed zodiacal stars who all move together, so I think that galactix might be onto something in regards to our sun's relationship with Sirius.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Wrong thread that video wasn't presented here and it's already been proven that we don't revolve around Alcyone in the Pleiades. However, it has not been proven that we do not in relation to Sirius.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The Sun is like a comet, dragging the planets in its wake

The Sun is not like a comet.
The planets are not dragged it its wake.
Comets do not have a wake. They have tails which are pushed off of them by the solar wind.
Comets do not have objects orbiting them.

this thread is enjoyable as a learning experience for those of us who don't already know everything there is to know about the motions and relationships involved.
Perhaps listening to what is being said and looking at the evidence instead of contradicting it would make the experience even more enjoyable.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

However, it has not been proven that we do not in relation to Sirius.

Correction. It has been proven.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok if that's a proof, can you please explain it to us (with your vast knowledge alone), along with the difference in Sirius' motion (slower, more stable) relative to the "fixed" rotation of the Zodiac stars ie: why this is the case in regards the difference between the motion of Sirius relative to the other stars?

As prof. Jed Buchwald has pointed "Sirius remains about the same distance from the equinoxes — and so from the solstices — throughout these many centuries, despite precession." [7] For the same reason, the helical rising (or zenith) of Sirius does not slip through the calendar (at the precession rate of about one day per 71.6 years), as other stars do. This remarkable stability within the solar year may be one reason that the Egyptians used it as a basis for their calendar whereas no other star would have sufficed.
The lunisolar theory of precession requires that the earth wobble enough to lose one complete rotation on its axis and one revolution around the sun (relative to the fixed stars) per precession cycle. Modern astronomers now measure the rate of precession via radio telescopes fixed on distant quasars and a process known as Very Long Baseline Interferometry (VLBI) confirms the earth changes orientation to the stars at about 50.3 arc seconds p/y, equating to one complete precession of the equinox in about 25,700 years. Nonetheless, Sirius, due to its proper motion, remains practically stationary making it the ideal marker for ancient Egyptian planning purposes.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks.

edit on 16-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Where was this proven, I'd like to do some reading!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Unity_99

Wrong thread that video wasn't presented here and it's already been proven that we don't revolve around Alcyone in the Pleiades. However, it has not been proven that we do not in relation to Sirius.

I'm not sure anything has been proven in regards to pleiades. In regard to Sirius read that in ancient accounts it was a blue star, then became red, as if incoming, outgoing. And on New years eve at midnight the sun is directly beneath us, and Sirius is directly overhead.

archive.constantcontact.com...

Freya Owlsdottir shares this info about Sirius: "The Sirius system is directly "upstream" of our solar system within the galactic arm of our Milky Way Galaxy. Because of this, we now know that the polarized energies of Sirius do indeed wash over us. By coming directly towards us, Sirius creates an axis of rotation with Earth relative to the stellar background. Because of this, of all the stars in the sky, only the annual heliacal rising (meaning its visible rising just before the Sun) of Sirius exactly matches the length of our solar year, 365.25 days.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join