It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My kids just got home from school...and I'm pissed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No, I'm not pissed at my kids...I couldn't wait for them to get home TODAY. And I realize how lucky I am just to be able to say my kids just got home from school.

But I'm pissed, at the pro-gun lobby, pissed at the NRA, pissed at any gun lover that want to ignore that we have a huge freaking gun problem in this nation. If you want to defend guns on a day like today...you might as well have shot those kids yourself. Anyone who can't wake the hell up after today's tragedy, you have blood on your hands and I am disgusted by you.

You would rather sit there and hold your little piece of metal because you are an insecure, paranoid, coward who needs a gun to feel "safe" instead of admitting that this nation has a problem. You would rather see an occasional mass murder of kids than just admit that we need to do something, and that maybe you don't need 20 guns in your basement to feel "safe".

Guns are for cowards...that includes today's shooter, the mall shooter, the Aurora shooter...and yes it includes all you gun lovers sitting at home with your gun to make you feel "safe". Cowards, the lot of you.

To hell with politically correct, kids are dying because of your insecurities.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
You give me hope for the USA, more of you need to understand this view.
S&F and expect the "cold dead hands" crowd to destroy you.
I tip my hat to you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I don't own guns, but I'll direct you to the school attack in china where 20 kids were attacked... with a knife.

Blame the crazy people, not the guns.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

I defend my right to carry guns today so I guess I'm just as twisted as the mentally disturbed man who shot 20 kids today?

I disagree. I also disagree that the action of 1 man, or even a handful of people, are reason enough to take my rights away.

edit on 14-12-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
my insecurity is Idiots who blame a gun for the growing depravity in humanity.
I have 4 kids and one on the way so I too was especially grateful to see them as well.
However look deeper and deny ignorance and see that these 20something kids just all some how be on meds and seeing someone. one in the center of the country one west coast one east coast. look for one down south or SoCal to happen soon and work towards the whole country crying out like the OP
edit on 14-12-2012 by freakshowfatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
If you want to defend guns on a day like today...you might as well have shot those kids yourself. Anyone who can't wake the hell up after today's tragedy, you have blood on your hands and I am disgusted by you.

Wow. Just wow. You may need a visit to the psycward if you really believe this. This is the type of mental state of mass murderers...always shifting blame. Think about what you are saying.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

We don't have a gun problem. The gun didn't kill those kids. The sick individual did.

We have a problem with the fact that our culture seems to be manufacturing more and more sociopaths and psychopaths (IMO).

This gives me, a sane individual, who would never commit a crime like this, even more reason to wish to have the means to defend myself should a person decide to have their break from reality anywhere near me or mine.

I understand the knee-jerk reaction BTW. I'm shocked and appalled also, but please try to examine your logic here.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
And so...what will you do when you live out in the woods and a man come to your door with a gun in your face, but because your law doesn't allow YOU or your neighbors to own a gun, you are now at this person's mercy, IF they have any. YES make laws about them but to NOT take them away from yourself and your neighbor's right to own and use them.

Anywhere that has been done has NOT seen ANY reduction in crime, in fact it goes UP drastically. Just look at the crime rates in places where guns aren't allowed. People from places that have lost their gun rights beg the rest of us to NOT allow the right to protect yourself with a firearm to be taken away or you are opening yourself up to a world where only bad guyz carry them in public...and they WILL overwhelm you any chance they get.

Don't make a hasty decision that can detrimentally effect you and so many others just because you are afraid of a gun. Police use them...for GOOD. IT is an object that requires someone to pull a trigger to make it work. Just like anything that has danger involved in handling, like FIRE or other dangerous things, we use with caution. But take them away and the only ones who will have them are a few policemen and the rest will be in the hands of criminals is THAT what YOU want?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
When guns start jumping up in the air and start shooting people of their own accord, then and only then might I start thinking this way. Hammers don't drive nails by themselves. Wrenches don't turn bolts by themselves. Forks don't just deliver food to your mouth by themselves. AND GUNS DON"T JUST GO AROUND SHOOTING PEOPLE!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Yes let's not discuss the real issue lets harp on guns.....we do have a problem here in the US, but it isn't a gun problem it is a mental health issue. You're going to the extreme calling responsible gun owners at fault because the defend the RIGHT to own arms. You probably don't know much about guns let allow what the 2nd is about. I have a young child as well and I am not blaming it on an object, it was a person that did this. (He apperantly had mama issues...)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
I don't own guns, but I'll direct you to the school attack in china where 20 kids were attacked... with a knife.

Blame the crazy people, not the guns.

20 kids were attacked and wounded...20 kids weren't killed...there is the difference.

I'll blame the guns, they are tools for cowards. Guns allow any crazy coward to kill many people.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I wonder what SIX MILLION dead Jews would say to your post.

I wonder what the other MILLIONS of people who are dead because they relinquished their
guns and trusted their governments would say to your post.

Our founding father's wrote the second amendment knowing full well the danger involved
with citizens possessing firearms...and they wrote it into law anyway.

Because it is better a few innocent die, than millions of innocent die.

I am sorry for your loss and outrage, but this is the ugly and necessary truth

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
As a born and raised German who recently moved to Florida, I must say I absolutely agree with you.
In the short period of time, I have realized that this Country is full of Nutcases who believe they can't live without firearms.....they are a product of their environment. The country and it's laws encourage people to own and use weapons: for "pleasure", stress relief, sport-hunting, self protection (hahahahahah
:lol
, and as a image.

Let's be honest, NO PERSON neither in the USA nor anywhere else need the "right" to shoot intruders on their property, that's what the cops are there for and thats why the cops have guns, NO PERSON under legal drinking age needs a weapon.....hell, NO CIVILLIAN NEEDS A WEAPON. Period.

USA, it is time to leave the 18th Century behind and join the rest of the world in their non-anarchistic approach to consolidate peace.

The USA is the only country in the world where almost every year people go on killing sprees (besides warzones), wake up americans, let go of your old fashioned attempt to recreate or maintain the "laws" of the wild west.

[Excuse my english, like I said, German is my first language]

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon

This gives me, a sane individual, who would never commit a crime like this, even more reason to wish to have the means to defend myself should a person decide to have their break from reality anywhere near me or mine.

Absolutely! I'm glad I own a gun. And I bet if I was in that school with my gun and I stopoed the crazy guy before he did this, everyone would be glad normal people are able to purchase them. I for one, believe that guns must be available to the public. I also believe that they need to do some sort of mental check on people purchasing them. But again, if they are that crazy and determined, they will find a way. Lets just pray there is a good guy with a gun to defend the innocent when the crazy guy shows up.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You're rage and emotion are belittling your intelligence. I will always support the Second Amendment; regardless the day. So you judge me, call me disgusting and insecure, paranoid and a coward insisting blame on every gun and gun owner, but not the sick individual and him alone? The one responsible? Hmm.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

So let me understand:

You would feel more comfortable with dialing the policy, and waiting for them to come, while an unknown intruder with unknown intentions is violation your security, than having the means to defend yourself in an effective fashion?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Because it is better a few innocent die, than millions of innocent die.

And there is the twisted logic of gun lovers.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

Living in the USA is starting to feel like I am living in the special class at school. I completely understand your view of the USA...it's like all the intelligent people left and we are left with emotional stunted cowards that need to hold their gun to go to sleep.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
As a born and raised German who recently moved to Florida, I must say I absolutely agree with you.
In the short period of time, I have realized that this Country is full of Nutcases who believe they can't live without firearms.....they are a product of their environment. The country and it's laws encourage people to own and use weapons: for "pleasure", stress relief, sport-hunting, self protection (hahahahahah
:lol
, and as a image.

Let's be honest, NO PERSON neither in the USA nor anywhere else need the "right" to shoot intruders on their property, that's what the cops are there for and thats why the cops have guns, NO PERSON under legal drinking age needs a weapon.....hell, NO CIVILLIAN NEEDS A WEAPON. Period.

USA, it is time to leave the 18th Century behind and join the rest of the world in their non-anarchistic approach to consolidate peace.

The USA is the only country in the world where almost every year people go on killing sprees (besides warzones), wake up americans, let go of your old fashioned attempt to recreate or maintain the "laws" of the wild west.

[Excuse my english, like I said, German is my first language]

So if someone breaks into my home (which a sane person wouldn't do) should i just bend over and take it [snipped]? [snipped] that. You enter my home, you got it coming. If you can't defend your child's bedroom; if you can't defend the place where your family feels safe; if you can't keep the evil out of your home; then what the [snipped] can you do? If someone breaks into my home, where kids sleep, I think its safe to assume, they aren't there to ask if I want my cable upgraded. And I will also assume they have a death wish. End of story. You want a place where its exceptable for people to break into your house in the middle of the night and take your family, move back to Germany. I hear you have a history of allowing that. In America, we protect ours!
edit on Fri Dec 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: profanity.....and Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join