It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My kids just got home from school...and I'm pissed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Militia is seperate from the state it is like the NG without funding from the FG..you don't even understand what you are arguing about....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

Funny you seem to think you know me personally, the name is a play on the pic if you don't get it...I have know illusions that muslims are not all bad, just as all gun owners are not nuts..What are these important things, mental health, school security, what? You too must not understand what the 2nd is about....sad

I don't claim to know you, I'm going by your name.
To be honest, I don't give a donkey's tail about your second amendment. You're the only country in the world who feels like it's necessary. You ask what the important things are? EVERYTHING other than guns and the laws for or against them.

If someone breaks into your house, it is probably because the person can't afford drugs, food, etc.
This person probably has nothing to loose and counts on having to shoot you.

You on the other side are scared, intimidated, and caught in the heat of the moment. Unless you have military or police training for situations as such, you will hesitate to shoot.

The Break-in ends with you bleeding to death on the floor because the guy who broke in didn't hesitate....just how much did your gun help you with that?
NOT AT ALL.

What you people don't get is that weapons give you a false feeling of security. Guns dont kill people, people kill people. Just because you have a gun you're not bada$$.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Living in the USA is starting to feel like I am living in the special class at school. I completely understand your view of the USA...it's like all the intelligent people left and we are left with emotional stunted cowards that need to hold their gun to go to sleep.
You know, there many countries that have the gun laws you want. Pick one and go. I will help you pack.

No thanks, I'll stay here and change my country for the better.

The good news is that this IS going to happen, stricter gun control is just a matter of time. If for no other reason than the demographics of gun lovers...they are an older crowd...the younger generation is more liberal and more logical.

Its not logical to put millions of people into one category as if you know every person in America.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

I'm all for it, let's have that WELL REGULATED MILITIA.

If you want a gun, join the National Guard.
The national guard is not the militia. I wish you people would study American history before making comments like that. The militia of the time period was ever able bodied adult male, not including slaves. Since we no longer have slaves(unless you include the working class being forced to support those who will not work), then all able bodied adults would now qualify as "the militia".

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
reply to post by xedocodex

Militia is seperate from the state it is like the NG without funding from the FG..you don't even understand what you are arguing about....

The National Guard is your official state militia.

But go ahead, and attempt your "unorganized militia" argument, I've heard it all before....however, please explain to me how the "unorganized militia" is "well regulated"?

Guns in this country are not well regulated, if you want to claim that the militia they are referring to is the unorganized militia (which by the way excluded women at the time of the writting of the Constitution), then you should also be perfectly fine with more gun regulation.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

District of Columbia Vs. Heller in 2009 made the entire Militia vs. Individual Right argument a 100% moot point. In an overwhelming affirmation of the right to bear arms, the Supreme Court held that it is an individual right, separate from membership in any organized force.

Held:

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.

(a) The Amendment’s prefatory clause announces a purpose, but does not limit or expand the scope of the second part, the operative clause. The operative clause’s text and history demonstrate that it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms. Pp. 2–22.

(b) The prefatory clause comports with the Court’s interpretation of the operative clause. The “militia” comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. The Antifederalists feared that the Federal Government would disarm the people in order to disable this citizens’ militia, enabling a politicized standing army or a select militia to rule. The response was to deny Congress power to abridge the ancient right of individuals to keep and bear arms, so that the ideal of a citizens’ militia would be preserved. Pp. 22–28.
(Above link to case abstract - Cornell Law)

So, the whole debate is really moot until or unless the make up of the Court changes..and THEN another case comes before them to change the current law of the land. Even the President and his Branch must respect it.

If 2009 hadn't happened for a ruling, I'd be deeply concerned....However, it would take a fundamental change in the core separation of powers to do it now.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Incidentally, in every instance where the homeowner was armed, the bad guy lost.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

reply to post by rival

Because it is better a few innocent die, than millions of innocent die.

And there is the twisted logic of gun lovers.

I don't love guns. I don't even have guns....

What I have is an education in human history. History teaches that if you give up your ability to
protect yourself...someone will kill you.

If it worked that we all could lay down our weapons and feel safe I think that would be great.
I have lived thru "nuclear mutually assured destruction" my entire life. And I will say that
if governments cannot trust each other, than neither will I.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The national guard is not the militia. I wish you people would study American history before making comments like that. The militia of the time period was ever able bodied adult male, not including slaves. Since we no longer have slaves(unless you include the working class being forced to support those who will not work), then all able bodied adults would now qualify as "the militia".

Exhibit A that our founding fathers were a bunch of idiots...they excluded women and blacks from society.

Sorry, but using a bunch of racist idiots as your base of argument isn't helping.

You said yourself, every able bodied MAN...so I guess women shouldnt' have guns. And you are failing to acknowledge that every able bodied man is the UNORGANIZED MILITIA...which by definition is NOT WELL REGULATED.

I have my facts straight, I don't expect you to understand them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So, the whole debate is really moot until or unless the make up of the Court changes..and THEN another case comes before them to change the current law of the land. Even the President and his Branch must respect it.

And hopefully that happens this term.

If not, Hillary will be elected for 8 years and it will happen under her.

It's a shame we have to wait for the SCOTUS to decide it, it's a shame that more Americans can't think logically.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Exhibit A that our founding fathers were a bunch of idiots...they excluded women and blacks from society.

Sorry, but using a bunch of racist idiots as your base of argument isn't helping.

You said yourself, every able bodied MAN...so I guess women shouldnt' have guns. And you are failing to acknowledge that every able bodied man is the UNORGANIZED MILITIA...which by definition is NOT WELL REGULATED.

I have my facts straight, I don't expect you to understand them.

This is like saying we should ban guns because the kkk supports them.

link   

Incidentally, in every instance where the homeowner was armed, the bad guy lost.

Really...you have proof for that?

That is an ignorant remark to make because you have no proof of it.

link   

You're not American? How about a nice cup of STFU.

Well, nice try no cookie. I'm as american as you, so KMA.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Sometimes I really hate being an American, and this is why.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Really...you have proof for that?

That is an ignorant remark to make because you have no proof of it.

No. He doesn't. Just read in the paper last week that a boy watched his father get shot by armed robbers when he pulled a gun on them.

Just a pathetic attempt to prove his non-existant point. cute.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Sometimes I really hate being an American, and this is why.

I'm right there with you man.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yeah, it's a shame all over. It's a shame I can't leave my keys in the ignition anymore. It's a shame my elderly mother can only go for her walks at high noon. It's a shame that the utility building at the local park can't go a week without some punk spraypainting it.

You youngsters are doing so much for the American way of life, doing so much to preserve our freedoms.

Brings a tear to my eye, what you're doing for us. Really.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Yeah, it's a shame all over. It's a shame I can't leave my keys in the ignition anymore. It's a shame my elderly mother can only go for her walks at high noon. It's a shame that the utility building at the local park can't go a week without some punk spraypainting it.

You youngsters are doing so much for the American way of life, doing so much to preserve our freedoms.

Brings a tear to my eye, what you're doing for us. Really.

As the older generations have been teaching us for centuries:

"Back in the day everything was better. You youngsters are a disgrace with all your Hippity Hopp music and your Mary Joana and your bright lights and fast cars and bla bla bla bla"

Jesus Christ man, are you trying to complain about as many things as possible or is this supposed to be something else?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I have heard this all before I do have advanced tactical training, I work in the security field. I don't doubt that there are people like you discribe, I do know that we are not all that way. That is beside the point though, you do not understand what the 2nd is for yet you argue to have it removed. You are not from the US by the sounds of it, maybe it is just envy you are suffering from....then again ignorance on the subject is more likely. People like you think that taking the guns from citizens will solve the issue, but it don't and never will. The only thing it does is ensure that criminals and cops are the only ones with access....backwards logic.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join