It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Whatever way you try to dress it up, they are made to kill, nothing more.

His logic still doesn't make sense.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by moonzoo7

the truth hurts.

like i said most don't seem to give a sh1t if a few dozen kids die as long as the adults get to keep their weapons.

a country of cowards that does not care about its children. sad.

That is just not true, but if you had bothered reading the other thread you would know how sad people are but that the incident happened in a locale where assault weapons are banned and one cannot legally purchase guns in another state and the school was a gun free zone.

The fort Hood shooting in Texas was obviously at a military installation and the guy yelled something that terrorists often yell. Only military died that day. Does your country have any military at all? Oh wait, aren't you in the States? I think you need to come clean here.

So how would you like to defend your position now?
edit on 15-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07 People 40 years old playing with airguns and cod. I thought that was kids up to 18 years old? Adults should be mature enough to act like adults with real guns.

being an adult has NOTHING to do with one's ability to handle 'real guns'. that's just macho baloney. being an adult is about maturity, life experience, wisdom and understanding. i've never fired a gun in my life and yet, what do you know, here i am - an adult. how'd that happen?

I think 40 year olds playing with airguns IS IMMATURISH!

If you don't want a gun then don't buy one.

People have a right to self defense whether it be cross bows, knifes, karate or guns. Guns are nothing special. A whole lot of fuss for nothing. I bet the rich are the ones who want to disarm people as much as possible cause they fear the backlash from all the financial austerity bs that is happening or will happen.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

trolling for stars, much sadder,

using a tragedy where children died to voice your criticism of a whole people.....cowardly, low.

You let the bile flow from your mouth on the rivers of my peoples blood. Jerk.

edit on 15-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Taking guns away in the US is irrelevant at this point. Due to the sheer number of weapons we have on the street anyone who wants a weapon can obtain one. Gun control only creates gun free zones for the people who do want weapons so it will simply make the problem worse.

At the same time though I don't think making everyone potentially armed is a solution either as it just means shooters will take precautions like making sure they shoot first (remember, they know what's coming the defender doesn't... therefore they get the first shot) and always shooting to kill everyone. In a situation like this school massacre not much would have changed but in cases of home invasions and such it's a large threat escalation.

Everyone likes to parrot their ideological solutions but really, there's no easy answer for these shootings. Even the idea of armed security guards is poor as it just means the guard gets shot first and then everyone else is defenseless.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by Swills

Mexico do not have the same robust social system as America.

Hell, half their police are controlled by Columbian drug cartels.

ALS

Nice try but mexico ALLOWS GUNS with restrictions. Canada allows guns with restrictions.

In mexico you can have any pistol up to .380acp but the suppliers are rather limited.

Mexico has not banned guns!

???

Because countries like Mexico that ban guns are doing so well . Bad people who want guns will always get guns.

I don't understand your reply, the above reply was made toward this post

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

using a tragedy where children died to voice your criticism of a whole people.....cowardly, low.

why do YOU keep bringing up stars. if a mod wants to take all my stars and give them to you i would be so happy.

see at the next mass killing thread for another chat. because as long as you people refuse to hand up your stupid guns more and more kids will be killed.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

reply to post by Swills

Mexico do not have the same robust social system as America.

Hell, half their police are controlled by Columbian drug cartels.

ALS

Nice try but mexico ALLOWS GUNS with restrictions. Canada allows guns with restrictions.

In mexico you can have any pistol up to .380acp but the suppliers are rather limited.

Mexico has not banned guns!

???

I don't understand your reply, the above reply was made toward this post

Because countries like Mexico that ban guns are doing so well . Bad people who want guns will always get guns.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I guess the truth hurts very much-hence the ad hominem attack?

I do not know if you are an American,an expat,an immigrant or a non-American. I really do not care.
What your are supporting is the dismantling of the Constitution of the United States.The 2nd Amendment of the
first 10-called the Bill of Rights.
This is not something to take lightly. To the religious it may be similar to saying we do not need all 10 Commandments. Or perhaps Habeas Corpus really is not that important,and a few lines on the Magna Carta were just for giggles ya know.

I feel bad for those kids and teachers and the families.I feel bad for 30 million Native Americans killed,I feel bad for the 1 million deaths we caused in Iraq.But we have a system in place based on that piece of paper,and that system with all its follies I would not trade for any other,nor trust the modern era of politicians to modify.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

your "concern" for our barbaric children is noted.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

why do YOU keep bringing up stars. if a mod wants to take all my stars and give them to you i would be so happy.

see at the next mass killing thread for another chat. because as long as you people refuse to hand up your stupid guns more and more kids will be killed.

I am still waiting for your explanation as to how you are able to bilocate. And if you live in LA you know that much of that crime relates to gangs. Why dontcha wanna come clean here?

edit on 15-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

My bad. I should have directed the reply to swills.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
OK so we've learnt that gun advocates will not willingly give up their guns, if i lived in the US i doubt i would either, so what other solutions to the high level of gun deaths and injuries do people suggest ? Personally i think the majority of deaths are probably within the black and hispanic comunities, who are on average a lot poorer. Maybe tackling other social issues, ie. mental health, distribution of wealth, confrontational macho attitudes, etc would be a step in the right direction.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
guns are illegal in Mexico
Look how that worked out o.0
Should we tell car corporations to stop making cars because a few idiots get drunk and then kill people?
sad situation
but no reason to take peoples rights
Guns don't kill people
stupid people do.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Any nation on our earth.. that does not support the same rights and freedoms as guaranteed by the United States Second Amendment, has a much higher percentage of being oppressed by there own government; or having the civilian populace being run roughshod over by another totalitarian government.
Look at how many times...a nation of shooter's --- well educated in the art of marksmanship ---- such as in the United States, had to go and help save other countries of the world --- because the civilian populace was not well armed and trained to defend themselves --- in times of imperialistic or totalitarian havoc.

It's the same way with crazed lunatic's all over the world, who will take the path of least resistance [an unarmed civilian populace] in order to achieve their maniacal ways of ineptitude; with unspeakable acts of unjustified horror.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 15-12-2012 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 15-12-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The law that says americans need guns to protect them selves was made in a time when there were wild animals living right next to you, and the police were miles and miles away, you needed to protect yourself because of this.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hollywood is responsible for the way our youth look at guns. The most popular movies have lots of killing with guns in them. This has been going on for generations and has only gotten more violent. The more killing,blood and guts in a movie the more money it makes. Hollywood created this monster. Hollywood should begin fixing it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

every place is different. Some places REALLY don't need our gun laws. In the US its different for practical reasons but ultimately it is our heritage. We deemed the right to defend ourselves and break the monopoly on force that authority has historically had as VERY important. We are a successful revolutionary country. We don't want to lose that, since it is something our founders entrusted to us. Our personal security is our right and responsibility.

It is a very deep cultural identity issue that we WILL NOT give up on.

Like the samurai sword in times of peace. It is more than a weapon. It is a heritage and a badge of honor. We WON our right to defend ourselves from a repressive rule. That is a historical first. The people demanded the right to use force as well, and it was honored.....IT IS BIG DEAL, to us. It works for us, and that is the issue.

It is our problem since it was our decision. We can deal with it, we think its worth it.

Might not be true for the rest of the world, and that is fine.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Why doesn't anyone make a big deal about car deaths and drunk driving?

Everyone has access to a weapon even if it be only a knife or baseball bat, yet we don't hear any outcry against that. We don't get the sensationalism attached here. It really does seem sensationalism exists only with guns and the ptb have an agenda to disarm the populace.

Should there be restrictions to guns? Yes but they should be reasonable. Extended magazines, short barraled rifles being banned is nonsense. Automatic weapons and armor piercing rounds should be banned however imo.

Banning something means there should be a really good reason behind it other than manufactured paranoia.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

reply to post by knowledgedesired

I guess everyone should just resort to stabbing each other like they do where your from.

Knife crime is a massive issue here in England but it is mainly localised to young gang culture. Can you imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't have gun control?

And I agree more work needs to go into finding the social issues of why this terrible crimes are committed.

ALS

The same way your knife crime is localized to young gang culture, our massacres are limited to nutjobs.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join