It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China School Knife Attack - Over 20 injured, including children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

China School Knife Attack - Over 20 injured, including children

www.cbsnews.com

"A knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for classes Friday, police said, the latest in a series of periodic rampage attacks at Chinese schools and kindergartens.

The attack in the Henan province village of Chengping happened shortly before 8 a.m., said a police officer from Guangshan county, where the village is located."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
abcnews.go.com

The facts:

At around 7:40am, a man attacked a group of people outside of the Chenpeng Village’s Wanquan Elementary School with a knife.

Min Yingjun, 36, is in custody for the attack. He is said to be mentally ill.

22 children have been injured, a few are said to be in critical condition. No fatalities recorded.

1 adult was injured, said to be an elderly woman.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Vilhelm because: Fact updates

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Eerily reminiscent to a similar attack in China about six years ago. Saw a brief mention of this on NBC before it cut back to the Newtown, CT shooting.

So far I can't find any confirmation of fatalities - hopefully there aren't any!

Just goes to prove that people don't need access to guns to commit heinous crimes. If somebody wants to do something like this, they'll find a way.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Jesus! What is it with today?? Kill innocent school children day???

My heart goes out to all affected. US and China

Sad day indeed

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vilhelm

If you do an ATS search there were a rash of these events only about a year or so ago. 3 or so if I recall correctly over like a 2 year period. The General member consensus at the time was pretty much mainly male frustration over not enough females due to China's one child rule and the culture favoring males.

The males were thought to be taking their resentments out against those who do have partners and children. The children became their focal point.

I don't know how realistic that theory is but it kind of makes sense in that respect.
edit on 14-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vilhelm

It takes a gutless piece of cow dung to do something like that to kids. What a waste of life.

I dont understand why people think that banning guns will change anything. Its perfectly obvious that people will go to any lengths to do what the want. I simply cant understand why people think that banning guns would make them dissapear.

If you want to blame someone other than the attacker, then you should probably blame society.

MOTF!

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by Vilhelm

It takes a gutless piece of cow dung to do something like that to kids. What a waste of life.

I dont understand why people think that banning guns will change anything. Its perfectly obvious that people will go to any lengths to do what the want. I simply cant understand why people think that banning guns would make them dissapear.

If you want to blame someone other than the attacker, then you should probably blame society.

MOTF!

Imagine how much worse this could have been if this psycho had had access to guns.

Oh wait on!!!! you dont need to imagine, you can see here
School shooting 1

Or here

achool shooting 2

I could link another 10 otr so from the last 15 years but I think you get the point.

Yeah guns are safe and as long as youve got a few in the house youll be fine

##SNIPPED##
edit on Mon Dec 17 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

reply to post by Vilhelm

MOTF!

Imagine how much worse this could have been if this psycho had had access to guns.

Oh wait on!!!! you dont need to imagine, you can see here
School shooting 1

Or here

achool shooting 2

I could link another 10 otr so from the last 15 years but I think you get the point.

Yeah guns are safe and as long as youve got a few in the house youll be fine

Wake up morons, guns are bad!!!!

..or had the school not banned teachers or the principal from owning guns maybe they could have defended themselves (both from the gun based killer and knife based killer).

The problem is society's morals. "Morals" you ask? Yeah...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I definitely agree that had there been a gun involved, there would undoubtedly have been more fatalities. That does not lessen the grotesque nature of what's been done this morning.

It's just sickening to think that twice in the same day there have been TWO elementary schools where children have been targeted by these monsters.

One of the articles says that China's lack of mental health care facilities could be partly to blame.

My heart goes out to the families of everyone involved, there and Connecticut both.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This terrible day is forcing me to state something that to me is completely obvious ; I believe man's primary job on this planet is to protect women and children .

I can live with males who fail at that mission , happens all the time , but when they go out of their way to HARM women and children then I think they ought to dealt with accordingly .

Ever notice how places of fairly high civilization where a significant percentage of the population are packing heat don't seem to have as many these problems ?
edit on 14-12-2012 by thudpuddy because: need to add something

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So it's not just in America. I don't know if that reassures me or disturbs me. Sad either way.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I would also like to add - this is not a thread for gun control rhetoric, although I did mention that briefly in the OP just to point out that people will find a way to do awful things if they really want to.

The Newtown, CT thread was frozen because it turned into a gun control debate, I would prefer to not see that happen here.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vilhelm

My apologies.

Chinese society is to blame as well as the knife weilding maniac. People who are pushed to the edge do horrible things. Something tells me that if there is a hell, it has reserved seats for these types of people.

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I've read the same theory, and it does make sense in a certain way. I wasn't aware of the one last year, I saw numerous posts in November of '04 I believe though. It's disheartening that all of this senseless violence is becoming so frequent.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Looks like you have a good idea!

MOTF!

LOL the law says you have to have one... unless you dont want one

Not in those words but thats the gist of it.

Crime rates in towns with less than 30,000 are low everywhere, it has nothing to do with that particular law.

So with the chinese slashing is there any inconsistancies in the reports yet? any mention of 2nd slashers?

Any word yet on a possible motive other than whats already been speculated on?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vilhelm
reply to post by SLAYER69

I've read the same theory, and it does make sense in a certain way. I wasn't aware of the one last year, I saw numerous posts in November of '04 I believe though. It's disheartening that all of this senseless violence is becoming so frequent.

en.wikipedia.org...(2010%E2%80%932011)

6 episodes in a little over a year.

The copycats came out in full force.

Let's hope there aren't any copycats from todays tragic spree shooting.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

As far as I know, they have the suspect in custody - a 36 year old male. Reports now are saying he is mentally handicapped.

My question is why target children? Why didn't he target the closest people around him on the street or something? Not that it would be better, it just shows a level of premeditation I think.

Also - noted from CNN - several children are said to be in critical condition; still no fatalities, thank God.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Vilhelm because: Addition

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
OP updated with all facts that are currently available. If anybody else finds additions, please let me know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join