It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Police indicated today they have "some very good evidence" about the motive behind Adam Lanza's massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School and said that the sole person to survive being shot by Lanza will be "instrumental" in the probe.

abcnews.go.com...

@Tecumte and TKDRL I agree is f'd

edit on 15-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

reply to post by TKDRL

It may not make sense unless you were in his head
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Still makes no sense........ It was ~10 years ago if he even went there, still don't make any sense why he would even be there to be getting in altercations in the first place, let alone shooting up the place. It kinda made sense when the story was he went there to kill his mom, and killed her class just because they were there, at least there was some connection enough for him to be there. Now there is nothing connecting him to the school, except maybe going there as a kid.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Lack of propper guidance is all im saying,even at 20 this is as much the parents fault as it is the boys,daddy didn''t get rich sitting at home around the dinner table showing love,respect and understanding..
you put in what you get out...

edit on 15-12-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Originally posted by ChesterJohn
has anyone noticed that the Aurora theater shooter,, the Oregon Mall shooter and this shooter all had psychological problems?

Do you find that hard to believe?

Anyone who could commit such heinous acts, is obviously %@$& in the head.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Tecumte

I still can't believe any parents allowed their kids to be interviewed like that...........

I guess it sells.

Maybe the parents were homeless in this 'new economy', living in their car and needed the money.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Once we hear more from the Sandy Hook Elementary staffer who wasn't at the school yesterday, but is the only survivor of those he was in an altercation with, we'll know more. I haven't seen this staffer's name released.

Maybe he went there looking for a job. Maybe his girlfriend worked there. We're not hearing much from the investigator's interviews with her either right now.

link   
As far as possible reasons why he would be in an altercation with teachers/aides at the elementary. If he was 20, would it not be possible that he knew some of these same teachers/aides that he and his brother went to high school with; and went on to eventually work at the same elementary they all went to school at? Or has this already been brought up multiple times.

link   
reply to post by unphased

This is my husbands childhood hometown and school-- he was stunned!
Small , very rural, very low crime rate... he is beside himself with grief-- just stunned beyond words...

We need to regulate ammo like we regulate OTC decongestants(anti-meth)-- I am a hunter as is my husband...
(I do not need a handgun to hunt-- handguns hunt humans, not animals)
NEVER needed a handgun to hunt in the woods, if you do, your motives are suspect...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

AND proper healthcare for the mentally ill-- something Obamacare will help in resolving...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Tecumte

I still can't believe any parents allowed their kids to be interviewed like that...........

I'm just dumb founded at every turn. None of this seems to be the slightest bit believable.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Originally posted by ChesterJohn
has anyone noticed that the Aurora theater shooter,, the Oregon Mall shooter and this shooter all had psychological problems?

Do you find that hard to believe?

Anyone who could commit such heinous acts, is obviously %@$& in the head.

True, I agree. But the motive is still unclear as in most of these shootings.Sure we can just say someone is off in the head, but Maybe too someone had an Agenda and used this person. Certainly wouldn't be the first (or last) time in history violence is used to carry out an agenda. I'll keep an open mind until I know more. We'll see how this tragedy is spun and that may provide needed details.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Tecumte because: text added

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Any old who, the MSM might well have said that the bodies were still in the school.
It seems the ID exams were done there and they are expected momentarily to move them to the
ME to determine cause and manner of death or they have recently already been moved.
By now, a couple more hours have passed, but I think he said that all of the bodies were still in the same position in which they were found, because it is still an open crime scene/ongoing investigation.

But it has now been over 24 hours. It's not like there is a Statewide Manhunt, or anything similar. They've had plenty of time, plenty of people. They kinda need to get on it.(if they haven't already.)

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

I've written a lot of posts so I'm still not sure what you are asking
about on that.
That↑ wasn't me. That was someone else.

But try again. Click this↓↓one.
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Every time I click it, a new tab opens up, which goes directly to the post.(no scrolling). It's a quite convenient time-saver. I don't know. Maybe it has to do with a certain setting.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by braunbear

Different people have different definitions of rural. I look at the satellite view of the area where the school and see that is surrounded by housing developments.
My 'rural' doesn't have housing developments. Not arguing, just saying that the definition varies.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I've been searching for info this morning on answers to the following and reviewing all the posts since last night. Can't find an update. Does anyone have the answers for me? Much appreciated.

~1 What happened to the story about the dead man in the NJ apt. originally thought to be Lanza's father?

~2 What happened to the story about the missing girlfriend and another girl?

~3 What happened to the story about the man in camo arrested near the woods?

~4 What happened to the story about the person dressed as a nun in a red van?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

you need to remember that the police did arrive minutes after the 911 call.. i think it was 6 minutes.. so other children in other parts of the school would not have had a good idea as to when the shooting started they just know it was scary and the police were there.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Could you link the sources

reply to post by BrokenCircles

Police said they have positively identified the victims and shooter but they are waiting to release the names until the medical examiner has finished work, expected shortly. The bodies have been moved from the school to the examiner's office.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't blame people for having open minds but what I do blame people for is silliness on a subject they may have only followed whilst it was unfolding on the news. I am getting so sick and tired of seeing people posting ridiculous comments about government conspiracies such as the 'government killing people on purpose so they can introduce new gun laws'. If I was a relative of any of these people who were murdered yesterday I would be truly offended by some of the comments in this thread. Not everything is a conspiracy.

People are already pulling videos from Youtube in order to strengthen their alleged conspiracies surrounding the event. What you have to remember is that the witnesses would have mainly of been young children. They will still be in shock and they will need psychological help. Just because they have been placed in front of a camera hours after the incident took place and have said 'XYZ' does not mean its true. More than likely as with many previous mass murder incidents in the past they will pick out bits and pieces as oppose to giving an accurate account. An accurate account will not come for days, weeks or months.

My thoughts and condolences go to everyone involved in this incident including all emergency service personnel as this will be a horrific crime scene.
edit on 15-12-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Please understand that I am not to the point of stating that this situation is a conspiracy nor am I to the point of saying it is more than what it is but there is one thing that I have noticed that I find interesting. In every video(I have seen) that anyone, children or adult, is asked what they experienced, they all state, as a matter of fact, that there were 7 shots fired(or other descriptive of the loud noises) then they kept going or they don't give a number at all. I know from experience that LEO are trained to count the shots fired but all these young children knowing it was 7?

If you hear what sounds like fireworks going off do you count the pops? Yet every child that says a number said 7! When in an excitable situation do you pay attention to how many repetitive sounds you hear? Maybe as adults we do but these are children. They hear arguing and screams coming from the intercom which in itself causes confusion but they take the time to count the pops?

They all must really love to count or they were told. At least that is how it sounds to me. Maybe I am just not seeing the right videos or something but would you please keep this in mind when you hear an eyewitness testimony from yesterday.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Also the person that was arrested where the kids were told to run to.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
I wonder what this was all about...

NBC’s Pete Williams reported Saturday on the Today Show that Adam Lanza was allegedly involved in an altercation at Sandy Hook Elementary School the day before the shooting.

Attempting to answer the question of why Lanza may have chosen this particular school, Williams stated that it has been confirmed now that Lanza’s mother did not work full-time at the school, despite previous reports.

However, officials told NBC that on Thursday, December 13, Lanza was involved in an “altercation” at the school which involved himself and four other staff members. Of the four, three were murdered in yesterday’s shooting spree and the fourth is currently being interviewed by federal and state investigators.

www.mediaite.com...

This guy:

Prior to joining NBC, Williams served as a press aide on Capitol Hill and at the Pentagon for a number of years. In 1986 he joined the Washington, D.C. staff of then Congressman Dick Cheney as press secretary and legislative assistant.[2] In 1989, when Cheney was named Secretary of Defense, Williams was appointed Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs, and served as Pentagon Press Secretary. While in that position as the Pentagon's principal spokesman, Williams was named Government Communicator of the Year in 1991 by the National Association of Government Communicators.

While serving as a Pentagon spokesperson, some in the press accused him of allegedly working to conceal certain military activities during the invasion of Panama and successful extradition of Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega, which was later featured in the documentary The Panama Deception. He was outed as a homosexual by Michelangelo Signorile.[3]

Yeah, they need to have him "discover" this new twist of a "confrontation".

We know some state senator tweeted how he attended a concert then also.
I suppose they want us to think that Adam went to some third grade Christmas program?

And a teacher suddenly recalled it, when they've been thunking and thunking how they were going to
tie him to this school after the mommy/teacher story fell apart on them?

Thanks for posting that.

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join