It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I would gladly give out info on the friend, but have been told to refrain from doing so.

However, I have a quick story for you. I had this friend once...his name was Josh Hartwell or something similar...been a long time so its fuzzy. Anyway, this Josh kid once told me he read a book by Hitler called Mein Kampf and I wasnt friends with him after that.

If'n it gets me banned, idc, some things are more important that being a member of a site. Namely, getting to the bottom of this, because it is our DUTY to those damn kids as HUMAN BEINGS.

Besides, with people clamouring for others to tell LE about weirdos with guns, Im only doing what a good sheep would.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMaster
reply to post by jefwane

Virtually the same and the same are comparing apples to oranges my friend. Everything I posted about Connecticut gun laws is straight from NRA.com.

While there many many reasons she could own such a weapon, one of those is hunting because it is illegal to hunt any game with that caliber in that state.

Im just using common sense here. Fact is, your thoery about how they "could be" the fathers is just that....a thoery...just like mine. Most older women just do not hunt. Most older women do not just purchase Armalite rifles.

The only thoery out of the plethora of ones floating around about her AR I feel prepping makes far more sense than this lady stapping herself with an AR15 and two 9mm pistols to hunt coyotes on the weekend lol.

I wasnt saying she hunted coyotes. however she could if she wanted to. i was just showing an actual reason to use/have these types of weapons in the world/available. everybody keeps wrapping the world up into one solution, which is to ban guns, or ban assault weapons. because their too lazy to discuss in detail, anywhere, about the actual problem, or an actual solution. the fact is, she could legally buy an ar-15, and legally own it. (from my understanding of the local laws) so under current laws, the fact that she has it is irrelevant to the event at hand. her purchasing it or owning it didnt cause the problem. her not securing it properly from some mental case, could be the problem though. so the discussion in the thread about why she should or would have the ar-15 is just pointless and dumb. unless she bought it illegally in a back alley somewhere, our time could be spent finding other info out. like maybe finding out how it was secured in the house, why/how the shooter had access to it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

A proposition for you:
I'll give you a useful tip, in exchange for an answer.
Deal?
....ok.good. [color=676767]lol

Me first:
I'm not sure, but I think I just heard Mr. Newsguy say that ALL of the bodies are still inside the school?' Did I hear him correctly?

Click theyellowish/green↓ part that states 'post by PaperbackWriter'

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by aivlas

If the people with "sources" at the scene with "inside info" could post that info it would be great

Which post are you quoting?
Can you be specific?

That is a link that sends you directly to the specific post that was being replied to.

edit on 12/15/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The situation with the recent school shooting is more about the deteriorating socio/economic/moral conditions and it's effect on our youth than it is about gun control,the more the economy struggles,the more crime there is and will be..
My heart goes out to the parents and survivors of this tragedy,

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Vasa Croe

For me, if it doesn't dislocate my shoulder, or drive a scope into my eye, the recoil is nothing

Ha! Isn't that the truth....scope in the orbital soket is one of the worst instant pains I think I have ever felt...right up there with accidentally kicking a metal table with the shin for me.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Where are the injured? How many people were injured, I have not read anything on that? Or did this kid managed to kill every single victim?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by timesacomin

I own many guns and I never advocate regulation. My thoery only stated that perhaps...PERHAPS, we would find out that she was a prepper and tptb would use that as propoganda.

You HAVE read the MIAC report correct? Preppers are terrorists. Yes, theres many reasons she could own it, but prepping is one of them, and actually far more feasible than shes a hunter. Its exactly why its called a thoery.

The AR was just a dangling question and I proposed a thoery...just as you did. Hell, for all I know she has heads of all kinds of game hanging on her walls, but until I hear that...Im entitled to my own opinions, as are you.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
anyways back to the actual topic.

has anyone complied info into one place yet? i keep having to go back through the pages over and over again to find details here and there. its getting annoying. like a timeline with all complied details or something? i know somebody has the time to do it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LipstickMystic
So how many posters here play violent videogames like Call of Duty, Black Ops 2 or whatever? I'm just wondering.

How many emulated murders have you personally committed over the course of your life?

Do you honestly think that stuff doesn't erode the soul, desensitize you to certain types of violence, and handicap your ability to experience true empathy?

I'm just wondering.

And I don't post this without reason. I worked in the mental health industry for a decade full-time and saw firsthand (this was circa 1989 - 1999) the gradual erosion of many (especially male) children's empathy, social skills, and mental concentration (attention deficit disorder suddenly appeared on the scene in huge numbers). Along WITH the coincidental rise in military style, excessively gruesome and bloody, online gaming and video gaming.

If you think these things are not connected, I have some swampland I'd like to sell you in Florida. If you're lucky, maybe the gators won't eat you.

i had to reply to this
i play CoD aswell as many of my friends
and a huge amount of europeans play it too
yet its still mainly the US that has these stupid a$$ gun rights

my heart goes out too all

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

His daddy was rich though.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MotherMayEye
Where are the injured? How many people were injured, I have not read anything on that? Or did this kid managed to kill every single victim?

I think only one was injured....a teacher. The rest were killed. It is quite amazing that the report only has one that was injured, though the initial report says over a hundred rounds fired. Due to some heroic people on site there were many that were saved from harm.
edit on 12/15/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMaster

I own many guns and I never advocate regulation. My thoery only stated that perhaps...PERHAPS, we would find out that she was a prepper and tptb would use that as propoganda.

You HAVE read the MIAC report correct? Preppers are terrorists. Yes, theres many reasons she could own it, but prepping is one of them, and actually far more feasible than shes a hunter. Its exactly why its called a thoery.

The AR was just a dangling question and I proposed a thoery...just as you did. Hell, for all I know she has heads of all kinds of game hanging on her walls, but until I hear that...Im entitled to my own opinions, as are you.

i apologize then. i took it the wrong way or misread it. I agree with you and i agree with preppers lifestyles. I also agree with your idea of them using it as propaganda against preppers. and yes i have read the report.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
www.wltx.com...

What the hell is going on with all of these recent shootings?

2 in Aurora
The school
Hospital
Las Vegas

Whats next?
edit on 15-12-2012 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Here are 2 of our local papers, they are constantly being updated as news come in.

www.ctpost.com...

www.newstimes.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Lol someone shot me a PM, asking how I seem to have so many aunts and uncles. My father was one of 12 kids, his family was also really close with his uncle's family, a family of nine. So on that side I have 11 biological aunts/uncles, and also 9 other people that I have always referred to as aunts/uncles, even though they are technically second cousins I think that makes them? Then mom has 5 sisters, so there is another 5 aunts. Hope that clears it up

link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

A proposition for you:
I'll give you a useful tip, in exchange for an answer.
Deal?
....ok.good. [color=676767]lol

Me first:
I'm not sure, but I think I just heard Mr. Newsguy say that ALL of the bodies are still inside the school?' Did I hear him correctly?

Click theyellowish/green↓ part that states 'post by PaperbackWriter'

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by aivlas

If the people with "sources" at the scene with "inside info" could post that info it would be great

Which post are you quoting?
Can you be specific?

That is a link that sends you directly to the specific post that was being replied to.

edit on 12/15/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

Clicking yellow-green didn't work for me. I've written a lot of posts so I'm still not sure what you are asking
about on that.

Any old who, the MSM might well have said that the bodies were still in the school.
It seems the ID exams were done there and they are expected momentarily to move them to the
ME to determine cause and manner of death or they have recently already been moved.

link   
reply to post by unphased

Here is an audio, if you havn't heard it yet:

news.sky.com...#

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
I hear all this talk about the second amendment and the right to have guns....just a thought.
With the amount of gun owners in the USA, when was the last time someone actually came blazing to the rescue Hollywood style and saved the day from a loony on a mission to kill...?
could someone post a link to said heroics...

I refer to the Azana Health Spa shooting in Brookfield, WI of 10-21-12 which left 4 dead and 4 wounded. The shooter at one point chased his step-daughter out of the building with the intention of killing her when he ran into two armed hunters, whereupon he retreated into the building and subsequently shot himself:

forum.prisonplanet...index.php...
poster 'bobkelso'
"...this really smells to me and all the interviews looked very fishy, especially the two fellas who supposedly pulled a shotty(shotgun) out and encountered the gunman."

www.facebook.com...
Reports saying a woman ran out and flagged down people outside. Three hunters saw her and approached the suspect, and (they) pulled out a gun. The suspect ran off and is at large.

------------------------

Originally posted by nowayreally
The 'purple van' was supposedly found with a group of 'armed men dressed as nuns' yesterday in Danbury and I can tell you that that did not happen- at least where the MSM said it did. I was two blocks away and there were no cop cars on or near that area.

Did you actually witness this? Or how did you hear about it?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by MotherMayEye

I think only one was injured....a teacher. The rest were killed. It is quite amazing that the report only has one that was injured, though the initial report says over a hundred rounds fired. Due to some heroic people on site there were many that were saved from harm.
edit on 12/15/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

Funny you should mention that. I was just doing some background on Vicki Soto.
She is a teacher who dove in front of the shooter to protect the kids, so I read.
I wondered how she knew that he wouldn't just shoot her and the kids anyway?

How did she determine that by doing so she was saving them and sacrificing herself?

Of course I made an attempt to see if she had a fb but already there were only tribute pages.
I saw this photo on one :
fotoforensics.com...

I says the photo was taken January 25, 2012. That looks like odd dress for Connecticut that time of year.
More like South American Summer.

How do I know this is who she is? There are oodles of people with that name.

Had the media and LE been more forthright in this case I wouldn't feel compelled to investigate every angle.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
To everyone.

This is not a crime, this is a provocation in KGB style. Since 1970-th Russians (civil and military intelligence) keep eye on mad people, who can be used as one-time executioners. In Russia a sophisticated method to provoke violent behaviour was used the first (as we believe) time to make Mathias Rust fly to Moscow and land in the square before the Kremlin. The aim was to displace the Defence minister. There was a casting among mad pilots in Germany who were able to response to such a provocation. The same method was used to provoke police colonel Yevsukov to shoot people in the supermarket in Moscow (in order to force people to support the Militia reform). And recently - to provoke Vinogradov, a drug store Rigla office worker to shoot his neighbours at workplace. The last action was aimed to revoke civil arms. As a FSB consultant I believe that in US this poor guy could act (or react) to a provocation. The aim of provocation is to draw attention of DHS to civil security and to postpone the invasion in Iran.

Ruben Iskandaryan

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89  90 >>

join