It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mistermister

The guy in the woods was cutting wood...no red van.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

If the people with "sources" at the scene with "inside info" could post that info it would be great

reply to post by MisterMaster

People need to stop the stalking, why are you going after his friend who has not been tied to this case? getting to the level of the msm reporting it was his brother.

edit on 15-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

Which post are you quoting?
Can you be specific?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

None in particular, are a few posts like it though.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Try google.
here is one to start with though.

excellent...i love it when someone kills someone else with a gun....maybe people should just man up and and stop hiding behind a piece...maybe the second amendment should be changed to the right to have pepper spray or a Tazer...or the paranoid and terrified of their own shadow should never be allowed to look at a gun.

Christ, 20 children were killed and all i hear is people defending their right to own a shoota.....those rights were written when the west was wild...changed days....move on and go get some treatment for the paranoia and the terror that seems to consume you....people kill people????.....change the record please....

Get some treatment? Most of these shooters are already being treated. Vaccinations can be the start, then meds to counter what the vaccination caused.
The second ammendment is about protecting ourselves from a tyrannical government.
This kind of thing seems to keep happening in "gun free zones". I hope that tells people something.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Listen, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Of course anyone can find a few vids of some old lady shooting a gun. Granted. However, I am coming with irrefutable FACTS here.

The main FACT is that it is ILLEGAL TO HUNT ANY GAME WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTICUT WITH ANY BULLET THAT IS SMALLER THAN 6MM. 6mm ammunition is classified as .243 or LARGER. .223 caliber weapons will get you a Federal gun charge if you are caught hunting or doing anything else besides staring at it in your gun safe.

Im done wasting my time with you dude. If you dont agree, its cool, but noone can say this chick was hunting anything with a rifle she cant hunt game with in her state.

Ignorance must be bliss...I wish I was as lucky.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
News release:STATE POLICE INVESTIGATE NEWTOWN SCHOOL SHOOTING

www.ct.gov...

Guns used have become standard in mass shootings

he guns recovered at the scene, two pistols and a semi-automatic rifle, are the types that have become standard weapons of recent mass-shooting incidents.

The two pistols, a Glock and a Sig Sauer, are popular with law enforcement officers and the military. The semi-automatic rifle, a variation of the AR-15 (which is itself modeled on the U.S. military's Vietnam-era standard M-16), is made by Bushmaster in Ilion, N.Y., near Utica.

The weapons were purchased legally by the alleged shooter's mother, according to reports.
www.ctpost.com...

edit on 15-12-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: additional information

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954

No they were not there..Geez

Oh so you dropped by for a visit to each home after?

I bet you never imagined when you joined earlier this year you would be a direct link to so many people affected by such a gruesome event.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Shes an older woman who absolutely cannot handle the recoil of a .223 who lives in a middle class suburb with no viable reason besides perhaps prepper material.

Did you know the lady? must of done to be able to say that.

Im done wasting my time with you dude. If you dont agree, its cool, but noone can say this chick was hunting anything with a rifle she cant hunt game with in her state.

Over one reply

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

LOL There is quite a bit of nonsense in your post about .223 and it needs to be addressed. .223 is virtually the same round as the NATO 5.56 it's recoil is much lighter than a common deer rifle like .30-30, .270 or .308. I've personally seen someone rest an M-16 butt AGAINST THEIR CHEEK and fire a couple of rounds with little more than a slight red mark.

I still haven't seen any evidence that the rifle in question was even used in the slayings inside the school. Seems like most of the carnage was carried out by 9mm pistols.9mm is one of if not the most common round for pistols worldwide. One of the reason is that it has reasonable stopping power and lighter recoil than other common pistols like .45 and .40, the size of the round also allows more rounds to be held in a single magazine than a .45

Due to the age of the victims,this massacre could have been accomplished with almost any caliber of firearm, a sword, or even say an F-150 jumping a curve and hitting the gas on the playground or at the bus drop off point.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
To all those talking about why the lady had guns.....not really sure why anyone is jumping to some huge "prepper" conclusion or conspiracy involved in this. I know plenty of people who own guns and two 9mm handguns and an AR-15 are probably the most common besides having a shotgun. Because those calibers are so widely used the ammo is cheaper than any other, except maybe .22.

There is also the great chance that these guns were initially her husbands which she acquired in the divorce in 2009 and simply put them up and never used them. Many people that understand ownership and laws tend to put their belongings in the wife's name and depending on how the divorce went she may have decided she wanted them just to be spiteful and never had a second thought about them once they were in her closet or safe or wherever she kept them.

They could very easily have been purchased by the husband prior to the divorce with the wife actually being the registrant. If the husband was a collector of any sort it would make even more sense.

Just because we are on a conspiracy doesn't mean the people in the news are preppers or even have sinister reasons for having these guns.....they are VERY VERY common....I have owned dozens of handguns and AR-15's over the years, as well as shotguns and rifles. I am not a prepper, I just enjoy shooting.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Why is what I posted considered stalking?? Wasnt everyone and their brother looking for information on these guys' social media minutes after they knew the names!??

There has been mention of a second shooter tons of times. Im not saying this kid had anything to do with it or even knew. Im saying its quite a coinkidink that this guys only subscribers were a kid who murdered 20 kids and his brother who fits into this whole thing somehow.

These brothers obviously liked the crap this dude was posting on his page. All of which was anti-everything and dealt mainly with guns and pictures of these guys together shooting them.

How anyone cant think there may be some sort of connection is blind as a bat.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMaster
Here is a bit more to muddy the waters lol.

One guy stood out to me. Friends with both and lives in Lakewood NJ.

Good researching, well done. Dilligence in this situation is useful and rare!

Strangely, only two people subscribed to his page....both Lanza brothers.

Seems a winner to me, very odd to have only two people on ones facebook, although, I havent got one myself.

What topics was this dude interested in you ask?
His FB page is full of only one thing...guns, pics of shooting guns, anti-government propogands, extremely violent statements, and hatred of the USA for trying to ban assault rifles.

Im interested to see if you can point to anything on the perpetrators profile that might echo this.

Some of this dudes favorite books are Nazi propoganda books from the 20's-50's

Hmm... seems to me that this fellow will be recieving visits from law enforcement at some point soon then. Any and all routes of enquiry are being explored in this case after all.

Included were the workes of Hesse, Hitlers Mein Kampf, Marx, just to name a few.

Not suprising given his preferences.

Fave games...D+D, Magic the Gathering, COD Black Ops

Fave games? Really? Let me just put things in perspective here.

Dungeons and Dragons is a table top role playing game. It involves preparing a character sheet with your characters attributes on, and rolling dice to determine the outcomes of encounters with big nasty creatures and so on.

Magic the Gathering is a trading card game, set in a fantasy realm. The cards are the creatures and warriors you control, and the spells and magical energy one uses to power them.

Both of these games are played primarily by people who have no physical capacity to do anything except become fat and bore people to death with the details of thier conquests.

And Call of Duty, in whatever format, is literally, the most boring wargaming expirience in the damned universe. It also is predominantly played by those whose physical ability to even think of LIFTING a firearm, is somewhat less than that of your average seven year old. If players of the above games started a war with an elementary school, the gamers would be butchered.

These then, have no baring on the case at all.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Virtually the same and the same are comparing apples to oranges my friend. Everything I posted about Connecticut gun laws is straight from NRA.com.

While there many many reasons she could own such a weapon, one of those isn't hunting because it is illegal to hunt any game with that caliber in that state.

Im just using common sense here. Fact is, your thoery about how they "could be" the fathers is just that....a thoery...just like mine. Most older women just do not hunt. Most older women do not just purchase Armalite rifles.

The only thoery out of the plethora of ones floating around about her AR I feel prepping makes far more sense than this lady stapping herself with an AR15 and two 9mm pistols to hunt coyotes on the weekend lol.

However, you just may be right...since a thoery is just that til proven so I will reserve making anymore arguments towards furthering this. We will just have to wait until all info is in

edit on 15-12-2012 by MisterMaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Where are you going with this angle? What is the point to it? That the AR being reported as hers was not really hers? That she bought it for the son to use? What is your line of thinking on it?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMaster
reply to post by timesacomin

I agree with your post minus a few things. She wasnt a rancher. There are no coyotes in Connecticut. She is not farmer. Shes an older woman who absolutely cannot handle the recoil of a .223 who lives in a middle class suburb with no viable reason besides perhaps prepper material.
I mean come on people...what makes more friggin sense here??? That this woman is an avid coyote hunter and does so with an ar-15 which has a recoil like a 16ga shotgun. Or she keeps it for a just in case scenario?

Seems you are reaching in order to disprove a simple thoery I posted. Ar 15's cannot be used for anything in the state of Conn besides just ownership. Please quit it with the nonsense please.

A .223 also has hardly any noticeable recoil. Guessing you have never shot one. One of the reasons the military uses these and people love to shoot them is because of this fact.....power packed in a very light recoil which allows acquisition of target rapidly even when in burst or full auto mode.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I respect your opinion as well although I am not a gun owner and have very little knowledge as to why one would need or want a AK whatever it is...so your opinion is probably better on that end than mine and you very well could be right.. but it's hard to say just yet how this will change our landscape politically we all just know it will.. like columbine did. When I went to school anyone could come and go.. now there are major security measures at every school in this nation. How this will effect everyone is yet to be seen..but I have no doubt it will.. fear = loss of rights on a lot of levels.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think after today people need to realize that humanity is not always as it seems. Not every person you meet is your friend, and not every person you meet is your enemy. But we still need to remember that these are PEOPLE. People with thoughts, feelings, memories, and morals. The only thing we ever really know as human beings is our own existence.. But that shouldn't limit our minds to our own immediate lives. People will carry on with their day to day lives unaffected, unscathed by actions of others. We take notice and say "oh my god" and then continue on with your miniscule ways. Is feeling enough? Are actions needed when one is approached with such a feeling?.. Not a whole lot can be done in most instances.. To express oneself over such a seemingly random occurrence almost seems pointless, unless it awakens a sleeping yet observant mind. I can only "hope" that the restless and grieving find peace in their long hard journey ahead of them. My condolences!

As a community member of ATS and a survivor of a school shooting (One of our members carried this act out) I can honestly relate to these people 100%. I know what they're going through, and it's going to be rough ahead of them. Lives will be changed forever, and people will be hurting for a long time. Trust me when I say this, a major positive will arise from the ashes in the long run.. Something so sinister and dark almost always burns inside someones heart who has been a victim of such an atrocity, eventually, they'll learn to use that dark feeling they have and better themselves or the people around them. As above so below, as below so above!

-L

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

No need to get snarky just because it was beyond easy to pull up an example, which you requested. This thread is not for discussing the 2nd amendment, by the way.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I agree, then again I have also been shooting since I was 8, so..... I have never seen someone that has never shot before use it and get their opinion on the recoil. For me, if it doesn't dislocate my shoulder, or drive a scope into my eye, the recoil is nothing

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join