It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women destroyed an advanced ancient civilization.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Men lose IQ points when around attractive women.

Does that mean if a man chases unattractive woman he will gain IQ points?

Attractive is a subjective point of view, so men will always chase "attractive" women but sadly no, I doubt we could gain IQ with chasing undesirable women

Maybe you should take this man's verrrrry intelligent advice!

edit on 14-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They're afraid of not being able to compete with women if equality ever takes place.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ShotGunRum

I had to confront that illogical line of thinking myself, when I got passed over for a promotion in favor of a single gay man!

But what is good for the gander is good for the goose.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangledbanner

Religion seems to be all about limiting the power of woman in society. Both the christian and muslim religions especially, have been used to keep women beneath men. I wonder why that is. I know christian religion has changed with a progressive society but it that wasnt always the case at all. Women had their place and religion seems to be about keeping them there. Eve ate the forbidden fruit.

As I might have mentioned elsewhere my suppressed woman is well into her masters in religious studies, and she tells me (or rather shoved me), that what we see as progression in Christianity is actually more of a reversion. In early church history a lot - if not a majority - of priests were women. And not only that, they also provided a lot - if not the majority - of the funding. Though still early on, it is not until sometime later the church becomes male controlled.

So basically, while your theory sounds entirely logical, it is flawed by the little known fact that women held an important place in Christianity until 'recently'. Also, Islam is arguably a spin off* of Christianity (and not Judaism as Islam recognizes parts of New Testament including Jesus, which Judaism does not) so one can say that the premise does not hold true for two of the major world religions.

*The premise of Islam is that man over time degraded, obscured and corrupted the words of Allah and turned them into such misguided (though not necessarily downright 'false' or 'evil') religions such as Judaism and Christianity. Then in around yr 600 Mohammed, the last prophet, receives the true and uncorrupted words of God, which were written down by the Sahabah, his disciples if you will, and that became the foundation of Islam. In short, Islam is 'religion done right'. Or a Christianity spin off, if you ask academics (and Christians).

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

The idea that a primitive or "former" matriarchal civilization once existed is a modern feminist myth. According to John Zerzan and Sherry Ortner, "no anthropologists or archeologists, feminists included, have found evidence of such societies.", "The search for a genuine egalitarian, let alone matriarchal, culture has proved fruitless."

Patriarchy, Civilization, And The Origins of Gender

True matriarchal societies were and are extremely rare.

Matriarchy (New World Encyclopedia)

However, I believe you are on to something which many have always wondered... Why did women become oppressed, what reasoning was behind it? To say that it was simply the nature of men or some other derogatory thing against men is, in my opinion, hogwash. Likewise, I would say that the same could be said for any theories which postulate that women have some sort of destructive nature. The fact is, we do not know "why" this happened and all theories are really mere subjective opinions which are usually largely based on our modern subjective perspectives.

I would suggest that perhaps it developed out of "technique", as it is defined by Jacques Ellul in his The Technological Society, and is therefore merely the byproduct of civilization itself - a civilization which seeks cold calculated materialistic efficiency over all other things. But that is just my subjective opinion.

Such a calculated technical society would undoubtedly seek to control its members and their reproductive habits (for the purpose of efficiency, order, and cohesion). In my opinion, the oppression of women was merely a product of The Beast or Machine we call civilization. It first domesticated women, then it domesticated men, and now that everyone is domesticated and The Machine is firmly out of our control, with a mind of its own, old methods of "control" are no longer necessary, as both women and men willingly submit to The Beast, if for no other reason than because they do not know how to live beyond or without it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

What a thought provoking post - thank you for your efforts. I like the graphic you posted at the top of your thread - the classic depiction of Eve in the Garden of Eden with the snake. I cannot help but think of the line I read that stated - and Eve listening or didn't listen - to a talking snake.

A talking snake - is that possible??? All I know is that I too have been brain washed into believing the story without question and now that I am in the awakened state I see the world in a different manner altogether.

Women have been suppressed so that men could 'enjoy' power and yes it took a long time for the contraceptive pill to give women the freedom of choosing to have babies. The womens lib movement was started by Greer after she was paid to focus her writings on her chosen topic. Now what that did was get women all interested in 'fighting' for their freedom. Women eventually got what they were 'fighting' for - equal opportunity - same pay for the same employment duties etcetera.

Women are even in the boardroom now (similar to bedroom just a different selection of vowels) and even preside as a CEO - however - they now have all the stress related health issues that come with the responsibility of positions of authority. This is exactly what the cabal/illuminati/whatever had aimed for - they wanted to make women focus on what they thought they were missing.

It is yet another comparison to eating from the tree of knowledge. Essentially the suppression of women is about men having the dominant role and in some societies it is taken to the extreme. Women and men need to get along. I know from personal experience some men are downright rotten and then I have known men who have been the abject opposite. To summarise - the chaos that ensues in society about the role of either sex is what was constructed and is what is dominating societal lives.

We both cry the same tears and bleed the same blood and that makes us equal - man, woman, child, animal - we are all sentient beings and we seem to have lost sight of our ability to get along. I wish we could all hurry up and get to the place where we sit down and remember how to get along.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Many Native American tribes were matriarchal.

Ownership of land, crops and animals belonged to the women. When men married he joined the woman's tribe and ownership was passed on to daughters not sons.

The men were the primary warriors but women could also be warriors. The warriors were considered the followers, not the leaders.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think women are more aware of the world around them than men are. Many men wish to keep things ordered and everyone in line, while many women are not effected by this cultural vision men have.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Honestly,

I love women. But to be honest they do tend to destroy stuff...Friendships, Family, Business, and more. Two guys like a girl, destroyed. A woman doesn't like your family...Destroyed. A woman wants to go in to business with you Destroyed. A woman supposedly ate the apple, sorry adam. A woman destroyed Troy. It's just known. The point I guess is to keep your woman satisfied (really) satisfied and she won't destroy you. lol. I can get in to soooo much but it happens. I even feel that women turn us in to assholes. When we are young and like a girl what does she do? Shoot ya down, or stomp on your heart. So what do we do? Become assholes so we can stop being hurt.

Don't get me wrong some guys are complete and utter assholes that beat women and treat them like crap. But some of us innocent men get transformed in to assholes for self defense.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NinjaKitteh

And that is why they were wiped out. Destroyed.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I honestly doubt that. I have 3 sisters that don't know anything about what is going on around them and they are educated. Moreover, I know so many women with their priorities screwed up. I attend college and maybe 1 out of 20 women there actually know anything about what is going on in the world or around them. The rest are to caught up in garbage.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Sad part is women don't want true equality. I don't see any women saying they will ask a man out, court them, take care of them, or anything of the such. They still want to be treated like ladies but they don't want to be treated like a man when it comes to responsibilities or relationship status. They want to be the queen but don't want to treat the man. If it's true equality then they have to lose all their dreams of being a princess cause we have never really been kings in today's society. We have less rights and equality than women at this moment. If you have kids and get divorced the mother gets alimony, child support and the kids. The man doesn't even have the option of getting the kids unless the mother is a crack head and has abused the kids.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fakshon

Sad part is women don't want true equality. I don't see any women saying they will ask a man out, court them, take care of them, or anything of the such. They still want to be treated like ladies but they don't want to be treated like a man when it comes to responsibilities or relationship status. They want to be the queen but don't want to treat the man. If it's true equality then they have to lose all their dreams of being a princess cause we have never really been kings in today's society. We have less rights and equality than women at this moment. If you have kids and get divorced the mother gets alimony, child support and the kids. The man doesn't even have the option of getting the kids unless the mother is a crack head and has abused the kids.

More often than not, it's the man that lives in the illusion that he's 'taking care' when in fact the woman is doing most of the work; all the dirty things, the chores, cooking, cleaning, sorting the bills, anything and everything the man doesn't want to do because oh he's tired after a long day of work when the woman also works, all the while tip-toeing around the utterly fragile ego a man has when it comes to needing to feel like the alpha animal.
Yep.

The thread isn't about that though. It's about some mythical civilization the OP thinks existed where women ruled and as a result the world was destroyed, and due all that, since that, women have forever been put into a generational penance of subservience for their crime in destroying the world.

That, of course, is not the case, but, that seems the jist of the OP.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Good post, but I think it was probably a lot simpler than all that ( Occams Razor ) men kept a close eye on their female because of sneaky guys impregnating their property. Lock them up and all that I suspect, so you can guarantee the kids are yours.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I think your first mistake might be trying to tie all this in with old stories that might have only their ignorance to offer as what not to do.

But im sure youll disagree.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Merriman Weir

It doesnt make it any less racist just because youre white and you said it......not only that......i could easily tell say something racist, and then claim to be a black man......you can be anything on the internet

Chris Matthews does the same thing constantly..........and hes white...........

You can try to marginalize me, or the fact what you said was racist and had nothing to do with the OP all you want by referring back to ATS and how were suppose to all be enlightened .......

Doesnt make the fact that what you said was racist, and off topic any less true

Of course it's relevant and on-topic. The OP starts a thread with a generalised statement: "Women destroyed an advanced ancient civilization" and his thinking is that some secret matriarchy we don't really know anything about (because there's no real evidence for it) provides the basis for how society now, and historically, treats women.

I don't see you calling him out on his unfounded sexism here. And yet, when I do point out a very real phenomena: that our governments, TPTB, the elite, the Bilderburgs, the Masons: the 'MAN' are also white, older and very rich, it's suddenly a problem and you feel the need to step in?

Oh noes! You can rail against the 'Man' on conspiracy sites like ATS, but the minute you flesh out the reality of these people (as opposed to claiming they're repitilians and so on) it's racist? Lolwut?!

So we can rail against the elite as much as we want on ATS, demand revolutions, talk about our best strategies when the SHTF because of the elites but we can't mention that they're white?

edit on 15-12-2012 by Merriman Weir because: .

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This thread is garnering too much attention.

Yes! One morning a woman refused to get out of bed early to help her child/man husband find his other shoe. He was late for work and the economy collapsed.

It was just domino effect from there.

Perhaps animals once ruled over humans, that's why we kill them. Perhaps whales used to harpoon us so now we harpoon them. Maybe mountains once clear-cut and strip-mined humans and now we're getting our revenge.

It's ok to accept that man is just a jerk.

It was an interesting although bong-induced thought, though.
You don't have to repeat everything your bong tells you.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It's all about peoples fear of the force of their emotions.
If you do not learn how to channle and master it, your emotions can seem to be a destructive force.
They are neutral- like gasoline is neutral, like nuclear energy is neutral! It can be beneficial or destructive depending on how it is manipulated.

Man has always been afraid of misusing energy, and with reason. Religions attempt to provide methods and systems for people to use to channel and give form and reason to their emotions. It is especially useful for the parts of the population that do not have a very strong "masculine" part - the intellect.

The woman and the man are within us each.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I think its a bit of latent revenge on men's mothers, boys get more stick than girls when young, so its payback time when boys become 'adults', plus a lot of jealousy, live longer than men (18 years longer on average) have more orgasms, the ladies can pick and choose who they date/marry, women can take more 'g's' so make better combat pilots, the list is endless!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

First of all, muslims and christians do not "subdue" women, because women are bad. But because of their own desires. It's the man, in these societies, that is the problem ... not the woman. But instead of looking at the problem objectively, the jealousy part of the man dictates that the woman should cover herself. So that "other" men, would not desire her. Not because she is inviting, but because MEN can't keep their penis in their pants.

Pardon the language.

Christianity, and religion in general are based upon some practial parts. That are taken out of context. The devil, is named Satan or Lucifer. Lucifer is latin, and means "bringer of light". Or the one, who brings light to darkness ... or the one, who educates the idiots.

So, here I am ... my name is Lucifer, and I intend to bring light up your ignorance :-)

Think of an ancient society, that has kings, and queens. And where the peasants work hard, to feed the kings, with their taxes. And the Kings and Queens, don't kill the peasants as long as they pay their taxes. Sounds pretty familiar to modern society, does it not?

And if someone came along, and educated you so that you'd understand that the King is merely a thief. Or tell your woman, that she doesn't really have to put up with the beating your imposing on her every day, that she can leave you and take someone else instead.

Now, I'm a really bad ... because the peasants, and your wife. No longer live in the darkness of their lives, and the King, and you ... have real problems.

That's why you hate me.

Has nothing to do with a God in the heavens, but the fact that Kings, Priests and abusive religions have preyed upon the minions, for thousands of years. And people like me, are evil, because we educate the people who are living with the darkness that is forced upon them. We, "enlighten" them ... bring light, to darkness.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join