It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomy Enthusiasts - Your help is needed to solve a problem relating to possible Dec 21st alignme

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Magnificent!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by NewAgeMan

On December 21, the Moon will be at First Quarter. It will be next to the Earth relative to the Sun. About as far from alignment as you can get.

Not according to this....

or this...www.tutiempo.net...

What do you mean by that? Can you elaborate and better describe the moon's orientation to the earth and sun. If it was lined up like I was hoping for in the OP it would be a full moon, and if in perfect alignment, there would be a lunar eclipse, right?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Anyway, here is a picture or 2 that I found interesting to share with you...

From the Sun...see what I see here?

The alignment you were asking for I think...

OMG!

Were you at all surprised by that result?

That's awesome! High FIVE!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The orbit of the moon is way different than I had thought. I read a bunch of articles about it and it sort of orbits around the earth more north to south than around the equator direction. It's weird because it doesn't match the tilt either. I would like to see a person in person moving a ball around a globe with reference to the tilt as it goes around something representing the sun. You just can't get a true visualization with the videos I have seen.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

From what I've seen it appears to gyrate all over the place like a stripper on a pole, all to mimic the sun in two ways, first by rising opposite to the sun at night, as seen from anywhere on earth and second, to ultimately mimic the winter and summer solstices at equal and opposite points, something only notable or significant from the perspective of an observer from earth. When we add in the eclipse coincidence and the fact that, geometrically you can perform a complex transformation called squaring the circle with the earth and moon's relative diameter, and we're looking at a cosmologically unique configuration, if not proof of intelligent design.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Anyway, here is a picture or 2 that I found interesting to share with you...

From the Sun...see what I see here?

The alignment you were asking for I think...

Hey could you elaborate on this, what software you used, what parameters, and precisely what we're looking at here, thanks. It's really cool, the galactic plane!

edit on 13-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Originally posted by rickymouse
The orbit of the moon is way different than I had thought. I read a bunch of articles about it and it sort of orbits around the earth more north to south than around the equator direction.

The inclination of the Moon's orbit relative to the ecliptic is only 5.1°.
It's orbit is inclined between 18 and 28° relative to the equator.

So, it does orbit "more" north to south, but it still orbits east to west.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

stellarium.org...'s is one of several programs available..I like it...the parameters of each picture are located at the bottom, field of view, location picture is taken from, time and date. At the top left it will tell you what is highlighted in the center of each picture.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
THIS LOOKS LIKE THE EYE OF HORUS...

edit on 12/13/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

What result do you find of such great significance?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

But when the earth is on the other side of the sun from the picture, the tilt is farther North/south than the second picture I assume. I tried to picture exactly what is happening with a ball, old globe, and a sun reference in the living room. There appears to be a big difference with relation to position around the sun. This should change tension on the earth with the seasons..

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

THIS LOOKS LIKE THE EYE OF HORUS...

What do you mean, the meridians?

Um, can you move to Sirius and look at our sun, and see if there's any sort of alignment from that direction? And if that's possible could you do the same for the star called Alcyone which is the brightest star in the Pleiades.

edit on 13-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh dear, Phage is here!

I was wondering when he would enter the discussion!

P

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

So you can formulate an opinion to ricky mouse but you can't figure this out? You seem pretty smart to me...are you just messing with me?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

What result do you find of such great significance?

Earth and sun forming an alignment intersecting the galactic plane at the moment of the solstice, I didn't think was true just more of all the 2012 hype, conjecture and speculation.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Wow are you having a really good laugh?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

So you can formulate an opinion to ricky mouse but you can't figure this out? You seem pretty smart to me...are you just messing with me?

I just wasn't sure if you were referring to the meridian lines (are those arbitrarily selected) or the grouping of stars shown, I wasn't quite sure what you were referring to when you said that it looked like the eye of Horus.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Wow are you having a really good laugh?

No no not at all I guess you were just making an observation about the way it appeared. No biggie, I just wasn't quite sure what you were referring to, or if I was missing something.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Seriously, just a miscommunication that's all, and I so appreciate your help here.

And btw I was "serious" about Sirius and Alcyone

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Um, can you move to Sirius and look at our sun, and see if there's any sort of alignment from that direction? And if that's possible could you do the same for the star called Alcyone which is the brightest star in the Pleiades.

From those locations, pointed towards the sun or from the sun, we may find the other alignments I'm looking for. Is it possible for your software to do that?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

It is 2012 hype. It happens all the time. In 2008 the solstice occurred at 12:04.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join