It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and my wife saw this as we got to our motel after a four hour drive.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Char-Lee

Interesting, the one I watched with binoculars each color was its own circle not one changing color A glob of circles each one color flashing.

I don't know which one you saw... The kind of image distortion depends on many factors. Turbulence, vapors or ice high in the atmosphere. The angle the star (planet) is viewed from. If it is directly overhead there is less atmosphere to view it through so less Twinkle. If a major metropolitan are or city is "over the horizon" and a star low on the Horizon sits above that...

Zooming in out of focus or in focus...

Star gazers know the best time to view the heavens is predawn when the earth is cooled from the heat of the sun and the city industry and lights. Atmosphere is more steady then and the clearest, most steady viewing will be directly over head at that time.

Edit: Try it some time. I love it when I go outside early in the morning and look up. If the sky is clear, the firmament is rock steady, the background jet black and the stars are solid white points of light.
edit on 14-12-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

I often do just that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by SpaceBoyPluto

Not the ISS...you'd know if you saw the ISS...it's bright white, and moves across the sky very quickly.

Too big for a satellite.

Not a helicopter, or a bird or a Harrier jump jet.

Yep, it's a UFO.

Nope, not the ISS. Heres what that looks like. Best viewing at a few seconds in...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
its just a star, even 5 year olds know all starts change color like this

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You guys have to realize how crappy camera phones are.

Imagine this object in the video 10 times bigger.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
nice vid sir. There really are a lot of UFOs out there. I havin't seen a blue one but plenty of white ones. i live in BC canada. Lots of weird stuff here. Im gunna post in forums once i reach 20 posts about my experiences. I want answers.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The Mayans are coming The Mayans are coming!
Blurry video, i dunno what it is, but if I had to guess, if it really is a UFO, probably a government drone.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I hope you'll be looking again tonight and let us know what you see.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by robwebbjr

Don't listen to the stupid debunkers, these things are not stars and they're all over the place.
This
www.youtube.com...
is from Canada, I think. And I see them regularly here in California.
I'm thinking they might not be physical objects, but maybe light show type projections from who knows what source. Maybe a Project Blue Beam or somthing.
And then there are these
www.youtube.com...
which I've also seen around here and which I suspect may be the day time version of the scintillating lights we're discussing.
Anyway, just know that you're not nuts. Or. at least if you are, there are lots of other nuts with you.

Driving home last night in North Texas I saw some hoverstars too. Not quite helicopters, there were three or four of them out on Thursday night, working together. On one occasion, at night, I saw faint beams of light coming from them, and they were hitting every car on the freeway, like scanning for faces. Gee whiz, I hope they weren't mind reader things. You know those ancient superstitions that cameras take your soul? Well some of thee modern terahertz scanners actually go right through everything, taking a digital copy of what they get. The biggest question is, what are they looking for?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

That's part of the UFO Fleet that has made it to the Earth. Re-search SETI discovery of Fleet of UFO's heading towards Earth. SETI funding was taken away and the US Navy took over their equipment. SETI is now back up and running and there is not allot of information on the internet about this subject. I saw some in the sky last night, and everyone laughed at me!! LOL..I was standing outside and just looking up amazed!! My Family runs from me at the slightest discussion about UFO'S or Alien issues. They did have a little fun with me and told me to get in the house before the Aliens take me again.

I don't have a camera on my phone. I like my plain little simple phone. Anyway, Great Footage!! What State was this taken in?

Amy in NC

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by robwebbjr

Same issues going on in NC

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with Deadseraph. Probably a star, the earth is continually rotating in space and were riding on this big rocky beast while it does it.

Could be a space station too, or a satellite.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

This was recorded in Florida.

I've been looking up in the sky for about an hour, nothing yet.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
I think it may be the space station. It gives off a blue and red flash like that.

riiiiiiight....

sorry I've NEVER seen any you tube vids that show this..

and SS aren't that low in the atmostphere .. and don't have that much power to be blinking blue and red..

nice try but NO cigar ~!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by mcx1942

Yep. Planets do as well. Nice vid though.

Planets do not twinkle the way stars do. In fact, this is a good way of figuring out if a particular object you see in the sky is a planet or a star. The reason is that stars are so far away that they are essentially points of light on the sky, while planets actually have finite size. The size of a planet on the sky in a sense "averages out" the turbulent effects of the atmosphere, presenting a relatively stable image to the eye.

ufowisconsin.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

An interesting thing, all the places I am reading, say the twinkling (scintillation) is stronger as the star is low on the horizon, yet both that we saw were very high in the sky.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by mcx1942
I think it may be the space station. It gives off a blue and red flash like that.

riiiiiiight....

sorry I've NEVER seen any you tube vids that show this..

and SS aren't that low in the atmostphere .. and don't have that much power to be blinking blue and red..

nice try but NO cigar ~!

This site makes it sound a lot like what the object would be.How To Spot Satellites

The International Space Station (ISS) is by far the biggest and brightest of all the man-made objects orbiting the Earth.

On-orbit construction of the station began in 1998, and is scheduled to be complete by 2011, with operations continuing until around 2015. More than four times as large as the defunct Russian Mir space station, the completed International Space Station will ultimately have a mass of about 1,040,000 pounds (520 tons) and will measure 356 feet across and 290 feet long, with almost an acre of solar panels to provide electrical power to six state-of-the-art laboratories.

On favorable passes, it can appear as bright as the planet Venus, at magnitude -4.5, and some 16 times brighter than Sirius, the brightest star in the night sky. Some have made estimates as bright as magnitude -5 or -6 for the station (smaller numbers represent brighter objects on this astronomers scale).

And as a bonus, sunlight glinting directly off the solar panels can sometimes make the ISS appear to briefly "flare" in brilliance to as bright as magnitude -8; more than 16 times brighter than Venus!

edit on 12/15/2012 by mcx1942 because: edit

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

The very best viewing circumstances are those that take the ISS on a high arc across the sky about 45 to 60 minutes after sunset, or 45 to 60 minutes before sunrise. In such cases, you'll have it in your sky upwards to four or five minutes; it will likely get very bright and there will be little or no chance of it encountering the Earth's shadow.

www.space.com...

The video does not appear to be consistent with the info in bold text above.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Hi spaceboypluto,

I wish I would have this kind of sighting myself.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Huh? That's bizarre. I'll have to find that book and quote it. It basically says when low in the sky planets shimmer blue and red. Might be an older book though. Thanks for the info.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

Huh? That's bizarre. I'll have to find that book and quote it. It basically says when low in the sky planets shimmer blue and red. Might be an older book though. Thanks for the info.

You will find it says that pretty much everywhere.

It’s pretty tough to figure out which objects are stars and which are planets just by looking for the twinklers vs the non-twinklers. But if you can recognize a planet in some other way, you might notice the steadiness of its light by contrasting it to a nearby star.

earthsky.org...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join