It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and my wife saw this as we got to our motel after a four hour drive.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by robwebbjr
reply to post by Druscilla

Hmmm...
I thought one of the virtues of 'the cloud' was that everything could be tied in together.
If TPTB don't want us knowing what they're doing right under our noses (or over our heads), I'm pretty sure they would find a way to make the obvious disappear.
And yes, I am insinuating that these objects are possibly to do as much with military/industrial as with strictly alien.

Seems like a lot of gubmint resources to devote to the debunking of the OP's sighting.

Multiply that times everyone who ever saw a light in the sky and it's no wonder the deficit is so high.

Those crazy, wacky PsTB.

Starkle-starkle little twink... what the heck you are I think.
edit on 14-12-2012 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I think you guys would think differently if this was recorded with a decent camera. This was huge, and my android camera makes things in the sky 20x smaller than the actual size. I mean, I recorded the supermoon with this camera and it made it the size of a quarter.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
I've seen stars that look EXACTLY like this. Same colors and everything. While I love being called a "debunker" (I actually have a fairly open mind), this footage appears to me to be a star.

Me too! I actually will look at the sky quite often hoping to see another because the colors can be quite vivid (as they clearly were in this video).

First time I saw one I thought it might be a spaceship - but also thought it was seemed more or less motionless. I later found out that the phenomena is actually quite common. STAR!

(And there have been many threads posting similar sightings with all the usual discussion. I don't know if anyone remembers but Lindo Moulton Howe once appeared of Coast to Coast AM with a guy who was taking pictures of these "spaceships changing color and hovering in the sky, like a star". Due to motion of the camera, the pictures looked like little squiggles. Linda Moulton Howe published the photos on her website in an article claiming the photos were "alien writing". Believe it or not)
edit on 14-12-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I saw that same thing the other night. I thought is was a very fast plane at first but it was WAYYYYY to high up in the sky.. I guess the Space station is the best explanation.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBoyPluto

You ever here the song twinkle, twinkle little start? Stars twinkle...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Yep. Planets do as well. Nice vid though.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceBoyPluto
Stars don't give off these kinds of lights to the naked eye.. you could see all of these pulsating lights with your eye..

Scintillation - (Astronomy) the twinkling of stars or radio sources, caused by rapid changes in the density of the earth's atmosphere, the interplanetary medium, or the interstellar medium producing uneven refraction of starlight

Although it's more pronounced with the summer heat as opposed to winter.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Look, I know stars twinkle, but I didn't know it had a variety of different colors like green, white, blue, pink, red, and all the other colors in this video.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Could be mercury, Jupiter, Mars, Venus, etc....a planet other than Nibiru

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Helium balloon with LED flashing lights inside is my guess.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Now, I know what you're all going to say. Before you guys judge, this was recorded with my android phone and the slightest movement shakes the whole screen. I apologize. Now, I dismissed the fact that this is a helicopter or plane because at the end of this video, you see a helicopter go by and you can hear it.

To make sure this was not a star, I went inside and went back out twenty minutes later. It was in a complete different position. I did it again, twenty minutes later, it moved again. Then I did it one more time, and when I went outside, it was gone.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Looks like a star to me. You do realize 20 minutes is a sufficient amount of time for a star to "move" relative to your position on the earth as the latter rotates?

Stars don't give off these kinds of lights to the naked eye.. you could see all of these pulsating lights with your eye..

I assumed it was a planet or something, I have seen it twice, both times it was stunning. I called my husband and he said it was a star. The first time I saw it was the night the meteorite hit by San Francisco and we saw one come down in the same direction this was sitting.

It certainly is a beauty and with binoculars it looks like colored balls all sitting together pulsing but not connected.

Saw it again a couple nights ago, it was very cold so i didn't stay out and watch to long even though I wanted to.

The odd thing is I am in my 50's why haven't I seen any like this before, I am in the country perfect star gazing area and always have been and love looking at the night sky. First times i have seen these colored bubble groups so beautiful pulsing at me.
Perhaps changes in the atmosphere have changed the appearance of some bright stars.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Look, I know stars twinkle, but I didn't know it had a variety of different colors like green, white, blue, pink, red, and all the other colors in this video.

The refraction through an atmospheric medium can make the star appear to change colors. The individual wavelengths are refracted in slightly different directions. I'm not saying that's what you saw, I wasn't there so I don't know, but going off the video, that's what it looks like.

I do know there is strange things in the sky, about 3 weeks ago I saw an blinking object hovering over my house, silent, and moving back and forth. I pointed it out to another person with me and couldn't figure out what it was. My best guess is that it was some type of drone, but I couldn't see it that well, even with 80mm binos. It would blink a white pulse every 20 seconds. I stayed out there for a good half hour looking at this thing before the blinking stopped.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Sorry if someone already brought this. I didn't read 4 pages to find out.

The scientific term for "twinkling stars" is Scintillation.

Atmospheric turbulence causes it. The effect is more pronounced just after sunset when the earth is still shedding the suns heat. The lower the star is to the horizon the more atmosphere between you and the object, the more it "twinkles". The color changes are because full spectrum of light is broken down like shining light through a prism.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
It is the star Sirius... as another poster pointed out.

There have been a number of threads asking this very same question since I've been a member here, people asking about what that bright multi-coloured flickering light is in the sky towards the east. It always ends up to be Sirius.

It's literally the brightest star in our sky, and will eventually get even brighter because it's heading towards our galaxy and will take about 60,000 years to reach its closest pass by us.

Some info to explain what you're seeing:

Although white to blue white in color, Sirius might be called a rainbow star, as it often flickers with many colors.

The brightness, twinkling and color changes sometimes prompt first-time observers to report Sirius as a UFO. But these changes have nothing to do with Sirius. Rather, they are what happens when such a bright star as Sirius shines through the blanket of Earth’s atmosphere. The light from Sirius, which often appears fairly low in the sky from the mid-north latitudes, passes through a long column of air before it reaches our eyes. Changes in density and temperature of this air affect the light and cause the flickering and shimmering we see when we gaze at this star. This happens for other stars, too, but it is more noticeable for Sirius because it is so bright, and because it appears low in the sky.

From the mid-northern latitudes such as most of the U.S., Sirius rises in the southeast, arcs across the southern sky, and sets in the southwest. In December, you’ll find Sirius rising in mid-evening. By mid-April, Sirius is setting in the southwest in mid-evening.

Earthsky.org

It sounds right but I saw it two nights ago in the North sky about 10PM CA coast.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
I can't help but reply to this. I seriously think I'm getting too old for this site now and should consider leaving. The video is quite clearly a star. Whether it is Sirius or not, I can't say for certain as I don't know where Sirius was in relation to you on that night. I can say with some certainty however that it is consistent with Sirius or any other bright star.

For those who say stars don't pulsate or change colour like that, you either live in a city with too much light pollution to make it obvious or you are purely in favour of a more ET explanation. I live in a city with relatively good night time visibility and can tell you that on a clear night, MOST of the stars in the sky 'twinkle' (ever heard of a child's song relating to the twinkling of a star?) except for some of the fainter ones and the 'stars' that are actually planets although Venus also sometimes looks to be twinkling.

to the OP, 40-60 minutes is sufficient time for a star to move across the sky significantly. Whether it disappeared or not or simply moved out of your line of sight, we will just have to take your word for but I am guessing it was still there somewhere, maybe behind a tree or a building. I know you aren't claiming that it is a UFO so I'm not having a go but you are suggesting it and many misguided members are jumping on the rather tiresome "it's definitely not a star" band-wagon with no evidence to suggest otherwise. THEY are debunking the truth, the so-called 'debunkers' such as myself are the people with knowledge of what is going on around us with the means to back up our suggestions. Knowledge is power, education is priceless.
edit on 14-12-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

I am a star gazer in the country and probably as old as you and I can say the object being star or not has not looked like this in the past. The star does a lot more then "twinkle". I am thinking atmosphere changes may be the cause, but this thing is out of the ordinary.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just think if everybody downloads the APP? thingy....and we all use it regularly when trying to determine if weve spotted something.....
The ECHELON, will pick it all up and theyll have a perfect chance to co rellate all that input down in UTAH.....!
I wonder if they plan just such close monitoring?
That way THEY can keep tabs on the Space Brothers.........
Stay away from the APPs my son..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by chrismarco

Sorry if someone already brought this. I didn't read 4 pages to find out.

The scientific term for "twinkling stars" is Scintillation.

Atmospheric turbulence causes it. The effect is more pronounced just after sunset when the earth is still shedding the suns heat. The lower the star is to the horizon the more atmosphere between you and the object, the more it "twinkles". The color changes are because full spectrum of light is broken down like shining light through a prism.

Interesting, the one I watched with binoculars each color was its own circle not one changing color A glob of circles each one color flashing.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If you thought it was a something out of the ordinary why would you go in and go back out, even if it was to check its position? If I saw something unexplained floating in the air I would brave arctic winds to watch it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBoyPluto

Not the ISS...you'd know if you saw the ISS...it's bright white, and moves across the sky very quickly.

Too big for a satellite.

Not a helicopter, or a bird or a Harrier jump jet.

Yep, it's a UFO.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Interesting, the one I watched with binoculars each color was its own circle not one changing color A glob of circles each one color flashing.

I don't know which one you saw... The kind of image distortion depends on many factors. Turbulence, vapors or ice high in the atmosphere. The angle the star (planet) is viewed from. If it is directly overhead there is less atmosphere to view it through so less Twinkle. If a major metropolitan are or city is "over the horizon" and a star low on the Horizon sits above that...

Zooming in out of focus or in focus...

Star gazers know the best time to view the heavens is predawn when the earth is cooled from the heat of the sun and the city industry and lights. Atmosphere is more steady then and the clearest, most steady viewing will be directly over head at that time.

Edit: Try it some time. I love it when I go outside early in the morning and look up. If the sky is clear, the firmament is rock steady, the background jet black and the stars are solid white points of light.
edit on 14-12-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join