It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another gun killed a person

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just another reminder that if one wants to kill himself or others making guns illegal won't stop him. In this case he was in a building where guns are prohibited. Few days a go somebody executed a man in broad day light in busy Midtown Manhattan where guns are illegal.

Sad stories but people should not forget that guns don't kill... people do.

Man who fatally shot himself inside the Hugo L. Black U.S. Federal Courthouse this morning has been identified.

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A man who fatally shot himself inside the Hugo L. Black U.S. Federal Courthouse this morning has been identified. The Jefferson County Coroner's Office identified the man as 50-year-old David Lee Williams. Williams was the director of building services for the federal courthouse. Authorities said Williams walked into the office of U.S. Clerk of Court Sharon Harris and shot himself in the forehead. Lawmen have not said what led up to the shooting, or whether there was any conversation between Williams and Harris before he killed himself.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

More free will choices to ponder...this person chose to end their own life..it is sad very sad...and there will be those that insist he didn't do it by choice.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33 Lately there has been a few different threads about FREE WILL. I decided to try a different approach to this theoretical discussion. Here is a gun...
Here are some bullets...
How do the bullets get in the gun? ...How did the gun fire a shot? Did the bullets will themselves to just shoot...
BAW33

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Exactly! Laws that restrict our lives/freedoms do not apply to those who decide not to obey they law. Go figure.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

It may be the person itself that chose to shoot, but a gun is still a tool that provides this action to happen. Therefore all guns should be banned, at least for public use, everywhere! But that is whish full thinking! It does do more bad than good. The gun could have also hit someone else!

edit on 13-12-2012 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If someone wants to kill themselves then it doesn't matter whats restricted to them as they'll find a way even if it a bottle of whiskey and a 1000 pain killer tabs and i'm sure theres even easier ways around such as connecting yourself to the mains and flicking a switch so really all the gun is is just the method the person used to commit the act

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Last year over 300,000 guns where stolen in the u s a.
That is 300, 000 guns in the hands of criminals.
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Those bullets won't fit in that gun

But I totally agree with you.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizenoftheworld

It may be the person itself that chose to shoot, but a gun is still a tool that provides this action to happen. Therefore all guns should be banned, at least for public use, everywhere! But that is whish full thinking! It does do more bad than good.

Not sure if you're trolling or not but by the logic above, you can ban the following items as well.

Bow & Arrows
Cars,
Butter Knives,
Fixed blade boot knives,
hatchets,
axes,
power drills,
saws - power and hand held,
flat head and philips head screw drivers,
awls,
rope,
cement,
socks and doorknobs,

I hope you get my point.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

That you agree with me is fine, that you find your comment funny is disturbing.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Nuff said!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Absolutely correct, the very act of killing anyone is possible many different ways, lets just be thankful he didn't kill anyone else with any other methods available to him.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

Ahhh yes, by this reasoning every knife must be registered, every large rock that could cause harm be removed from all public spaces and everybody's hands must be kept in bubble wrap at all times. I'm sorry but guns only do what is asked of them by their user. Don't let the media distract you. I've been around guns my whole life and I have yet to see any of those guns kill anyone. The same can be said about my extended families guns. The way I see it, I can just as easily be killed by a screwdriver as I can be by a gun.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It may be the person itself that chose to shoot, but a gun is still a tool that provides this action to happen. Therefore all guns should be banned, at least for public use, everywhere! But that is whish full thinking! It does do more bad than good.

Please note that it is not a gun sticking out of his chest.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

It is not about the method...I can find many graphs to show different statistics, how about this one, gun control is not the issue, stupidity is.... here is my graph for you...

The number of stupid deaths of any kind period is 100% out of 100%.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

People kill people period right. By any means available.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Condescending Wonka: Your Argument is Invalid.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Listen here. I own plenty of firearms and this has to be said: Not everyone is entitled to own a gun, people with a propensity to break the law and violent people should never be allowed to own guns period. I don't care about your right to bare arms as part of your Constitution because that was written in an age when people had generally a higher moral standing and doing the proper thing was taught.

These days you have all kinds of idiots doing stupid and dangerous things under the influence of modern cocktails of drugs that alter an individuals thought process, that coupled with the lack of common decency.

I don't want any idiot to have a gun, there has to be some kind of vetting to see if you are a fit and proper person who could be trusted and not just rock up to the store and buy what ever you want.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marvinthemartian
Last year over 300,000 guns where stolen in the u s a.
That is 300, 000 guns in the hands of criminals.
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

It means that 311,291,917 law abiding citizens need guns to protect themselves.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenoftheworld

If you take away peoples' right to have guns, the only people who will have guns are criminals.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

It may be the person itself that chose to shoot, but a gun is still a tool that provides this action to happen. Therefore all guns should be banned, at least for public use, everywhere! But that is whish full thinking! It does do more bad than good. The gun could have also hit someone else!

edit on 13-12-2012 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

a knife is a tool, a rope is used as a tool, cars are tools, medicines are tools, a screwdriver is tool, baseball bats are a tools, crowbars are a tools, poisons are tools, how many other tools can i name that have been used as a weapon. should we ban all tools or the one people just don't like.
edit on 13-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join