It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another gun killed a person

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by Cosmic911

I have spent plenty of time around these weapons, as almost everyone I know is law enforcement. They are all issued them and carry them all the time.

As to the safety issues...
As I posted above, the manufacturer itself stated in an internal document that they were aware of the problems. They hid the documents relating to the matter, when they should have been turned over to the court on at least one occasion. On top of that, they have been quietly settling out of court with folks to keep this out of the press.

No offense, but I'm going to believe the internal documents of the manufacturer and designer over a fan and owner every day of the week.

Oh, you have friends who are cops, well why didn't you just say so. My mistake. Manufacturers settle out of court because dead kids = bad press. It's easier for them to make a payment. It still doesn't change anything that I said about the safeties, the triggers, and stupid gun owners. And this "fan"/veteran carried a weapon during every deployment and still carry everywhere I go so you could say I'm intimately familar with my firearms.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

I own several Glocks. No problems here. I CCW also. No "internal malfunction" will cause a death if people obeyed the rules of firearms handling.
1.All guns are always loaded.
2.Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3.Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
4.Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
Does not matter if the safety is malfunctioning...stick to the above and there will be no "accidents." (I don;t believe in accidents anyway, there are just various levels of negligence.)

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join