It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone in SE Wisconsin been hearing boom/explosions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I have been in the milwaukee area for about a week on business and been staying with a friend. Last few nights I've been getting woken up by what sounds like the concussion of an explosion. Not only can you hear the sound but it is shaking the windows. It's an older building so the windows sort of rattle in the frame and you can really hear them shaking when this sound happens. I have heard the stories about all the earth Booms etc and i am 100% this isn't just normal industrial noise. Anyone else been hearing anything similar? Haven't been able to find anything in the local news point to explosions.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by onfire49

Maybe it's those underground bunkers and tunnels the government have been building. Food for thought

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Sounds similar to Clintonville booms, but those booms were heard and reported by many people. Although, if you are in the big city people may write it off as industrial noise. Has your friend heard them too? What about neighbors?
edit on 13-12-2012 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

I've never heard of those type of bunkers out this way.... But they are building a lot out this way, just above ground tho haha

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Yea that's what I thought about clintonville too. Could be that no one pays attention cause of the noise but these are certainly doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard beside something blowing up. Don't know any of the neighbors but my friend did hear the one last night. We both thought something blew up and jumped out of bed.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

It's probably nothing since no one else is reporting anything. You should look for other people hearing it or search out where the noise may be coming from if you hear it again tomorrow morning. Last year when there were so many reports of the strange sky noise, like a metallic sound. I heard something loud echoing throughout our town, Wausau, so a week later my wife and I heard it again. It was loud and metallic coming from the sky and it was creepy, it was also accompanied by a sound like a wind chime. We went looking for the source, and sure enough, we found it. A railyard. They were banging the cars into each other to lock them together. I feel for the people who live near that cuz it was loud.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I would be interested to figure out what could be causing the concussive wave to shake the windows. Not the wind as when it is windy the windows only make a low rattle and is more sustained type of shaking. Also the explosion or boom sound seems to be far off, we both thought it sounded like it had to be atleast 8-10 blocks away if not more. We did some experiments after work and couldnt really replicate the rattling of the windows on one window much less all of them on different sides of the building. Interesting enough a big semi hit a dip in the road about an hr ago and it rattled on the street side of the building but only probably 10-20% of what we have heard and felt when we heard the boom. Only thing I can imagine that would keep people from reporting it is there is a train yard or something near by that causes some collision sounds, but again these barely rattle the windows if at all. Also the pitch and the duration of the sound is much different then the mysterious boom.

top topics

join