It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still no snow here in Eastern Canada.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
No complaints here. Supposed to be 3 degrees this afternoon. I'm going for a jog.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Checking in from the panhandle of Texas to say, we have gotten our first snow in quite a few years. To all of you who haven't yet, just continue to have faith. We havent had measurable rainfall in our area in about 3 years, and all of our land is starting to blow in resemblance of the dust bowl era.

This snow hasnt been a terribly large amount (2-3 inches), but any amount is a great change from where we have been.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I don't live too far from Ottawa and even summer for us. We don't start to feel real heat before the end of June. I remember as a kid it used to be blazing in June I remember because that my birth month.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Yeah, we've had one winter a few years back with tons of snow... I guess that's the one that was the odd one out of this past decade.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jssaylor2007
Checking in from the panhandle of Texas to say, we have gotten our first snow in quite a few years. To all of you who haven't yet, just continue to have faith. We havent had measurable rainfall in our area in about 3 years, and all of our land is starting to blow in resemblance of the dust bowl era.

This snow hasnt been a terribly large amount (2-3 inches), but any amount is a great change from where we have been.

So I guess it's the same everywhere... extreme weather in most of North America.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The weather has been freaky, no doubt, and I think the weather forecasters are having a hard time coming up with a computer model that is accurate. I suspect there is an "X" factor in play that they're not completely aware of....or not wanting to admit.

I have a funny feeling that, just as people get complacent about no snow, and very mild winter weather, they're going to get slammed hard with oppressive amounts of snow, and extremely cold temperatures.

As far as Texas goes, yeah, we were abnormally warm, had no precipitation out here in west Texas for all of November, and where I live, just south and west of the panhandle, we finally got some cold temps and a dusting of snow a few days ago. Just a dusting, though, not enough to make any difference with the dusty fields which get stirred up everytime we have a front blow though. However, when it comes to Texas, the weather fluctuates so wildly that you can be wearing shorts and a tank top with flip flops one day in December, and be freezing in a parka and snow boots the next. So we're used to bipolar weather.

The jet stream appears to be in a summer pattern. The weather world-wide is topsy-turvy. Strange times ineed.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

I would say we are in the middle of a weather cycle that hasnt been seen since the 30's. Weather like most things runs in cycles. We just happen to be in one of the not so favorable ones right now.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
The weather has been freaky, no doubt, and I think the weather forecasters are having a hard time coming up with a computer model that is accurate. I suspect there is an "X" factor in play that they're not completely aware of....or not wanting to admit.

I have a funny feeling that, just as people get complacent about no snow, and very mild winter weather, they're going to get slammed hard with oppressive amounts of snow, and extremely cold temperatures.

As far as Texas goes, yeah, we were abnormally warm, had no precipitation out here in west Texas for all of November, and where I live, just south and west of the panhandle, we finally got some cold temps and a dusting of snow a few days ago. Just a dusting, though, not enough to make any difference with the dusty fields which get stirred up everytime we have a front blow though. However, when it comes to Texas, the weather fluctuates so wildly that you can be wearing shorts and a tank top with flip flops one day in December, and be freezing in a parka and snow boots the next. So we're used to bipolar weather.

The jet stream appears to be in a summer pattern. The weather world-wide is topsy-turvy. Strange times ineed.

Our dusting is still on the ground, and we have been extremely cold all week. Hoping y'all get some more weather down your way. From your references it sounds like you may be down near Midland area. My little brother has been working down there the past few years, and I know you guys have gotten some pretty large rains, but they have been so spread out that it hasnt been all that helpful.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jssaylor2007

We're about an hour northwest of Midland, in the middle of nowhere. Oh, we've had a few good rains, but like your brother said, it's too spread out to do more than to make sure our evergreens don't die.

A dustbowl scenario is likely, as we're supposed to be warmer and drier this winter that what is considered normal. I read a while ago that NOAA says that our area will be in a drought until approximately 2020. Yikes.

Yes, we got darned cold for a few days, but a dry cold is the same as a dry heat in the long run. We still have the snow dusting in shady places, but today will be considerably warmer. The pattern appears to be: Warmer and drier than average, all storms systems going north of us, and once in a while, the jet stream will dip just enough for us to get a little something.

The area that's getting all the moisture and storms appears to be the west coast, especially the northern west coast.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Want some snow, we can give you some. I doubt if global warming will ever get rid of our snow on this ice burg stuck out in the middle of Lake Superior.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Just wondering if you saw my first post?
I'm in your neighbourhood.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It snowed here in Southern Maine in October 2011. We got about 6 or 8 inches of snow. It didn't snow again, significantly, until March of 2012. This year we had about 4 inches or less at the end of October. So far, we've had no snow since then. A few days ago the temperature got to almost 55F. I woke up 2 days ago, left for work, and my porch door was covered in moths...in December. I also found a Dandelion blooming on the side of the road (I will be taking a picture of it a little later and will post on this thread).

I am pretty freaked out, but I hate snow so technically I am not complaining.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's freezing in Switzerland.

As cold as last year!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Here in BC its pretty much par for the course wet and warm 6 - 8 degrees celcius, Lots of snow in the local mountains with the coastals posting above 200cm in some areas. I as well remember being a kid and making money off my neighbors getting up early and shoveling out there driveways. Now I'm hard pressed to even buy salt cause we only get a couple of days of cold weather here and there. Pretty sure the city of Vancouver and surrounding municipalities are happy since it doesn't have to spend money on a snow removal budget. Still weird!

SaneThinking

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Moncton, NB here.

Just looked outside the window and we still have snow from about 5cm that we've received on Monday. Temps are between -10 and 5C which is definitely normal for this time of year. The only thing that's above normal is the low average temperature.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I live in Ontario and its quite common this time of year not to have any snow till after Christmas, but for the East Coast? We are going through a warm spell now which will surely make its way toward you in the next few days as well...

All I know is that meteorologists predict a milder winter with a lot of snow. Enjoy it while you can, I'm sure Mother Nature will eventually come back with a vengeance. Lol

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Every time i hope for a winter without snow coz i'm delivering goods.
But at the end of december we always get a snow storm that stays
and kids are going to school in running shoes anyway.
Winter time last about 2-3 months nowadays.
I heard winter spirit doesn't sells well without snow either

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The ground in Kentucky is quite moist so I'm predicting that we'll have snow this year. Last year we totally missed out on winter...it was never cold and we had no snow.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The lack of snow is playing havoc with the crops.
That, and my new snow blower is sitting idle.
Like we keep saying about our beloved Toronto Maple Leafs
There's always next year.
[sigh]

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It's starting to look like we are going through a weather change but why aren't we being informed about these things?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join