It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still no snow here in Eastern Canada.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dorkfish87

You are! Turn on any local weather station. It seems it's the only thing they can predict correctly is that the weather always changes!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
well i am in Ireland and the last 3 winters have been bad , 3 years ago was the worst i have every known, ice and snow -10 c,i was trapped there for 3 weeks i couldn't get home back to the south! scotland, england and wales have had bad winters too. this one is supposed to be bad, they had some ice and snow already in northern ireland and northern england.

my scenario is this?

have we tilted slightly which might also explain the moon anomalies, for example the moon cresent been upside down instead of left or righ cresent?

go easy on me please!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well, It seems Europe is getting harsher winter.. while normally cold countries are getting less snow.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by meremortal

Well we know for fact that large earthquakes do affect the earth's wobble/axis. A quick google search will provide you many reliable sources.This would have an effect on earth's weather.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Check out this

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Yep, I'm toward Shediac. Got the same thing here. Don't know if I should call it ugly or nice...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
East Germany here. Lots of Snow...we had -15 Celsius yesterday night (and around -5 Celsius over the Day)...and the Weatherman is "predicting" +10 Celsius in 2 Days..

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
West Germany here, a few degrees under 0° at night,much snow last Friday and the last days a bit of.
forecast says............up to 10° in the next few days.

I always wanted to go and live in Canada some day, but perhaps Europe will become the new Canada.
Our whole family loves snow, but my girls (all the girls?) will freeze when it's getting colder.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Last year, the universal lack of snow was legendary. The Farmer's Almanac had predicted a very cold winter, and we ended up having disappointed snowmobile riders instead.
Over the past couple of days, I enjoyed good walking weather, with flip-flops. Today it was cold and rainy. So inconsistent...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Mississippi River is low now, it already hurt shipping in St.Louis,Mo. I never seen this low, I wonder if this had to do with not enough snow from the north

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
well i am in Ireland and the last 3 winters have been bad , 3 years ago was the worst i have every known, ice and snow -10 c,i was trapped there for 3 weeks i couldn't get home back to the south! scotland, england and wales have had bad winters too. this one is supposed to be bad, they had some ice and snow already in northern ireland and northern england.

my scenario is this?

have we tilted slightly which might also explain the moon anomalies, for example the moon cresent been upside down instead of left or righ cresent?

go easy on me please!

Europe had abnormally mild winters just a few years ago. Areas that usually had snow by the end of November didn't have it at all or very little of it when Christmas came around. The last couple of winters have been cold again, and especially northern Europe has experienced some harsh winter weather. If I had to guess I'd say it's just part of some very large natural cycles.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
WHAT? AGAIN!!

I went home to NB last christmas and on the 24th it was all green grass and very muggy weather.

This is wild.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SheldonCooper

I always wanted to go and live in Canada some day, but perhaps Europe will become the new Canada. Our whole family loves snow, but my girls (all the girls?) will freeze when it's getting colder.

If you like snow, you would love central Saskatchewan, around Prince Albert, smallish city, and rural all around it. Lots of snow, one of the best cost of living areas in Canada, and there's work - for some silly reason, people don't want to live in 4x4 country, in sub zero temps.

To not freeze, good cold rated winter wear.

There's only about a million people in all of Saskatchewan.
Good place for raising a family.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Another SE Michigan, a stone's throw from southern Ontario...so far a lot like last December...although November was a bit cooler but drier.

In fact, Sept, Oct and Nov were all dry.

Totally opposite of 2010-2011 and 2009-2010 where we had tons and tons of snow. Especially 2009 where snow was on the ground for about 2 months straight ti seemed.

This year, my Husky is again and unhappy girl

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I remember reading some forecasts for this winter back in Sept. talking ab out the Arctic Oscillartions and of course La Nina, having a negative cycle this year and how it would affect the weather.

The latest things I can find talking about it are here: WX Risk posted back on Nov. 25th.

And then there is Dr. Jeff Masters Wunder forecast. Posted back in October.

The first link, makes a lot of sense as to why we are not seeing so much of the cold and snow that was predicted at the end of Summer and the beginning of fall. We aren't getting it yet because there is one more thing that is suppose to happen:

Let’s take a look at some of the weather models as we move into early December and we can see there a lot of other very important features to consider besides a strongly -AO. This next image shows comparison between the operational European model at DAY 9 on the left side and the operational GFS model on the right side. We can see several very important features but the most dominating one happens to be the BERING SEA OMEGA RIDGE . (for those of you that do not know the Bering Sea is the body of war to the separates Alaska and far eastern Siberia). It is this feature which has been persistent now for about two weeks which is the dominating or driving feature across the western hemisphere and not the AO. The placement of the OMEGA RIDGE over the Bering sea means that you have to by definition have a trough in the jet stream over Alaska and Northwest Canada. That trough constitutes a POSITIVE PHASE of the EPO and therefore -PNA pattern ( West coast Trough in the Jet stream).

In order to get this pattern to change the strong OMEGA Ridge in the Jet stream over the Bering sea HAS to move to move.. HAS to. In doing so it will force the EPO to switch from +EPO to -EPO… and that in turn will allow for a strong west coast Ridge ( -PNA to +PNA) which sets up a much colder pattern and allows the trough to form of the eastern U.S.

So if I'm reading this correctly, this OMEGA Ridge has to move in order for the normal (or colder) weather patterns we are used to seeing to set up (cold temps and air diving out of Canada, Clipper snow storms pretty much burring Canada and the northern tier states).

So that's what we're waiting on I guess. I know here in SC it was really warm (into the 70's) for the last few days, and now the temps have plumeted with lots and lots of cold rain all day today (and into the night tonight.). That's pretty typical for us here during this time of year.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

I should think so, especially for an El Nino year.....I generally remember El Nino years as being unusually snowy but we've been having a warm winter just like last year here in Indiana. I'm only 26 and I remember there being snow in November as a kid. Since I was a kid it seems like winter has slowly gotten more mild. We had the occasional freak storm with lots of snow and ice to offset it but with generally warmer temperature and now we have just unusually warm temperature and thus far no storm even though it's an El Nino year. It hasn't even snowed here yet really. I think I saw one or two snow flakes the other day but that was it, and I'm being literal when I say that.

Climate change most certainly appears to be real to me. I don't necessarily agree that climate change is a result of human action but it something that is happening either way or at least it seems that way to me.
edit on 12-12-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
It snowed here in Southern Maine in October 2011. We got about 6 or 8 inches of snow. It didn't snow again, significantly, until March of 2012. This year we had about 4 inches or less at the end of October. So far, we've had no snow since then. A few days ago the temperature got to almost 55F. I woke up 2 days ago, left for work, and my porch door was covered in moths...in December. I also found a Dandelion blooming on the side of the road (I will be taking a picture of it a little later and will post on this thread).

I am pretty freaked out, but I hate snow so technically I am not complaining.

Here are the pics I promised. I took them today (Wednesday) while riding to the store. A dandelion blooming...in December. Scary.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The last few years here in Calgary have been so mild, I was laughing.. shorts in Dec? sweet.
But this year has been just as nasty as I remember growing up as a kid... except the snow is a bit weird... looks more like pellets then snowflakes...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Come to Edmonton there is lots of snow here above average for October and November..

The last 10 years there have been numerous times we didn't really see snow till after xmas or around new years ..

It all started when with el nino in I think like 98 when the weather started to get weird here ..

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
chicago just broke two records this week. they had the most consecutive days without measurable snow, and they passed the previous record of the latest arrival of the first snow. currently there is no snow in the forecast either.

other troubling records that caught my attention: arctic sea ice reached a new minimum, sparking a flurry of predictions of an essentially ice free arctic by as early as 2016 or the 2020s. 97% of the greenland ice sheet was experiencing surface melting. in the u.s. since march, every 12 month period has been in the top 10 hottest 12-month periods on record. (april '11 to march '12, for example). and of course there is the drought that decimated our corn crop this year.

if you look up the raw data, its very clear that climate change is drastically affecting the weather already, at rates that meet or exceed the predictions made by climate scientists.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join