It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare fee to offset costs of pre-existing conditions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Your medical plan is facing an unexpected expense, so you probably are, too. It's a new, $63-per-head fee to cushion the cost of covering people with pre-existing conditions under President Barack Obama's health care overhaul. The charge, buried in a recent regulation, works out to tens of millions of dollars for the largest companies, employers say. Most of that is likely to be passed on to workers. Employee benefits lawyer Chantel Sheaks calls it a "sleeper issue" with significant financial consequences, particularly for large employers.

There you go. Everybody thought that this no pre-existing condition thing would be a freebie. There are no freebies liberals. Just another reason for employers to cut fulltime positions and reduce staffing overall. When will liberals learn? Everything has a cost. How many jobs will this cost? If they do not cut jobs over this, the employers will pass the cost along. I will not participate in this non-sense. I am "Going Galt".

Obamacare-fee-to-offset-costs-o f-pre-existing-conditions
edit on 11-12-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

When a person without health insurance needs emergecy procedures... who pays for it? Im wondering if your a troll or just ignorant.

Do you think preventitive health care is cheaper in the long run? Dont we all remember the bible verse where jesus charged for his miracles?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yeah.. Freebie my dying tail. My mother just got an 'offer she couldn't refuse' made for financial payment on a hospital stay. She's always cash paid and never had a problem with reasonable payments established. Thats how she has always lived. This last time they explained that she could do one of two things. She could remain on cash, but the payments would be adjusted beyond her ability to meet them....or she could join the interim Obama care high risk pool of the uninsured. Oh what joy for her.... $600 a month is what THAT "freebie" costs and her S.S. payment? Just UNDER $600 a month. Merry Christmas and I hope it's a jolly one in the White House. At least someone ought to enjoy the thing.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

When a person without health insurance needs emergecy procedures... who pays for it? Im wondering if your a troll or just ignorant.

Do you think preventitive health care is cheaper in the long run? Dont we all remember the bible verse where jesus charged for his miracles?
Jesus not only didn't charge for his miracles, he also did not require anybody else to subsidize them. He chose to heal the sick with his own power and on his own initiative. That is called private charity. Something I support 100%.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
GOOD!

Now let the government increase everyones taxes in the US, just a hair, and have free healthcare for all.

USA is the only Westernized nation in the world who makes their citizens pay for care, manually.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This whole thing has nothing to do with providing care. It is welfare for insurance companies.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
GOOD!

Now let the government increase everyones taxes in the US, just a hair, and have free healthcare for all.

USA is the only Westernized nation in the world who makes their citizens pay for care, manually.
What part of "entitlements bankrupting the world" do you not understand?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Guess we had to pass the bill to find out what was in it?

Where was this information before the election?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy
Guess we had to pass the bill to find out what was in it?

Where was this information before the election?
Dear leader hid all of the bad news, or just lied in oreder to get the sheeple to re-elect him.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

reply to post by CALGARIAN

Really?
Do I need to point out the obvious?
How can it be free if our tax money is paying for it?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty

reply to post by CALGARIAN

Really?
Do I need to point out the obvious?
How can it be free if our tax money is paying for it?

You are just going to confuse liberals when you use facts like that. Truth like that is never obvious to a liberal. It's free because other people's money paid for it. The 47% will never pay taxes under the current regime.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Tip of the iceberg.

The "little" costs will continue and trickle down to the people who can afford it the least.

Well liberals, you wanted it, we all got it!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So I throw in $63 whole bucks a year and that's my part of helping to ensure that people with preexisting conditions are not refused by insurance? Sounds like a bargain to me. God forbid, I guess we just stay home one Saturday night a year and it's covered. Oh the burden!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
ok so $63 per head for preexisting conditions
what is the additional cost for health insurance for preexisting conditions on an individual basis through a private insurer? anyone?.........anyone?
the amount of $63 is for a 3 year period to raise the initial revenue necessary and after that period the cost gradually decreases

(i lolled when i saw your source was christian science monitor not saying its not legit ir probably is but you might want to find a more reputable source of information)
edit on 11-12-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

So I throw in $63 whole bucks a year and that's my part of helping to ensure that people with preexisting conditions are not refused by insurance? Sounds like a bargain to me. God forbid, I guess we just stay home one Saturday night a year and it's covered. Oh the burden!

That's just it!!!!! Ya'll still believe that our healthcare system is going to IMPROVE!!!! IT ISN"T! Just watch how many elderly and babies are going to be denied treatment other than their nice and polite "End of Life Plans"...

edit on 11-12-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
Bully for you. Now, how about the minimum wage employee? Or the family of four being supported by a father making $10 per hour?
You missed the most important part though. This was hidden from people and not mentioned until now. Mainly because the dimocrats wouldn't let anybody read the bill before they shoved it down our throat.

link   
My company provides "Benefit Dollars" to cover part of our healthcare costs. They had to cut that money by $2000/year because if they gave us that money for our healthcare, it would be classed as a "Cadillac Plan", and they would have been FINED (taxed) by the government. The $63 is a drop in the bucket to what this is really going to cost. It's already cost me a LOT more than that.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink

(i lolled when i saw your source was christian science monitor not saying its not legit ir probably is but you might want to find a more reputable source of information)

How about here?

or here?

one more

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

oh i know its legit i already checked im just saying i think its funny that you chose the christian science monitor of all things for your initial source
says a lot about you (im not going to comment on whether i think thats a good or bad thing .....just that its very telling)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink

oh i know its legit i already checked im just saying i think its funny that you chose the christian science monitor of all things for your initial source
says a lot about you (im not going to comment on whether i think thats a good or bad thing .....just that its very telling)
Oh? and what does it say that I get information from here or or here?

I get get news from a wide variety of sources, not just cnn or msnbc or huffington post.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join