It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life-sized Noah's Ark launches!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Good point - What if they didn't have to scale down to DNA, like Ancient Alien pokeballs. With a list of appropriate habitats for each animal it wouldn't been a matter of sailing around throwing pokeballs.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Here is a quote concerning the Greek historian Herodutus known as the Father of History who mentions Noah's Ark:-

Also appearing in the historical record from earliest times is another site, the 16,945-foot (5,165 meter) volcanic mountain in northeastern Turkey (near the border with Armenia) known, traditionally as Agri-Dagh (“Mount Ararat”). Back in the 5th century B.C., the Greek historian Herodotus, known as the “father of history,” stated that religious people had for a long time before been making pilgrimages to this mountain because of their belief that Noah’s Ark had landed there. Still today, the local Armenian tribes that occupy the site maintain a religious conviction that the mountain is the sacred resting place of the Ark. One such local, George Hagopian (born c. 1904-1906), testified to having visited the remains of the Ark and provided detailed sketches.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
I know you're respected around here but wow.

News to me, bud...

I just post hot topics.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by JB1234

If this intelligent creator is so all powerful, why did he need Noah to build an Ark? Why didn't he just "create" one? Why didn't he just create a bubble around some island and whisk all the people and animals away?

Was he too lazy to just start over with a new and improved Garden of Eden, without the snake the forbidden fruit?

Because WHAT was Noah's main purpose?!!

The Apostle Peter gave the answer -

"(2 Peter 2:5) . . .and he did not hold back from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a deluge upon a world of ungodly people"

Noah was a preacher of righteousness - that Ark was a symbol to all of the wicked, Godless men spurned on by disobedient angels that were intent on keeping mankind from worshipping their Creator.

The building of the Ark and Noah & his family was a testament to the warning that Noah & his family were commanded to sound out to all mankind - that unless they stopped their wickedness they would be destroyed - they were no doubt laughed & scorned at by all of their friends, relations and strangers alike during the time of the construction & the gathering of the animals & foodstuffs. The constuction also proved that Noah & his family were righteous and had absolute faith in their God,

(Genesis 6:11, 12) . . .And the earth came to be ruined in the sight of the [true] God and the earth became filled with violence. 12 So God saw the earth and, look! it was ruined, because all flesh had ruined its way on the earth.

The Bible explains - God actually felt regret that he had made mankind because of the wicked way he was treating both the planet & his fellow man.

However just as in other times God never acts without giving a warning - Noah & the construction of the Ark served as a warning to mankind to turn back from following the Demons & their own violent selfish pursuits, however not one single person listened - instead they poured scorn on Noah & his family until the very day
God slammed the door to the Ark shut!

Then began the Cataclysm - and every single person who had taunted & belittled Noah & his family would have realised instantly EXACTLY what was going on and no doubt each & every one of them regretted not paying heed to that warning.

(Hebrews 11:7) 7 By faith Noah, after being given divine warning of things not yet beheld, showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household; and through this [faith] he condemned the world, and he became an heir of the righteousness that is according to faith.

edit on 12-12-2012 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Lot's of historians in ancient & more modern times mention the account of the Flood of Noah's Day & the resting place of the Ark in the area

From Wiki

According to Genesis 8:4, the Ark came to rest "on the mountains of Ararat." Early commentators such as Josephus,[citation needed] and authorities quoted by him, Berossus,[citation needed] Hieronymus the Egyptian,[citation needed] Mnaseas, and Nicolaus of Damascus,[citation needed] record the tradition that these "mountains of Ararat" are to be found in the region then known as Armenia, roughly corresponding to Eastern Anatolia.

Syrian and Armenian tradition of the early centuries AD had a tradition of the ark landing at Mount Judi, where according to Josephus the remains of the ark were still shown in the 1st century AD. The location of the "Place of Descent" (αποβατηριον, i.e., Nakhchivan) described by Josephus was some 100 km to the southeast of the peak now known as Mount Ararat, in what is today Northern Iraq.

Middle Ages and early modern periods .:

Main article:

Mountains of Ararat Marco Polo (1254–1324) wrote in his book, The Travels of Marco Polo: In the heart of the Armenian mountain range, the mountains peak is shaped like a cube (or cup), on which Noah's ark is said to have rested, whence it is called the Mountain of Noah's Ark. It [the mountain] is so broad and long that it takes more than two days to go around it. On the summit the snow lies so deep all the year round that no one can ever climb it; this snow never entirely melts, but new snow is for ever falling on the old, so that the level rises.

Sir Walter Raleigh, writing c. 1616, made a laborious argument taking up several whole chapters of his History of the World, that the term "Mountains of Ararat" originally encompassed all the adjoining and taller ranges of Asia, and that Noah's Ark could only have landed in the Orient – especially since Armenia is not technically east of the plain of Shinar (or Mesopotamia), but more northwest. 1

9th century The structure claimed to be Noah's Ark in Durupınar site, Agri, Turkey In 1829, Dr. Friedrich Parrot, who had made an ascent of Greater Ararat, wrote in his Journey to Ararat that "all the Armenians are firmly persuaded that Noah's Ark remains to this very day on the top of Ararat, and that, in order to preserve it, no human being is allowed to approach it."[3]

In 1876, James Bryce, historian, statesman, diplomat, explorer, and Professor of Civil Law at Oxford, climbed above the tree line and found a slab of hand-hewn timber, four feet long and five inches thick, which he identified as being from the Ark.[4] In 1883, the British Prophetic Messenger and others reported that Turkish commissioners investigating avalanches had seen the Ark.[5

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

That boat is quite a project. Noah and Co. must have been quite the woodworking outfit.

I'm sure he couldn't get all the animals, but he got the important ones.

I've got to tell you, I'd take that tour.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have to admit whether the Ark was true or not this is certainly an interesting accomplishment and hats off to the person/people that were able to do such a thing. Would love to visit it and see it in person.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think a lot of the animals could have been eggs or babies who were old enough for food too right???

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The pyramids and things weren't built until AFTER the flood though, so they must have been just a general flodd in the area and not the great flood that went half way up them...

www.matthewmcgee.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JB1234
No one is sure of what tools were available to mankind back then, because stoneworks which supposedly date back to Neolithic times seem to have been carved using quite sophisticated tools & means - we can only speculate.

7 days before the Flood began Noah was instructed to enter the Ark with his family & the "kinds of animals that had been gathered. So only right at the very end Noah was given the date of when the Flood would begin

"No one is sure...we can only speculate" Your own words, followed by "7 days before the flood began Noah was instructed to enter the ark"

I thought we could only speculate about events which occurred in the dim past? Why are you so certain of some things and not others?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The pyramids and things weren't built until AFTER the flood though, so they must have been just a general flodd in the area and not the great flood that went half way up them...

www.matthewmcgee.org...

"The following chronological Old Testament timeline is based upon scriptural passages in the Bible. "
Sorry mate, but the Bible doesn't represent definitive evidence in terms of dates. Some folks believe damage on the pyramids indicates they survived some type of "great flood" in that they were mostly submerged by water at some point.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Noah had a big job on his hands! Good thing he had help.

I did like that very much. Coul;d it be that Noah had seed and animal DNA banks instead of grown organisms?

Anyways here's part two..

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

If we are to go by the bibles creation theory, I have a good question for you. Current estimates for land dwelling animals are about 10million.. 10 million land dwelling animals... Noah had 2 of each.. WHERE THE HECK DID HE PUT THEM???

How many species are there.

there may be 10 million species of land-dwelling animals alone.

That's a whole hell of a lot of animals... 2 of each land based species is 20million animals, and he was to have food and water enough for them for a year? As well, him and his family were going to take care of 20 million.....
Your rebuttal ?
edit on 13-12-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonl1983

Would you like to dig up this evidence of flood damage? I know the Sphynx shows weathering due to rain, but I've never heard any of the Egyptian structures showing Flood damage.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
how did he get to the pole for the polar bears?

Polar bears are great swimmers. They didn't need to be on the Ark.
Not even Polar Bears can swim for 40 days and nights.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983

Originally posted by JB1234
No one is sure of what tools were available to mankind back then, because stoneworks which supposedly date back to Neolithic times seem to have been carved using quite sophisticated tools & means - we can only speculate.

7 days before the Flood began Noah was instructed to enter the Ark with his family & the "kinds of animals that had been gathered. So only right at the very end Noah was given the date of when the Flood would begin

"No one is sure...we can only speculate" Your own words, followed by "7 days before the flood began Noah was instructed to enter the ark"

I thought we could only speculate about events which occurred in the dim past? Why are you so certain of some things and not others?

The Biblical texts only give us a certain amount of details of events - in the Ark's case it's not a builder's manual. The finite details of what tools were used by Noah & his family to construct the Ark ARE indeed a matter of speculation as they are with many ancient monuments. Some archeologists and engineers are arguing that ancient people's must have had construction processes & techniques which were far more advanced than we thought because of the preciseness of the angles, the size of the stonework & the immense feits of engineering they were eg Polygonal masonary. Some even claiming it must have been Alien technology.

The Bible itself in Genesis Chapter 7 verses 1 to 4 - tells us that Noah was instructed by God - 7 days before the Deluge began to enter into the Ark with his family and all the "kinds" of animals that had gathered.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by JB1234

If we are to go by the bibles creation theory, I have a good question for you. Current estimates for land dwelling animals are about 10million.. 10 million land dwelling animals... Noah had 2 of each.. WHERE THE HECK DID HE PUT THEM???

That's a whole hell of a lot of animals... 2 of each land based species is 20million animals, and he was to have food and water enough for them for a year? As well, him and his family were going to take care of 20 million.....
Your rebuttal ?

It is estimated that Noah could have been upwards of 10-12 feet tall. Before the flood, humans and animals were much bigger. And, so were plants and trees. The cubit Noah would have used to measure the dimensions of the ark would have been his own personal cubit, which is the distance from the tip of the middle finger, down to the elbow. I am 5' 10", and my cubit is right at 19 inches. Just for rough estimate, if Noah was 12 feet tall, his cubit would have been somewhere just over 38 inches.

The ark was not 440 feet long, 73 feet wide, and 43 feet high, like most people say it was. That assumption is based off of the Egyptian royal cubit which is what they think Moses would have referred to when he wrote the book of Genesis. That cubit is only about 21 inches. But, Moses only says how many cubits God told Noah to use. When God told Noah how many cubits, He was talking about Noah's own personal cubit. Just because Moses wrote about it years later doesn't mean Noah used the Egyptian royal cubit, which wasn't even invented at that point.

The ark was actually almost double the length, height, and width, that most people believe it was. At the time of the flood, the entire world was very corrupt. Without getting too far into it, the amalgamation of animals amongst each other caused a lot of animals to not be present on the ark. Only the pure, uncorrupted kinds (not species) were allowed on the ark. When I say pure, uncorrupted, I'm talking about pure stock, not the clean animals used for sacrifices. There were quite a bit fewer animals aboard than is popularly believed.

With an ark almost (or more than, for all we know) twice the dimensions in size, and far fewer animals aboard, room was not a problem.

Before the flood, there was not much water on the surface of the planet. When the flood happened, the fountains of the deep broke up. This caused most of the flooding, not rain. After the flood, God used wind to push the waters away to clear the land. The waters went toward the north and south poles. All the continents were connected at that point, making it easy for all the animals to migrate to the different parts of the world. Some time later, the water, which had frozen when it was blown to the poles, began to melt, and it filled in the oceans, separating the continents like we see them today.

Genesis 8:1(KJV)
And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters assuaged;

Genesis 10:25(KJV)
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I suppose God could have beamed them to Noah, or directly into the Ark.

If that's the case, why couldn't God have saved these animals himself?

Also, what of all the other animals that had to die? They were punished for the sins of man too?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

you do realise that an animal 50% taller - has a greater than 50% mass increase - and would thus require consumately more food ??????

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by JB1234

Your rebuttal ?

I've tried to explain this before in earlier posts.

The Bible's description of the "kinds" of animals that Noah took onto the Ark aren't necessarily each different species though are they?

As I said in an earlier post we know genetic adaptation can and does occur within eg a horse kind - from Race horses, to Shetland ponies to Zebras - we classify them as different species nowadays - but they are all in fact "horse kinds" What's more different species eg Lions can breed with Tigers the barrier of what the Bible classifies as "Kind" seems to cross over from individual species - So if Noah was instructed to take into the Ark a particular kind of animal, which contained within a pair - all of the DNA adaptations for the repopulation of the Earth. The Creator of those Kinds would surely know which pair of "Kinds" was necessary for this to take place.

Even Genetisists are now saying that all the different races of mankind come from an original human pair.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join