It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life-sized Noah's Ark launches!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I also wonder how many on ATS actually realise that to THIS day modern day people still memorialise the Flood each & every year at Halloween.

The 1910 edition of The Encyclopædia Britannica states: “All Souls’ Day . . . the day set apart in the Roman Catholic Church for the commemoration of the faithful departed. The celebration is based on the doctrine that the souls of the faithful which at death have not been cleansed from venial sins, or have not atoned for past transgressions, cannot attain the Beatific Vision, and that they may be helped to do so by prayer and by the sacrifice of the mass. . . . Certain popular beliefs connected with All Souls’ Day are of pagan origin and immemorial antiquity. Thus the dead are believed by the peasantry of many Catholic countries to return to their former homes on All Souls’ night and partake of the food of the living.”—Vol. I, p. 709.

The Encyclopedia Americana says: “Elements of the customs connected with Halloween can be traced to a Druid ceremony in pre-Christian times. The Celts had festivals for two major gods—a sun god and a god of the dead (called Samhain), whose festival was held on November 1, the beginning of the Celtic New Year. The festival of the dead was gradually incorporated into Christian ritual.”—(1977), Vol. 13, p. 725.

The book The Worship of the Dead points to this origin: “The mythologies of all the ancient nations are interwoven with the events of the Deluge . . . The force of this argument is illustrated by the fact of the observance of a great festival of the dead in commemoration of the event, not only by nations more or less in communication with each other, but by others widely separated, both by the ocean and by centuries of time. This festival is, moreover, held by all on or about the very day on which, according to the Mosaic account, the Deluge took place, viz., the seventeenth day of the second month—the month nearly corresponding with our November.” (London, 1904, Colonel J. Garnier, p. 4) Thus these celebrations actually began with an honoring of people whom God had destroyed because of their badness in Noah’s day.—Gen. 6:5-7; 7:11.

For what's it's worth I just wonder whether Gobekli Tepe was built as some kind of forerunner to All Souls Day and the worship of Tammuz (T shaped stones - Cross of Tau) who was the son of Nimrod. It's weird that there are so many carvings of animals, which appear to have been revered and carved in those stones, which are simply not found in that part of the world normally. A sort of Ancient Halloween party where people who were anti - YHWH - Jehovah the God of Noah could gather to follow the Sun God Baal ( the risen Nimrod) Who the Bible describes as a mighty hunter in opposition to the God of Noah - who began the calling of God's name (post flood) in a worthless way.
edit on 12-12-2012 by JB1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
As regards the amount of room on the Ark for all of Creation to have been protected during the Cataclysm - I found this explanation

Ample Carrying Capacity.

The passenger list of the ark was quite impressive. Besides Noah, his wife, his three sons, and their wives, living creatures “of every sort of flesh, two of each,” were to be taken aboard. “Male and female they will be. Of the flying creatures according to their kinds and of the domestic animals according to their kinds, of all moving animals of the ground according to their kinds, two of each will go in there to you to preserve them alive.” Of the clean beasts and fowls, seven of each kind were to be taken. A great quantity and variety of food for all these creatures, to last for more than a year, also had to be stowed away.—Ge 6:18-21; 7:2, 3.

The “kinds” of animals selected had reference to the clear-cut and unalterable boundaries or limits set by the Creator, within which boundaries creatures are capable of breeding “according to their kinds.” It has been estimated by some that the hundreds of thousands of species of animals today could be reduced to a comparatively few family “kinds”—the horse kind and the cow kind, to mention but two. The breeding boundaries according to “kind” established by Jehovah were not and could not be crossed. With this in mind some investigators have said that, had there been as few as 43 “kinds” of mammals, 74 “kinds” of birds, and 10 “kinds” of reptiles in the ark, they could have produced the variety of species known today. Others have been more liberal in estimating that 72 “kinds” of quadrupeds and less than 200 bird “kinds” were all that were required. That the great variety of animal life known today could have come from inbreeding within so few “kinds” following the Flood is proved by the endless variety of humankind—short, tall, fat, thin, with countless variations in the color of hair, eyes, and skin—all of whom sprang from the one family of Noah.

These estimates may seem too restrictive to some, especially since such sources as The Encyclopedia Americana indicate that there are upwards of 1,300,000 species of animals. (1977, Vol. 1, pp. 859-873) However, over 60 percent of these are insects. Breaking these figures down further, of the 24,000 amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals, 10,000 are birds, 9,000 are reptiles and amphibians, many of which could have survived outside the ark, and only 5,000 are mammals, including whales and porpoises, which would have also remained outside the ark. Other researchers estimate that there are only about 290 species of land mammals larger than sheep and about 1,360 smaller than rats. (The Deluge Story in Stone, by B. C. Nelson, 1949, p. 156; The Flood in the Light of the Bible, Geology, and Archaeology, by A. M. Rehwinkel, 1957, p. 69) So, even if estimates are based on these expanded figures, the ark could easily have accommodated a pair of all these animals. Five months after the Deluge began, “the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat,” not likely, however, atop the uppermost peak (nearly 5,165 m; 16,950 ft), but on suitable terrain where everyone aboard lived comfortably for some months more. Finally, after a year and ten days from the time the Deluge began, the door again was opened and all aboard disembarked.—Ge 7:11; 8:4, 14.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Interior view of the full scale replica

Replica? Can you link me up with the original Noah's Ark plans that these guys were clearly working from?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
I have often wondered if Noah took 2 of ever local species as he could and then a regional flood took place. Not a world wide flood but one they have proven happened.

I do not believe that the entire world flooded or that Noah took 2 of "EVERY" animal, but there is something to the story as it shows up in many religions and stories.

That's a very interesting theory! I wonder how long it would have taken Noah and his sons to make something so enormous? To think, just the time it took to gather and shape all the timber, craft the tools, then whatever joining glues or nails they used! I don't think it could have been possible to do this in one lifetime! Nevermind to have the storage for the animals, then collect enough food for them! Quite improbable but for some reason I do feel that God does exist! So maybe there is more to the story of Noah! Maybe God kept noah and his family strong and young enough so they could work on the ark for long enough! Maybe they did'nt have to save every species! Maybe just enough species so the lord could manipulate them genetically! Whatever they case is, it has been shown that a great flood did happen many millenia ago!
I don't think it's by chance that there never is any undeniable proof and the more unlikely the story the more faith that is required! the more science shows us our past the more it seems that religion and science are divided!
I am not one of those that will deny facts and say the earth is only six or seven millenia old!
I am also not going to deny God and say there is no such thing! There is so many people that have had near death experiences! So many who were saved by angels! Some who experienced demons (possession)!
Who is arrogant enough to think we evolved without any guidance?
I never wanted to believe in God and for what I have been through it would have been much easier to believe that after we die we go to sleep! I feel that there is this connection, that something or someone has been protecting me! I have not always believed in a higher intelligents but i do now, I also prey to God and Jesus in times of stress and I've never understood why this comforts me! I am not trying to convince anyone to believe but am only validating my own experiences! I shall never understand why so many people seem like there is a hate for anything religious. Why they are so angry at those of us who believe! It's not as if i believe in the religious hierarchy but actually dispise the hierarchy and though i was born into the catholic belief system, i had stopped worshipping or believing in my early teens but about at my late 30s started to see there is more to life then meets the 5 senses! Today I would say I'm of the gnostic belief basically because of a lack of faith in humanity! We should all be equal in the eyes of man whether we are athiest, believer, bishop or pope as we should all be judged by our actions and not by our positions in the eyes of the lord as well!
Sorry for going off topic people but the existance of God has more relavance to this time then any Arc of the son of Abraham being remade for a tourist attraction!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

It would have taken a small team of men using only hand tools a period of years and years to achieve this feat. If there were a flood coming, you'd need to have foreknowledge of the event, long in advance. They literally would have been doing nothing but craft-eat-sleep for most of their lives!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

There was no global flood as described in the Bible. Yes there was the end of the ice age, about 12,000 years ago, but the glacial melting took 100's if not 1000's of years. Not 40 days and 40 nights of rain on a global scale.

Certainly the approaching waters, flooding lakes and rivers, could cause land bridges and natural dams to burst, causing flash flooding to the unsuspecting in the cities below. But, again, even though these events did happen on a global scale, they didn't all happen all at once, it took many, many years.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Interior view of the full scale replica

Replica? Can you link me up with the original Noah's Ark plans that these guys were clearly working from?

Here ya go!

Genesis 5
13 So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

14 So make yourself an ark of cypress[c] wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out.

15 This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be three hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide and thirty cubits high.

16 Make a roof for it, leaving below the roof an opening one cubit high all around. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I'm sure that wasn't written in English, I asked for the original plans.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonl1983

Can you read Hebrew? I'm sure I could find it in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Here's link to Hebrew script, from the Dead Sea Scroll, for the book of Noah. Good luck!

books.google.com...'s+ark+dead+sea+scrolls&source=bl&ots=MbqNDAagvA&sig=8P_q5DAojaywR26oay14Y2Auno0 &hl=en&sa=X&ei=svnIULq6Hsjm2AWhx4HADQ&ved=0CFAQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=noah's%20ark%20dead%20sea%20scrolls&f=false

edit on 12-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
8.7 million kinds of animals that we know of on the planet, double that when you say two of every kind.. that's never going to hold them.. No matter how big and impressive that craft is.. ( and it is ) .. it wouldn't even hold a small percentage of that ..

But of course the story of Noah is a parable anyway, it's not literal.. if we step beyond that it's pretty awesome of a creation, and I can imagine it being a huge tourist attraction.

Well if you think like this ! taking Blood and putting them them in Vials a Blood Storage Bank AKA DNA

Its Possible ? or Frozen Sperm & Eggs Etc .. ? if The God or Gods are Million to Billion more Advance then we are ... and they will do the Rest 40days and nights ! till they hit land ... Could be .. well something like.. if you have seen the Movie called Pandorum the Ship was like an Ark ... then again when you look past the Bible and see God or Gods as Aliens as the Whole Bible talks about those that came from Heaven down to Earth as in NOT From EARTH , either from another Dimension or Distant star Planet

That my Theroy of all the Animals but there are Stories from All Over this Planet of a Similar Like Noahs Ark and Deluged as In the Iroquois Native Americans has Legends about the Flood and a ARK aka ( Turtle ) and we all know what the Shape of a Turtle Shell is Right ! a Dome like Shape ,

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The Bible gives an account written generations after the building of the Ark - the Bible was never meant to be used as a Blue print - this Ark is this guys interpretation of the account in Genesis.

Others may presume other interpretations of the details.

Design and Size.
The ark (Heb., te·vah′; Gr., ki·bo·tos′) was a rectangular chestlike vessel presumably having square corners and a flat bottom. It needed no rounded bottom or sharp bow to cut rapidly through the water; it required no steering; its only functions were to be watertight and to stay afloat. A vessel so shaped is very stable, cannot be easily capsized, and contains about one third more storage space than ships of conventional design. There was a door provided in the side of the ark for loading and unloading the cargo. In size the ark was 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high. Conservatively calculating the cubit as 44.5 cm (17.5 in.) (some think the ancient cubit was nearer 56 or 61 cm), the ark measured 133.5 m by 22.3 m by 13.4 m (437 ft 6 in. × 72 ft 11 in. × 43 ft 9 in.), less than half the length of the ocean liner Queen Elizabeth 2.

Proportions
This proportion of length to width (6 to 1) is used by modern naval architects. This gave the ark approximately 40,000 cu m (1,400,000 cu ft) in gross volume. It is estimated that such a vessel would have a displacement nearly equal to that of the mighty 269-m (883 ft) Titanic of this 20th century. No cargo vessel of ancient times even slightly resembled the ark in its colossal size. Internally strengthened by adding two floors, the three decks thus provided gave a total of about 8,900 sq m (96,000 sq ft) of space.

Tsohar or Roof:
“You will make a tso′har [roof; or, window] for the ark,” Noah was told. (Ge 6:16) Just what this was or how it was constructed is not altogether clear. Some scholars think tso′har is related to light and so they translate it “window” (KJ, Mo), “light” (AS, JP), “a place for light” (Ro). Others, however, associate tso′har with a later Arabic root meaning “back (of the hand),” “back (of a beast),” “deck (of a ship),” that is, the part away from the ground or water, and for this reason translate it “roof.” ........... This tso′har, Noah was told, was to be completed “to the extent of a cubit upward.”—Ge 6:16.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

Yes, I understand that. Genesis is all we have, unless there is some detail in the "Epic of Gilgamesh." But then it wouldn't be Noah's Ark.

I was in no way implying that the directions provided in Genesis was enough information to build that supposed ship.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Now can we have a list of animals that were on that ship...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983

It would have taken a small team of men using only hand tools a period of years and years to achieve this feat. If there were a flood coming, you'd need to have foreknowledge of the event, long in advance. They literally would have been doing nothing but craft-eat-sleep for most of their lives!

Oh let's go back to the detail of the account.

(Genesis 6:13-16) 13 After that God said to Noah: “The end of all flesh has come before me, because the earth is full of violence as a result of them; and here I am bringing them to ruin together with the earth. 14 Make for yourself an ark out of wood of a resinous tree. You will make compartments in the ark, and you must cover it inside and outside with tar. 15 And this is how you will make it: three hundred cubits the length of the ark, fifty cubits its width, and thirty cubits its height. 16 You will make a tso′har [roof; or, window] for the ark, and you will complete it to the extent of a cubit upward, and the entrance of the ark you will put in its side; you will make it with a lower [story], a second [story] and a third [story].

The resinous wood prescribed is thought by some to be cypress or a similar tree. In that part of the world what today is called cypress was in abundant supply; it was particularly favored for shipbuilding by the Phoenicians and by Alexander the Great, as it is even down to the present time; and it is especially resistant to water and decay. Doors and posts made of cypress are reported to have lasted 1,100 years. In addition, Noah was told not merely to caulk the seams but to “cover [the ark] inside and outside with tar.”

The translation of the Ancient Hebrew makes it difficult because no one is absolutely sure what Goshen wood is. Some say it's cypress some think it means laminated wood.

The exact time is not given of when God gave Noah these intructions but working on the chronology it seems these were given 40 or 50 years before the Flood. No one is sure of what tools were available to mankind back then, because stoneworks which supposedly date back to Neolithic times seem to have been carved using quite sophisticated tools & means - we can only speculate.

7 days before the Flood began Noah was instructed to enter the Ark with his family & the "kinds of animals that had been gathered. So only right at the very end Noah was given the date of when the Flood would begin

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Quite - plus we could speculate we may have lost other ancient writings which may have contained more details of the Ark at the Great Fire of Alexandria.

We're only told in the Bible - "Noah did just so" - carried out the instructions given to him by God.

It came as a suprise to me that ancient historians like Josephus & Heroditus actually didn't treat the Ark as a fictitious fairy tale but actually wrote about tourists climbing up to the area in the summer months where the Ark rested & nicking bits of the wood as souvenirs. I'll try & dig up the quotes if I can find them.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Now can we have a list of animals that were on that ship...

We can only speculate as to which went in the Ark - the account just states "according to it's kind"

Adaptation is clearly programmed into all living things - We've just seen the History of Mankind in the UK narrated by Andrew Marrs & he stated on the Beeb that science agrees that originally there was a human pair that we all descended from whether you are an atheist or a theist. Genetisists seem to be saying that we all came from a common DNA pairing.

Black, white, ginger, short, tall, blue eyes, green eyes - all the genetic differences appear to have been there right from the start....However a human being would be a kind. We are unable to breed with another kind eg an ape... or a dog.

however perhaps in generations past lions & tigers I suppose may have come from a "cat kind" - they can breed but their offspring are sterile, so perhaps that adaptation developed them into a different species that althogh can breed they are now what we would term different species. It's an interesting question though because Cheetah's have very special adaptations to their environment - were those genetic adaptations built into "a cat kind" or where they specially created?

Therefore IF we beleive that a God created that DNA then surely within each different "kinds" of creatuires could sprout the different forms of those "kinds" able to adapt to their environment. eg the dog kind, the cat kind, the horse kind.

Met a few molecular biologists lately & quite revealing listening to their accounts of how gob smacking the amount of information they are discovering within the genetic code & the DNA of every living cell. It all appears to have a purpose - it's mind blowingly complex and many of them say quietly that they find it difficult to explain without an intelligence being behind all that information initially.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

So 600ft long 100ft wide, 60 feet tall?????.... I have a hard time believing either of them were much larger than the average man. I'm 6ft, my arm length is pretty long. The Average mans arm length is (current)32-35 inches. You also have to remember not that long ago, the average height for people was fairly short by todays standards. I'm not buying it, sorry. Not trying to be insulting, but this is one of those instances, of a metaphorical story meant to convey a message not fact.

Doesn't seem big enough to house two of every animal on the planet, along with those humans he was told to save... It's just not big enough. What about the food for every man woman and child on board, and all the animals on board. 40 days and 40 nights is a long time considering some of the mammals consume half their weight in feed.

Average elephants can consume as much as 150 kg (330 lb) of food and 40 L (11 USgal) of water in a single day. Where was this kept on board, for two Adult elephants and babies... 330lbs of food x2 660lbs x 40= 26400lbs of food for the adults. I don't know how much an elephant calf consumes, nor how much more a nursing mother would consume. water 40x2 elephants x 40days= 3200L of fresh water. Just for 2 elephants.

Hippo's are extremely aggressive and EXTREMELY strong, they also consume an enormous amount of food. They spend four to five hours grazing and can consume 68 kilograms (150 lb) of grass each night. Okay, not to mention Hippos stay in the water to keep cool, and keep their skin from cracking, where they fight with each other and predators from birth. Not important, 150lbs of food x2 is 300lbs!! 300lbs of grass in a single night for two hippos, x 40 nights. 12,000lbs of grass for 2 hippos for the trip.

Do you see what I'm getting at here??? Not to mention, Lions, Tigers, Cheetahs, Hyenas(which will eat anything.) They need meat. They aren't designed to eat anything else. They need food, and water and the likeliness their was a massive meat locker on that ark are slim, so that means live food had to be kept on board for them, which also need feeding and watering.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Bears. Bears will eat anything they can get, and they are very smart and very strong. Unless you seriously confined them, they would eat any and all available food on board. Different species eat different amounts but they average 40lbs a day.

The issue here is Meat eaters will eat any and all on board, and the less you feed them the more they will eat. It's part of their metabolism. They need live, fresh food.

Herbivores eat enormous amounts of food every single day.

An issues for both types here is waste. What do you do with all the feces. Have you seen how much waste a single elephant can put out? What about smaller herbivores, anyone ever owned live stock? Cows? Horses? Ever had to clean a stall? Imagine what it would be like on a boat housing 2 of EVERY animal. How could a handful of people take care of them? Imagine trying to clean up after a hungry, angry, sea sick lion or bear.

Noah's story has always been very fascinating but I can't take it for anything more than a metaphor. It's absolutely unlikely this could be done by a very small group of people, that also need food and fresh water for the flood.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

And as for you, take for yourself every sort of food that is eaten; and you must gather it to yourself, and it must serve as food for you and for them.”

Noah according to the Bible had gathered & looked after these creatures before they went into the Ark 7 days before it began, so he & his family were used to caring for them. Zoos manage all manner of creatures, so why wouldn't Noah?

We don't know how eco friendly the Ark was neither - poo makes good fertiliser to grow stuff in etc & also with so much water surrounding the Ark then it surely would have been possible to flush waste away . It obviously became a pretty self sufficient place because although the Flood lasted for 40 days & nights, God commanded Noah to store enough food for him, his family & the animals to last over a year until the waters had drained away.

There is a whole new field of science called Bio-mimetics because life does it so perfectly and sustainably - therefore as someone who believes in a Creator - why would anyone doubt that that Intelligent Designer couldn't instruct Noah to build a structure that would survive a global deluge.

If it was all a fairy story then WHY do we find the account of a such a deluge ALL over the globe?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Found a list of just a sample of the Flood legends that exist around the globe which is surely what we'd expect to find if it's founded on truth :-

Flood Legends

Samples from six continents and the islands of the sea; hundreds of such legends are known

Australia - Kurnai
Destruction by Water
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Babylon - Berossus’ account
Destruction by Water
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Babylon - Gilgamesh epic
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Bolivia - Chiriguano
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Borneo - Sea Dayak
Destruction by Water
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Burma - Singpho
Destruction by Water
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Canada - Cree
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Canada - Montagnais
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

China - Lolo
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Cuba - original natives
Destruction by Water
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

East Africa - Masai
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Egypt - Book of the Dead
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Fiji - Walavu-levu tradition
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Humans Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

French Polynesia - Raïatéa
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Animals Spared

Greece - Lucian’s account
Destruction by Water
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Guyana - Macushi
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Iceland - Eddas
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Humans Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

India - Andaman Islands
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Humans Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

India - Bhil
Destruction by Water
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

India - Kamar
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Iran - Zend-Avesta
Destruction by Water
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Animals Spared

Italy - Ovid’s poetry
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Humans Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Malay Peninsula - Jakun
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Humans Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Mexico - Codex Chimalpopoca
Destruction by Water
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Mexico - Huichol
Destruction by Water
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

New Zealand - Maori
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Humans Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Peru - Indians of Huarochirí
Destruction by Water
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Animals Spared

Russia - Vogul
Destruction by Water
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

U.S.A. (Alaska) - Kolusches
Destruction by Water
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

U.S.A. (Alaska) - Tlingit
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

U.S.A. (Arizona) - Papago
Destruction by Water
Warning Given
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

U.S.A. (Hawaii) - legend of Nu-u
Destruction by Water
Divine Cause
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Vanuatu - Melanesians
Destruction by Water
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Vietnam - Bahnar
Destruction by Water
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

Wales - Dwyfan/Dwyfach legend
Destruction by Water
Humans Spared
Animals Spared
Preserved in a Vessel

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JB1234

If this intelligent creator is so all powerful, why did he need Noah to build an Ark? Why didn't he just "create" one? Why didn't he just create a bubble around some island and whisk all the people and animals away?

Was he too lazy to just start over with a new and improved Garden of Eden, without the snake the forbidden fruit?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join