It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Şirince: A Shelter For The Apocalypse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There are huge speculations that Şirince (a cute village in Western Turkey) will survive on 21 December Rumors say that all hotels and hostels are already booked. Big news since yesterday is that even Tom Cruise is coming. I will be probably there at that time and will take photos for you

Enjoy the readings and beautiful view of Sirince

acopalypse-events.blogspot.com...
www.habermonitor.com...
www.todayszaman.com...
getthetruthout.icyboards.net...

edit on 10-12-2012 by deccal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Oh? Tom Cruise will be there? Well, sign me up!

Seriously -- give us all a break with this stupid garbage already.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Guess I'll just have to hope that I'll make it through the Apocalypse in one piece here in Colorado! LMAO
I meant to book earlier, I just got so busy.. whoops!
edit on 10-12-2012 by MaMaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The world will be the same on Dec 22nd.. nothing is going to happen.. anyway what's to say this little village is not a popular holiday destination for the Xmas period?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
Oh? Tom Cruise will be there? Well, sign me up!

Seriously -- give us all a break with this stupid garbage already.

Hey there would be no fun without Tom Cruise

I am sure there will be huge parties at that time. They say many tourists (mostly from U.S) already arrived.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
The world will be the same on Dec 22nd.. nothing is going to happen.. anyway what's to say this little village is not a popular holiday destination for the Xmas period?

Actually this village is an important place for Christians and they have very good Wines. As you can guess I've been there couple of times

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I seriously doubt this site is reliable. They even think a current popular video is a sign of the end.

There is a rumor that the issue of Korean PSY could signal the end of the world. In recent days, several websites linking the song to a prophecy that Nostradamus did back in 1555. What's more, the 'dancing caballio' is also related to the date that the Mayans gave for the apocalypse: December 21.

acopalypse-events.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It would be rather Ironic if that little town was the only place to suffer an event or it is to be the center of it all.
edit on 10-12-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I've always thought the end of the Mayan calendar is the marker for Mankind's awakening towards the new, upcoming, age...and if Tom Cruise is at the helm...well, count me in. He may be crazy, but he is a stud muffin none-the-less.

Kidding aside - ty for the post OP. Glad others are taking it serious as some of us Merican's are. Whether it be a Financial rebirth or a celestial awakening, the Mayan long count calendar, which is based on the movement of celestial bodies, does reset (or reach its half-way marker) around Dec 2012. What comes with that reset is anyone's guess.

My guess is just as good as yours...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Could be a publicity stunt. Well, Turkey really does have wonderful tourist towns and villages, but I prefer Croatia.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hopefully know one is planning to bomb that place.... makes me think of the holocaust.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

I read a book a while back which postulated that Cappadocia in Turkey(multi leveled subterranean ancient living areas,deep underground)was used to survive a previous apocalypse,approx 10 000 years ago,after the end of the last ice.
The theory was that people took refuge down there to survive either a massive volcanic event,or possibly a dense asteroid shower hitting the Earth.

They say history repeats,so...
Not that I think much will occur on the 21st myself,but interesting none the less.

Odd to hear Tom Cruise is heading over there-I thought he would be locked up safe in some secret scientology bunker.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Great tourism trick.

If I were a mayor of a small town, I would hire a couple of blog writers, then post on a couple of message boards with the link. Next thing you know, thousands of consumers descend on your town.

Perhaps Detroit should try this.

I can see it now "Ancient Prophecy Says City of Wheels that Lay Between Saltless Seas Will not Perish"

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Odd to hear Tom Cruise is heading over there-I thought he would be locked up safe in some secret scientology bunker.

Who says there isn't a scientology bunker there?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Ok this is really a sincere question... why would tom cruise need to be in a scientology bunker isn't it his kind that are expected to arrive or make known their appearance this day

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Interesting question. According to this site...

Scientology has not acknowledged the 2012 Doomsday and has no take on this officially. This may be a strategic move to keep many of its' followers from supporting or debunking the theories related to 2012 doomsday.

Source

Of course, there's also this... What Scientologists Believe.

edit on 12/10/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just curious as to why this place is so special that the end world is going to spare that tiny little town in France? Watch it be the first to go.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
We shall all see what happens on the day.
I shall be chilling out in North Wales,with a fine brew shared with family and friends,telescope and cameras on standby just in case.

I am thinking that we have the capacity to create a self fulfilling prophesy.
Lets make it the positive rather than the apocalypse.

Some folks want the world to end..
Not me,its amazing here on this spinning ball in space.
I love it here,
and I am looking forward to my 21/12 party which I shall report on ATS as well-(I read a rumour that Slayer is having a 21 12 party,cant wait to raise a glass).

Bring it on brothers and sisters.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Wow that was definitely educational.. i knew it was out there.. i just didn't realize by how much.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join