It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Over 10,000 US-NATO Troops Mass Ahead of Syria Invasion; Patriot Missiles Deployed in Turkey

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

This is WWIII manifesting before you very eyes folks with Russia in the fray and I am sure China etc.

World War 3 started in 2001 September 11th..

It just hasn't reached your doorstep yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
reply to post by hawkiye

This is WWIII manifesting before you very eyes folks with Russia in the fray and I am sure China etc.

World War 3 started in 2001 September 11th..

It just hasn't reached your doorstep yet.

Hmm

WW1
WW2
Cold War
GWOT

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

I get what he means (least i think he does)
If its the rebels causing th violence and death, the people would just back Assad and allow him to stamp them out. But they arent, they are fleeing the entire country.

I dont think the US has 10,000 troops ready to take on Syria. Taking on Syria will be 100x harder than taking on Iraq, and we did that with 150,000 + troops.

Also, the US would never in its wildest dreams send men into a chemical war. (anyone who believed this would happen in Iraq is deluded)

If majority of the fighters in the Syria rebels are in fact, Saudi, Sudan, Somolia, Iraqi etc.. then how can It be called a civilwar?

Assad has clearly had outside assistance in keeping his position, especially without any assasination attempts.

I believe that this is a face off between the USA and Russia, its just that they dont want to play their hand yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'm straying away from the point of the article buuut.....aircraft carriers can't hold 8,000 men. I used to work on the Lincoln flight deck for 4 years. A full crew is around 5,000 people and pushing it at 6,000.

The is article is blowing smoke

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mthgs602

Dec 21, 2012

Whatever WW we are fighting ends

The world enters a new golden era of peace and progress

Thanks goodness to be around in these times of elevated consciousness

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
the way the info trickles down now, we don't know who is doing what now in the middle east.
we're living in an age where cynicism is your best friend and paranoia could just save your life.
you have to ask your self, if things were so bad in Syria why wouldn't wiki leaks expose it or anonymous find the real info and expose it.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Kinda getting tired of all these mid-east wars. Don't we have enough trouble at home to work out?

And whatever happened to Presidents needing to go thru Congress before undertaking military operations in another country? Aren't we supposed to formally declare war after a democratic vote before we invade countries? I know, I know... Obama hasn't actually gone to war yet, but when he does (and sadly, I'm sure he will) I'm willing to bet he doesn't ask Congress first.

Not just hating on Obama; other presidents deserve to be the target of this rant as well.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by jhn7537

Any use of chemical weapons will be from AL CIA-duh forces, meant to demonize the Syrian regime, please do not drink the Kool-Aid....

LOL, I guess Syria could NEVER commit or due any wrong... It's ALWAYS the CIA..... wow

I'm not a fan of either... Syria has a history of civilian oppression. The CIA has a long history of assassinations, creating rebel uprisings in foreign nations and planting false flags. That's basically what they do lol.

So who knows. I see a lot of players and no one that's really good or can be trusted.
It's not good vs evil, as the tv usually tells us. It's more like evil vs evil vs gray area vs confusion.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliophant

well since nixons war powers act it hasent been technically required if the engagement lasts less then 60 days then the president needs to get approva.

l been that way since tricky dick even though i think truman set the precedent in korea with not getting permission at first but he did it through the un if memory serves me
edit on 9-12-2012 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

So are you suggesting that Syria shouldn't be stopped?

What are Syria doing? Last I heard, terrorists were invading and government forces were fighting with them. Apparently the terrorists have also acquired chemical agents and are killing cute bunnys.
edit on 9-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

This one is also somewhere in the Atlantic by now, on the way to Norfolk. She'll be home for two months, undergoing deck resurfacing, then heads back to the ME.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

Dec 21, 2012

Whatever WW we are fighting ends

The world enters a new golden era of peace and progress

Thanks goodness to be around in these times of elevated consciousness

If we get a peace process in the ME especially concerning Israel and Palestine, you don't want to be around afterwards....

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
wow, i was hoping we would be able to
avoid this, but its not looking that way....

well, everyone complaining about the snot nosed
little game playing kids now days wont be doing that
for long....

life for everyone is about to change.

the only question is how bad will it get and how
far will it go.

Avoid? Hell, this scenario was planted, watered, and cared for. Now it's ready to be harvested. This is a crop grown every 10 years or so, and will continue to be so.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

more often than you are able to believe.

all this is planned a hundred years ago, check out albert pike and the zionists

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

reply to post by hawkiye

So are you suggesting that Syria shouldn't be stopped?

What are Syria doing? Last I heard, terrorists were invading and government forces were fighting with them. Apparently the terrorists have also acquired chemical agents and are killing cute bunnys.
edit on 9-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

Wow... Really??? So Syria has done no wrong? I guess everyone is just making up all the stories you see around since this conflict started...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Firstly, (and there's another thread a bit further down discussing this) the Eisenhower is on its way home for scheduled maintenance/repairs. It came through the Suez Canal because that's the fastest route back home. So, as far as I know, although it was close to Syria for a short time (and did indeed look threatening) it's now currently steaming West and away from the area in question. That's the official line anyway - I would love to know if it IS actually heading away in reality...

The 10,000 Marines on the Iwo Jima isn't anything close to being an invasion force either. The priority would be the chemical weapons and they're spread out around the country. The Pentagon apparently (from a news story I heard) thinks it would take around 75,000 troops to secure all the chemical weapons sites alone. 10,000 isn't the kind of numbers you would be seeing if anything was imminent.

I also don't think the Patriot missiles are significant either....it's a pretty obvious concern for Turkey as they're right next door to this mess. Patriot missiles are purely defensive and it seems like a sensible precaution to me.

Obviously, this could still escalate - but the current status (and despite the exciting headline...) is pretty normal and nothing to get in a panic about.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

tear gas is a chemical weapon, so is pepper spray.

maybe syria should just use a non-lethal diluted sarin gas mixture to make everybody happy.

america is on a roll, another middle eastern country to topple. they're running out quick of arab dictators.

the only thing that bothers me is the hypocrisy, some people are worthy of nato and american intervention, usually when oil is involved and some like the n.koreans and palestinians can't even get an email replied.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by jhn7537

Any use of chemical weapons will be from AL CIA-duh forces, meant to demonize the Syrian regime, please do not drink the Kool-Aid....

Oh so your one of those nothing happens in the world that the US does not control. The reality would scare you silly. We are normally two steps behinds events and trying to play catch up. Real life is not like movies and TV. It happens without control and events are near impossible to predict based on the human factor. If only it was as easy as people think.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mthgs602
I'm straying away from the point of the article buuut.....aircraft carriers can't hold 8,000 men. I used to work on the Lincoln flight deck for 4 years. A full crew is around 5,000 people and pushing it at 6,000.

The is article is blowing smoke

The article doesn't say the carrier has 8,000 men others have speculated that. It say 8 fighter bomber groups.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Well if you're going to overthrow someone you deem to be an enemy, you better make sure that the country has "something" you can take back to make it worth your while.... It may sound sh*tty but thats how superpowers work, its happened over the past and its happening now apparently...

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join