Report: Over 10,000 US-NATO Troops Mass Ahead of Syria Invasion; Patriot Missiles Deployed in Turkey

page: 5
22
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1plusXisto7billion

Originally posted by hawkiye
They are behind schedule in their plans to invade 7 middle eastern countries so the psychopaths are playing catch up.

This is WWIII manifesting before you very eyes folks with Russia in the fray and I am sure China etc.



They don't care if millions die in their lust for power and control over all resources! And you do realize humans are just a resource to them...


Humans are nothing more than a species. The only difference between us and animals is that "we" understand each other. I would rather see us defend the last of other species than argue about a few humans. There is 7 billion people. We are not even close to being endangered however tigers, polar bears, and hundred other animals are. In all honestly, our environment and the world as a hole would be in a better place if we had 30% less people. Ideally that would be to control our birth rate (i.e. such as educate people better as to why they should only have 1 child and wait till their mid-late 30's for it. Instead of popping out 4 by the time that are 25.).


I please hope your advocating to be apart of that 30%, otherwise keep your genocidal fantasies to yourself.




posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Wow... Really??? So Syria has done no wrong? I guess everyone is just making up all the stories you see around since this conflict started...


What have they done wrong? Especially before the Terrorist revolution? Show me some evidence because I cannot find anything to suggest Syria deserves this atrocity which is backed by your government.



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop
 


Ike is out of the region already, but it would be easy to get a group of escort ships, and subs into the region and not announce their presence. One SSGN (an Ohio class missile sub with the ICBMs replaced with Tomahawk vertical launch tubes) can launch something like 140 missiles. Add in a few destroyers or cruisers to supplement them and you have an impressive force right there without any type of carrier support.

As for the decommissioned ships, too many people know which are where. It could be done, but it wouldn't be ready to slip one out. It would probably be easier to use a foreign ship, or even a civilian support fleet ship (USNS).

Looks like Ike may have made a port visit in the area. She's still in the region, but is due home by Christmas, so should be leaving that area within a few days, if she's going to make it.
edit on 12/10/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by jhn7537
Wow... Really??? So Syria has done no wrong? I guess everyone is just making up all the stories you see around since this conflict started...


What have they done wrong? Especially before the Terrorist revolution? Show me some evidence because I cannot find anything to suggest Syria deserves this atrocity which is backed by your government.


How did Assad come into power?

Al-Asad's Decade in Power Marked by Repression


Syria's security agencies, the feared mukhabarat, detain people without arrest warrants and torture with complete impunity. Two years after prison authorities and military police used firearms to quell a riot that began on July 5, 2008, at Sednaya prison, Syrian authorities have not revealed the fate of at least 42 detainees, at least nine of whom are believed to have been killed. Censorship is prevalent and extends to popular websites such as Facebook, YouTube, and Blogger.


www.hrw.org...

And

A 2007 law required internet cafes to record all the comments users post on chat forums.[40] Websites such as Wikipedia Arabic, YouTube and Facebook were blocked intermittently between 2008 and February 2011.[41][42][43]

Human Rights groups, such as Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International, have detailed how Bashar's government and secret police routinely tortured, imprisoned, and killed political opponents, and those who speak out against the government.


en.wikipedia.org...

People's blind hatred of the US is so strong they forgive endless torture and repression... It's pretty sick.
edit on 10-12-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
They are behind schedule in their plans to invade 7 middle eastern countries so the psychopaths are playing catch up.

This is WWIII manifesting before you very eyes folks with Russia in the fray and I am sure China etc.



They don't care if millions die in their lust for power and control over all resources! And you do realize humans are just a resource to them... When oh when will the people wake up...




www.thedai lysheeple.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)


So yeah, the Eisenhower is now gone.

What say you OP?

Care to retract your hyperbolic nonsense yet?



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The opening post is complete bull#.

Troop deployments are well tracked here in the US. So no "10,000 troops" are massed on the Syrian border.

We have 400 there as part of an UN deployment.

US Troops Mass on Turkey's Syrian Border
(military.com)


Some 400 U.S. and Dutch NATO troops were massed on Turkey's Syrian border Friday amid fears besieged President Bashar Assad was poised to use chemical weapons.

The soldiers were beefing up Turkey's border and readying Patriot missiles three days after NATO agreed to deploy the MIM-104 Patriot surface-to-air missile system in Turkey. Ankara had requested the installations as a defense against a Syrian missile attack, possibly with chemical weapons.

"Nobody knows what such a regime is capable of and that is why we are acting protectively here," German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said of NATO's move.


The type of hyperbole used in the OP only work in the foreign press, mainly in the Middle East, where people can't verify facts easily. The agenda of course is to demonize the US - but why resort to lies when the truth alone can do that?



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant
Kinda getting tired of all these mid-east wars. Don't we have enough trouble at home to work out?

And whatever happened to Presidents needing to go thru Congress before undertaking military operations in another country? Aren't we supposed to formally declare war after a democratic vote before we invade countries? I know, I know... Obama hasn't actually gone to war yet, but when he does (and sadly, I'm sure he will) I'm willing to bet he doesn't ask Congress first.

Not just hating on Obama; other presidents deserve to be the target of this rant as well.


Actually, the President of the United States can wage a limited-scale "war" for I believe it is 60 days before asking Congress for an official declaration of war. I am not trying to agree or disagree with the idea of going into Syria in any manner, just wanted to let you know the "rules".



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The opening post is complete bull#.

Troop deployments are well tracked here in the US. So no "10,000 troops" are massed on the Syrian border.

We have 400 there as part of an UN deployment.

US Troops Mass on Turkey's Syrian Border
(military.com)


Some 400 U.S. and Dutch NATO troops were massed on Turkey's Syrian border Friday amid fears besieged President Bashar Assad was poised to use chemical weapons.

The soldiers were beefing up Turkey's border and readying Patriot missiles three days after NATO agreed to deploy the MIM-104 Patriot surface-to-air missile system in Turkey. Ankara had requested the installations as a defense against a Syrian missile attack, possibly with chemical weapons.

"Nobody knows what such a regime is capable of and that is why we are acting protectively here," German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said of NATO's move.


The type of hyperbole used in the OP only work in the foreign press, mainly in the Middle East, where people can't verify facts easily. The agenda of course is to demonize the US - but why resort to lies when the truth alone can do that?


I can also tell you that the 400 troops have been there since I was in the Air Force in 2001-2007. In fact, we had a lot more people over there at one point.



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Since the muslim brotherhood has been committing atrocities in Syria, such as genocide against christians and since congress has not declared war on Syria, I sure hope there is no unconstitutional war launched by our emperor, Obama, in the near future.


Actually it would be quite within his power to send troops/vehicles there for 60 days without any approval from Congress. Learn US History please before you spout off Unconstitutional this and Unconstitutional that.



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
the OP to me to tell you guys ooooopppppssssss
nothing to see here move along



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
d/p
edit on 10-12-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by hawkiye
 


So are you suggesting that Syria shouldn't be stopped?


from doing what - are you personally informed in the true dealings in the country or are you watching the same tv as everyone else?



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother
 


Is that a joke? You will call for Assads head over about 50-60 people yet your country can kill Millions in the country next door including women, children and other innocents? Some people are unbelievable... Wheres amnesty internationals report on the atrocities in Iraq and Afghanistan, if there is one of course?



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by longlostbrother
 


Is that a joke? You will call for Assads head over about 50-60 people yet your country can kill Millions in the country next door including women, children and other innocents? Some people are unbelievable... Wheres amnesty internationals report on the atrocities in Iraq and Afghanistan, if there is one of course?


Sorry, but can you pull your head out of your ass for a sec and think before you type?

Where did I justify anything my country has done?

Please oh please show me... and then when you can't, come back and apologise.

Second, show me where you magically got the number 50-60 people.

Third, how many people is it ok to torture? What's your cut-off point?


What's offensive, is you assuming every American is pro-murder, while at the same time admitting you're ok with torture, as long as it's just a few dozen people.

What's offensive is pretending you KNOW who's doing what in Syria and using your secret knowledge to justify suppression and torture.

That's what's offensive in this conversation.

You don't know me, you don't know my beliefs on Iraq and Afghanistan, you don't know how many people the Assad FAMILY has killed, tortured and imprisoned and you CERTAINLY can't believe US activity is justification for another unrelated leader to torture people... well.. maybe you can, but it's morally wrong to justify torture.

That might give you some clue as to how I fee about the US' military activity, but you know what, before you try and guess, let me just ask you to leave me out of your twisted fantasies and delusions.
edit on 10-12-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by jhn7537
 


Any use of chemical weapons will be from AL CIA-duh forces, meant to demonize the Syrian regime, please do not drink the Kool-Aid....


Shock Video: Syrian Rebels Test Chem Weapons On Rabbits As Warning To Civilians


Now days when I see a video, I do realize it could be anyone, does not prove anything ever anymore.



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The opening post is complete bull#.

Troop deployments are well tracked here in the US. So no "10,000 troops" are massed on the Syrian border.

We have 400 there as part of an UN deployment.

US Troops Mass on Turkey's Syrian Border
(military.com)


Some 400 U.S. and Dutch NATO troops were massed on Turkey's Syrian border Friday amid fears besieged President Bashar Assad was poised to use chemical weapons.


The type of hyperbole used in the OP only work in the foreign press, mainly in the Middle East, where people can't verify facts easily. The agenda of course is to demonize the US - but why resort to lies when the truth alone can do that?


OH, NO...those evil Dutch massing their shock troops once again, in order to further their unrelenting and diabolical agenda of projecting western imperialism upon the benign, peace-loving Assad regime.



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
They always go in on a new moon. late Sunday early Monday. That's when it will start.
From here on out really long dark nights. Strategically in war, the more darkness the better.



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye
 


JUST A BUNCH OF LIES



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Agit8dChop
 


Ike is out of the region already, but it would be easy to get a group of escort ships, and subs into the region and not announce their presence. One SSGN (an Ohio class missile sub with the ICBMs replaced with Tomahawk vertical launch tubes) can launch something like 140 missiles. Add in a few destroyers or cruisers to supplement them and you have an impressive force right there without any type of carrier support.

As for the decommissioned ships, too many people know which are where. It could be done, but it wouldn't be ready to slip one out. It would probably be easier to use a foreign ship, or even a civilian support fleet ship (USNS).

Looks like Ike may have made a port visit in the area. She's still in the region, but is due home by Christmas, so should be leaving that area within a few days, if she's going to make it.
edit on 12/10/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)


Yep, ol' Ike is transiting the Atlantic ocean now.

www.navy.mil...

Looking forward to her transit back, so we can go thru this all over again...



posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Any ground assault by US/NATO forces would hardly be the precursor to WW3,I also doubt whether the US/NATO would intervene without UN backing.Russia would not commit itself to supplying opposition to a US/NATO force,especially at the behest of an "ally" with whom Russia does not share any worthwhile treaty arrangements.Additionally,why would China intervene in this scenario?





top topics
 
22
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join