Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Report: Over 10,000 US-NATO Troops Mass Ahead of Syria Invasion; Patriot Missiles Deployed in Turkey

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Know what, your right.. You provided the proof and I should of just accepted it. My apologies...

But with that you don't know me either... I do not justify torture, I do not believe all americans are pro-murder... I disagree with what is happening in the Middle East as a whole, not just here and there. What he done though, if it is correct has been done by others also.

As for the US military, My countries military are there also and have most likely contributed to similar things.

edit on 10-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Some folks may think I'm "out of character" on this for want of a better descriptive, but criminy Assad has been villified by careerist reporters, politicians looking to make their mark, and probably outside forces looking to collapse his nation and there's nothing, not one bit of empirical data that suggests the thugs looking to dump him will be any better.

Damascus is the oldest continually occupied city in history. I don't care who you are THAT matters. Syria doesn't need and isn't looking for war. I'm mostly a supporter in debate of Israel, I live in the US, Assad doesn't like me. He's under no obligation to do so either. He's got a a VERY hard job, harder than anyone here on ATS. He hasn't used chemicals and won't because like most people he's guided by self interest. He won't threaten Turkey because that is also suicide.

If the West interferes, I'll blame two people for not taking this fire from a flame to a simmer, Obama, and Putin. Putin needs to stop pretneding the hero and be one for real for his ally, and Obama needs to make sure he doesn't get invested in the 'legacy' trap by finally winning a war.

Damascus needs to be saved, if we as people can't do that, why bother?
edit on 10-12-2012 by Snoil because: typos

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

"Syria" shouldn't be stopped....

All it takes for Evil to triumph is for Good people to do nothing.

I'm not sure how it will all work out, but if the US professes to be the "Good Guys" then we should help the Syrian people. We shouldn't do it unilaterally, the first Gulf war is a good model IMHO. Burying our heads in the sand is not a long term strategy. The world is messy, if you want to play you will get dirty. But that shouldn't stop good people from trying.

V

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoil

If the West interferes, I'll bl;ame two people for not taking this fire from a flame to a simmer, Obama, and Putin. Putin needs to stop pretneding the hero and be one for real for his ally, and Obama needs to make sure he doesn't get invested in the 'legacy' trap by finally winning a war.

Damascus needs to be saved, if we as people can't do that, why bother?

Please do not expect Russia to get into the military mess just because Assad could not give up some of his powers right away and work towards increasingly more democratic and economically viable country. Russia is in no shape to fight even Turkey let along the whole of NATO. Russia is getting sucked from inside by folks near and dear to Putin and his United Russia party.

Also, someone mentioned importance of Syria for naval base and force projection. I wonder if Russia is able to project force right next to its own shores and sealines. Nyet! Russians institutions have been looted by its own people. Like Pakistan and North Korea, only defense for Russia are its nukes.
edit on 10-12-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

So are you suggesting that Syria shouldn't be stopped?

Do they have every right to use chemical weapons on them if they choose to?

Why on earth would Syria use chemical weapons?
That doesn't make sense! Does assad wants to be invaded?
Who gives US the right to protect the rights of Syrian people? They can do that for themselves!

You have no facts cleared up!
- USA have been supplying and training terrorists together with Saudi Arabia, Quatar, Turkey, France, etc...

- Russia has a motherf****** military base over there! Attack on Syria is a declaration of war to Iran and Russia! You are BRAINWASHED from taking serious a sheeple news source!

- USA's ultimate goal is to encirlce Russia and China. Then, finally an invasion on Russia and China. That is a fundamental goal behind NATO establishment. That is why NATO was established in the first place! Russia is already encircled with US military bases and ABM sites, now they want to use Syria's territory to encircle Russia even more.

You obviously have never heard for propaganda on Iraq before invasion and Bush's famous weapons of mass destructin, wich were never found!!!!!!
edit on 10/12/2012 by Fichorka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fichorka

Do they have every right to use chemical weapons on them if they choose to?

Why on earth would Syria use chemical weapons?
That doesn't make sense! Does assad wants to be invaded?
Who gives US the right to protect the rights of Syrian people? They can do that for themselves!

You have no facts cleared up!
- USA have been supplying and training terrorists together with Saudi Arabia, Quatar, Turkey, France, etc...

- Russia has a motherf****** military base over there! Attack on Syria is a declaration of war to Iran and Russia! You are BRAINWASHED from taking serious a sheeple news source!

- USA's ultimate goal is to encirlce Russia and China. Then, finally an invasion on Russia and China. That is a fundamental goal behind NATO establishment. That is why NATO was established in the first place! Russia is already encircled with US military bases and ABM sites, now they want to use Syria's territory to encircle Russia even more.

You obviously have never heard for propaganda on Iraq before invasion and Bush's famous weapons of mass destructin, wich were never found!!!!!!

I assume you reached these conclusions by taking acid and playing Risk. A dangerous combination.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

I assume you reached these conclusions by taking acid and playing Risk. A dangerous combination.

No, I just do this real moron thing, it's called thinking.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by longlostbrother

Know what, your right.. You provided the proof and I should of just accepted it. My apologies...

But with that you don't know me either... I do not justify torture, I do not believe all americans are pro-murder... I disagree with what is happening in the Middle East as a whole, not just here and there. What he done though, if it is correct has been done by others also.

As for the US military, My countries military are there also and have most likely contributed to similar things.

edit on 10-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

I genuinely appreciate your sincere apology.

Sorry if I was aggressive, but I hate being painted as some gung ho yank.

I'm a US expat, haven't even visited the US more than once in 8 years.

In fact, I was in London when Bush was re-elected. That day was not great, especially as every Brit seemed to use me as a punching bag, as a surrogate, for all of America. And sad, painful and difficult day.

I now live in Ireland, a very liberal place in most respects, but still, on a weekly basis someone feels the need to tell me about how awful my country is. I guess they think I can change it somehow.

Anyway, apology accepted.

For the record, I DON'T think what the US did in Iraq, in Fallujah, in Basra, etc., was right. I do think that they killed a lot more innocent people than "terrorists" and that things like depleted uranium casings will be poisoning that country for generations. A huge black eye for the country I love. Sad sad sad.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

No, I just do this real moron thing, it's called thinking.

Facts can really make thinking a lot more rewarding.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

So, you justify intervention?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That's certainly not what I said, is it?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

No it wasn't, but I got this impression since you are disagreeing with my 'facts' against intervention... Go ahead tell me your 'facts'.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

No it wasn't, but I got this impression since you are disagreeing with my 'facts' against intervention... Go ahead tell me your 'facts'.

Your potted and inaccurate history of NATO and your paranoid misunderstanding of history has little to do with Syria.

I don't think Syria or any "rebels" should be killing civilians or torturing anyone.

I also haven't seen any conclusive evidence that there will be any false flags in Syria, that there will be a US invasion, or that the Syrian military or government is blameless, etc.

I have very strict standards for what I believe.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
However there is no denying the fact that arms and ammo to rebels are being channeled through Quartar, UAE and Saudi Arabia with the blessings of US and NATO nations. This is basically fueling the fire to topple the Assad regime. This also hinders both parties from seeking a gentle on the table agreement and game plan to bring democracy to Syria over the next 1-3 years of step by step timetable.

Poster above is right, all this Arab Spring type deals is to eventually square off against Russia and China. However, in Russia's case all this effort is not needed as Russia is being hollowed up by its own citizens.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This bloodshed needs to stop .

Assad ought to make a deal and go on to exile .

Ba'ath Party needs a new think-tank .

Syria needs peace , urgently .

Anything else is death & destruction for all concerned .

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Your potted and inaccurate history of NATO and your paranoid misunderstanding of history has little to do with Syria.

I don't think Syria or any "rebels" should be killing civilians or torturing anyone.

I also haven't seen any conclusive evidence that there will be any false flags in Syria, that there will be a US invasion, or that the Syrian military or government is blameless, etc.

I have very strict standards for what I believe.

My "paranoid" "misunderstanding" actually has a lot to do with Syria. Propaganda of WMD's has alot to do with Syria. The same principal is being used today - REPETITION. If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes "the truth".

I also haven't seen any conclusive evidence that there will be any false flags in Syria...

Have you seen any "conclusive evidence" that there will be 9/11 before it happened?
In any case, False flag is already being carried out in front of your eyes. You just don't notice it, since your head is burried in their lies. Mass propaganda is already taking place. Remember Iraq!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Fichorka

Actually no.

In fact lets see your proof that NATO was designed to encircle and then invade China and Russia.

Please. Love to see that.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Actually no.

In fact lets see your proof that NATO was designed to encircle and then invade China and Russia.

EDIT:
For example, Russia has just released it's new S500 system that is built to intercept american ABM's; since Russia is encircled by them. Among other things, Russia and China are fast moderizing their navy. Why would they do that, unless they feel threatened from USA? It's a common knowledge to everyone who follows NATO expansion, that NATO's purpose is to destroy Russia.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
US Navy Fighter-bomber? 8 Squadrons?

With 70 aircraft including ASW helicopters, AEW aircraft and electronic warfare, a US carrier has around 3-4 squadrons of F-18 fighters.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Actually no.

NATO was established to contain the USSR and its expansionist communist way of life. Justified! However when USSR dissolved and Russia undertook the free alternative to daily lives, NATO not only went on the expansion in 90s but higher geared to "outright belligerence" in the 2000s. Its demeanor is becoming more and more hostile towards Russia.

There is no need of proof regarding something which is very obvious. No need to argue or waste time on this. Period!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join