It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dmitry Medvedev (Prime Minister of Russia): Aliens exist... or jokes ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Cause telling journalist about secret aliens stuff, and think that they won't tell anyone else, is a smart move....I think not

Clearly a joke

edit on 8-12-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

Journalists can tell people whatever they want, whether or not it happened. Ever heard of lying?

Get it?

soulwaxer

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
if anything it indicates Dmitry thinks belief in Earth visiting Aliens is a silly matter. This would indicate a once president of Russia has no information that led him to believe Earth is being visited by Aliens which means we probably are not or at least Russia has no evidence in hidden files that would give their president reason to believe.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Descriptions of men in black are some what common amongst ufo reports, generally following closely behind any sighting and trying to discourage any further communication of these unusual events.

Public ridicule of the ufo topic despite all of the witnesses and video is also some what common.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by theitalian

While it's an interesting and fun comment, the comment shouldn't be taken too literally or seriously, which, unfortunately, it likely will.

In all probability the comment on aliens was a playful bit of jive, especially so in context with mention of the MIB movies.

it's called hiding in plain sight. it could be a way of slowly disclosing the subject. mix truth with humor and it's like a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Cause telling journalist about secret aliens stuff, and think that they won't tell anyone else, is a smart move....I think not

Clearly a joke

Around here, you have to read in between the lines that fall in between the lines.

Don't you know yet?

Aliens are so secret that the mere existence of them among us has to be national security at all times. Unless the mics are off, in which case, you can tell anyone. Just hope the mics are off.

And if the mics are on? Boy.. how dumb are those politicians.

Apart from keeping aliens a secret..

oh i have a headache with today...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

While it's an interesting and fun comment, the comment shouldn't be taken too literally or seriously, which, unfortunately, it likely will.

In all probability the comment on aliens was a playful bit of jive, especially so in context with mention of the MIB movies.

it's called hiding in plain sight. it could be a way of slowly disclosing the subject. mix truth with humor and it's like a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

Why not just give us the medicine and let us decide if we can handle it?

It only works if it's slowly slowly, this disclosure religion.

It is the only way it works...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I used to take this post seriously then I got a knock on the door, saw a bright flash and now I don't even remember what this reply is about

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Someone said Alien...

He Thought they meant "illegal Alien" !!!...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Think about this.Take into account human nature. We love to reveal secrets and be in a position where others don't know and be the one revealing the secret. But obviously he can not do so, so he says it as a half joke half truth, not as a statement but as a passing conversation so he can always deny it and say it was a joke. In the meantime he casually dropped the bomb in my opinion. And he got the ego bust/pleasure of revealing something only he knows. Wouldn't he be in a position of know??

Also, behind every joke isn't there always some truth?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
this needs to go in hoax section.

the president said he believes in Mr Frost. Russia's version of Santa clause. He does not want the children to be disappointed.

someone asks him if he gets a secret file about aliens with the nuke codes. he says he does. he doesn't want to disappoint the big children.

it was a joke. unfortunately the conspiracy sites will go crazy with this and it will go down in history that Medvedev confirmed Aliens exist.

It does not matter if aliens exist or not. We are in a time and a place that aliens(as you believe them to be) are not a part of.

Aliens first appeared in movies over a hundred years ago. In 1902 in the film a 'A trip to the moon' aliens made their first on screen debut. The inspiration for this came from some books. Aliens came from our imagination. They have evolved into a good cover story for any governments of the world that need to deflect attention from military activities.

Aliens only exist here in our imagination.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

Holly cow!
! I speak russian.
The voice, presumably that of Medvedev is clearly very serious. No doubt - he's not joking about top secret folder.
The tone of the voice does not sound mockingly - at all. When he mentions the movie as though the movie is a factual documentary, then the people started to laugh - I would say - more in a suprise, than as to a joke.
However, the screen is blank and the voice is heard from the backround. Also, We don't see Medvedev's facial expression. And we cannot be 100% sure if that is really Medvedev speaking.
edit on 8-12-2012 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Douriff

Holly cow!
! I speak russian.

The voice, presumably that of Medvedev is clearly very serious. No doubt - he's not joking about top secret folder.

The tone of the voice does not sound mockingly - at all. When he mentions the movie as though the movie is a factual documentary, then the people started to laugh - I would say - more in a suprise, than as to a joke.

However, the screen is blank and the voice is heard from the backround. Also, We don't see Medvedev's facial expression. And we cannot be 100% sure if that is really Medvedev speaking.

Thanks for you info!
edit on 8-12-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Douriff

Sure, but, someone could also say "Donald Duck has been a Russian spy the whole time" with the most serious of tone and most serious of expression, and it would still be a joke since Donald Duck is a cartoon character.

Just watch MIB movie? Seriously?
It's a joke.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Douriff

Holly cow!
! I speak russian.

Thank you! Finally someone who made the effort to listen to this part of the interview.

I was hoping that someone who speaks russian would come along. Even without knowledge of russian, you can hear that it is a serious conversation, but knowing the language must of course add to that.

soulwaxer

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Douriff

Sure, but, someone could also say "Donald Duck has been a Russian spy the whole time" with the most serious of tone and most serious of expression, and it would still be a joke since Donald Duck is a cartoon character.

Just watch MIB movie? Seriously?
It's a joke.

Tell me please, how would it sound if it were true?

I'm not saying that it's not a joke, but how can you be sure without closing your mind to the possibility?

Concerning the Men in Black, that part could be a joke without the rest of it being a joke. He could have said this to ridicule what he just said. That is not an impossibility.

From what I gather, the humorous discussion about santa claus etc, happened before this segment while still in front of the cameras. I haven't heard anything obviously humorous during the last segment. As soon as I do, I will increase the size of the grain of salt I am taking this with.

soulwaxer
edit on 8-12-2012 by soulwaxer because: ETA

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yeah, I was waiting someone speaking Russian to confirm what I heard - he did say that more information can be found in the "chronicle-documentary" film Man In Black. Obviously to underline the joke.

So, Medvedev is "not the kind of man who would tell kids that Frosty isn't real." Apparently, he's not the kind of man who'd tell kids that aliens aren't here. What else he wouldn't tell kids? That Russia is not the mighty-powered world leading, economically blossoming, came-true communist dream anymore? Interesting sense of humor. Doesn't make me laugh.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If I had been caught off the cuff like that, then I would have tried to make it sound tongue
In cheek! I don't think he was joking! If he was joking his eyes would have a twinkle.
Back in the early 90's I saw men in black leaving an empty/gutted house, with no power once and they weren't freemasons either!
There was an electric storm going on. They all were the same height and looked had very serious deadpan faces. Didn't speak to eachother, just walked out single file and go into 3 cars with odd
number plates. I did a zig zag so I didn't have to be near them, crossing the road and back again, as it was the next road up I was walking too and I didn't want to be on the same side as them.
They had very pale complextions. Too say I was scared is a understatement, I nearly shyte myself!
I did tell a few people, but of course no one believed me. I know what. I saw and I will never forget it!
I know much more now and have witnessed more than most.
I believe it. Oh God yesss he is right! Hope this makes sense, sending from a mobile.
By the way this was around r in the morning. I had anticipated having a drink at a party, but I didn't and hadn't taken my car as it wasn't that far from my home. I bloody wish I had!
Even the cars looked weird and had a strange air about them.
I know what I saw and it wasn't normal, by any stretch of the imagination!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Tell me; how much Russian literature have you read, and how much Russian do you speak?

You don't have to speak or read Russian to read works by such as Anton Chekov, or even better Mikhail Bulgakov since he's more on the humorous side.

You may benefit by familiarizing yourself with an aspect of Russian humor being very dry, black, straight faced, and told in utter seriousness where punchlines are forms of wordplay.

For instance:
Маленький мальчик нашёл пулемёт
Больше в деревне никто не живёт.

which is:
A little boy found a machine gun
Now the village population is none.

Hilarious no?

Aliens are real.
Just watch MIB movie.

I suspect, however, most would rather believe despite all evidence to the contrary, no matter what, because they'll find validation for their belief wherever they can find it, no matter how hard they need to squint or warp reality to see it.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

I don't agree with it.

Why not just give us the medicine and let us decide if we can handle it?

It only works if it's slowly slowly, this disclosure religion.

It is the only way it works...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Each to their own lol

Aliens are here! Tust me they are...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join