It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia gives Syria Missles!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Russia gives Syria Missles!

www.wnd.com

Russia provides Syria with missiles capable of defeating missile defense systems.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
So what does this mean? Are we looking at Syria launching an attack on Israel?
Apparently Syria is Russia' red line so what do you think this means?

Why would Syria strike Israel?

Apparently Iran is going to great lengths to help protect Assad and their proxies in Gaza.
So if America strikes then what (not that any country in the middle east is much of a threat to us)?

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Interesting, I wouldn't guess they would attack us. But maybe Israel or another nearby country. But Russia is gonna get a sit down for this.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The whole place is a mess..I don't understand why Russia feels Syria is so important.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jrx2020

Originally posted by jrx2020
I don't understand why Russia feels Syria is so important.

The Syrian Port of Tartus, Russia's only naval base with access to the Mediterranean Sea.
edit on 8-12-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Are there any other sources for this. The quoted source is not IMHO one of the better sources to use. It is a strange one.

P

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
From other sources it seems these may have been placed as early as last June, although they may also be under Soviet control.

P

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jrx2020

Besides WND. Something to verify that this isn't a Debka type story. I've seen articles that Syria tried to purchase them as far back as 2005, but Russia wouldn't sell them until they had their allotment, which was going to take years due to production backlog. But I can't find anything but WND that says they're putting them in Syria now. In fact the only other source that mentioned them, said yesterday that Russia was CONSIDERING it, not that they were putting them there. WND seems to be the only one saying they're definitely putting them there.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I called this when German Defense Minister Thomas de Maizière argued for the positioning of German Patriot missile batteries along the Syrian-Turkish border.

When De Maizière said: "We do this, so Syria's capability to launch missiles on Turkey won't become an intention." I said to a friend, whats stopping Russia to use the same justification and do the same thing?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

The whole place is a mess..I don't understand why Russia feels Syria is so important.

The Russian naval base is one reason and I guess another is Russia aint buying the Wests bull crap. But lets ask the same question about Israel.. Why do the west feel Israel is so important?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I can find other missiles from sources that were delivered much earlier but not a lot on this other then the same article replicated (as you can see).

I would expect more MSM news about this over the weekend (if true)?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Are there any other sources for this. The quoted source is not IMHO one of the better sources to use. It is a strange one.

P

Maybe I should have used a question mark...that's why I posted it. This site as good at debunking manufactured news.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

The Russian naval base is one reason and I guess another is Russia aint buying the Wests bull crap. But lets ask the same question about Israel.. Why do the west feel Israel is so important?

Because they are friendly, stable, are a counter to a key choke point, pay our political parties well and let us develop and test our force multiplier weapons against the Russian weapons we may someday face.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
From other sources it seems these may have been placed as early as last June, although they may also be under Soviet control.

P

Here you go.....

Nov. 5, 2012

(Reuters) - Moscow is supplying arms to Syria under Soviet-era commitments and were meant for defense against external threats, not to support President Bashar al-Assad, Russia's foreign minister told an Egyptian newspaper.

www.reuters.com...

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told Egypt's state al-Ahram daily in an interview published on Monday that the arms still being sent to Damascus were part of old Soviet contracts and did not violate international law.

I'm really not surprised.....

edit on 8-12-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Just this year alone 2 leaders in the middle east have been FORCED to "step down" because they were "killing their own people". Syria would make it number 3. The hoax can only go on so long.

The fact is, Israel is behind this. Russia is probably giving these missiles to Syria so that they can actually defend themselves. Americans, wakes up! Our best friend in the world is a Zionist state and we're locked in constant war with only Muslim nations. Can we please just put 2 and 2 together already?!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Looking at the big picture, the future; by word-of-mouth I heard that in the Bible it says something along the lines of: "The snake and bear wage war against the eagle." Which translates to, China and Russia as allies vs America, WW3. Is anyone familiar with this?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

reply to post by pheonix358

www.wnd.com...

Just a word of advise....

Some posters don't consider WND as a respectable source.

So if you can, look for other sources to back it up.
[There is another link I provided to confirm the story.
]

snarky

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Now Assad has some new toys that are very capable and wonder who he's aiming them at.

The missile range is enough to hit all over Israel.

Israel wouldn't like this.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join