It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia gives Syria Missles!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jrx2020

the only reason syria and iran are meddling in gaza with arms and supplies is because the u.s. continues to abandon them and offer zero help besides the usual empty statements.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jrx2020

Russia must protect her interests, as any powerful country would. The fall of the current Syrian regime, and the installment of a pro-Western government, compromises Russia's interests and borders. We wouldn't want the Russian's conquering Canada or Mexico because it would compromise our borders, leaving us vulnerable to attacks. Russia thinks along the same lines, so they will do their best to protect their interests.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This missile defence system/shield cannot be up to par if it cant shoot down Russian projectiles/missiles. I thought that was what it was conceived and designed to do? Iron-dome seems to work against the Grad missiles launched by the PLA, whats so different about these new missiles?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
This missile defence system/shield cannot be up to par if it cant shoot down Russian projectiles/missiles. I thought that was what it was conceived and designed to do? Iron-dome seems to work against the Grad missiles launched by the PLA, whats so different about these new missiles?

From Wiki

"In flight, the missile follows a quasi-ballistic path, performing evasive maneuvers in the terminal phase of flight and releasing decoys in order to penetrate missile defense systems. The missile never leaves the atmosphere as it follows a relatively flat trajectory.

The Russian Iskander-M cruises at hypersonic speed of 2100–2600 m/s (Mach 6–7) at a height of 50 km. "

By the time the defenses have detected the incoming missile it has probably hit the target. That speed is 6-7 times the speed of sound! Then there is the decoys to deal with.

America is not the only country that develops leading edge tech.

P

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Cheers for the info mate. Can the new Airborne Tactical Laser aircraft not shoot these new Russian Iskander's?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

What Airborne Tactical Laser aircraft? The only airborne laser was the YAL-1, and it's in the boneyard.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

What Airborne Tactical Laser aircraft? The only airborne laser was the YAL-1, and it's in the boneyard.

Seems like i did mean the Boeing YAL-1. I thought these were used in conjunction with their missile shield technologies. My bad. I even read/herd rumors that one of these supposedly caused the last Iranian ballistic missile test to crash and burn. Guess if they do have them working then they are not letting on.
edit on 8-12-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrx2020
Because they are friendly, stable, are a counter to a key choke point, pay our political parties well and let us develop and test our force multiplier weapons against the Russian weapons we may someday face.

Same deal on the enemies side...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Don't get mislead by the title of the article, any Russian made missile/anti-missile systems that are located within Syria are going to be controlled by the Russian military. If they have sold it to the Syrian government, they will be heavily involved in the upkeep and use of the weapon systems.

If the rockets are fired first, i believe it would be to the Syria-Turkey border where the US has stationed missile systems, not at the Israeli's, a strike against the Israeli's would cost too much on the global front and both Assad and the Russian cabinet are aware of such risks.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The whole place is a mess..I don't understand why Russia feels Syria is so important.

Syria is their ally.

There's also more than a slight possibility that they have grown tired of US and US-proxy-directed terrorism. Also, there's that little issue of western forces encircling and containing Russia and China.

Russia is the good guys here. It's a shame they have previously played along with US terrorism, crimes and war crimes.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Was only about a month ago, that the cia gave alciada in Syria 100 stinger missiles. So whats the problem? I am glad that the Russians have given the Syrians some thing to defend them selves with.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Alright lets set this straight - this news is fake. The source is doubtful, and since everyone is carefully watching Syria and their movements, if this was true it would be all over main stream media.

Russia would also have absolutely no reason to give ballistic missiles to Syria, for a number of reasons. For one thing, Syria can't afford them, and Syria has much more urgent need for other armament that is cheaper and easier to deliver unnoticed. Also, missiles like these would not improve the chances of Assad staying in power, which is what Russia wants. If anything have ballistic missiles would increase the chances of foreign intervention, and make Assad's situation worse.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well here we go folks, the restructuring of the middle east once again.You Know for the blatant imperialistic-ness of America,I'm surprised things haven't just broken out into all out war.I have a feeling we'll soon see that though once the Top deems it go time.On a side note maybe it's the Anglo-Saxons against everyone else,with a tab bit of smoke screening.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

If they do they have them hidden really well, because the only flying example known is in Arizona at AMARG. It was way over budget, behind schedule, and wasn't delivering the promised results.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Russia gave Iran some pretty high tech mobile units that many people think were used to bring down the drone last year.

I would be baffled by the support to both Iran and Syria if we weren't doinf the same damn thing for our allies in the region.

All this meddling needs to stop, on both sides.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
erm russia is not a communist country. they are not enemies of the usa. and many russians are jewish, in fact many leaders of the communist party were jewish. many jews migrated from russia to israel. they would be helping to blow up their cousins and nephews and such if they gave israel's enemies bombs for that purpose. and good grief, have you not heard our own big money people backed both hitler and lenin, marx, stalin? come on come on. quit buying the cool aid for cripes sake.

i'm also not buying this whole usa vs. russia thing. something else is up. look deeper. the answer is hiding under the big pile of rhetoric all sides of this discussion use, to justify their position.

quit fighting each other and read between the real lines.

edit on 8-12-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
this guy did some detective work apparently.

now tell me, why is russia sending missiles to syria again? ?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The whole place is a mess..I don't understand why Russia feels Syria is so important.

All this report is wrong. Russia does not operate that way, they have no balls to take such a bold step. When need arises, Russia will back off from any support to Syria or Iran.

Russia as a country is being sucked from inside by its own top wolves in the power circles. Recent firings of the defense minister and his inner circle is an example of what to expect when those in the job to defend their country are stealing from its military and making it hollow.

A country grows from inside. In Russia's case it is being consumed from inside. Parasites busy at work in Kremlin and around.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Was only about a month ago, that the cia gave alciada in Syria 100 stinger missiles. So whats the problem? I am glad that the Russians have given the Syrians some thing to defend them selves with.

Honest question... You don't know much about the subject do you?

FIM-92 Stinger is a portable antiaircraft missile with a 3 mile range and 6 lb warhead. It is strictly a defensive weapon

SS-26 Iskander is theater ballistic missile with a 200 mile range and 1000lb nuclear, chemical or conventional warhead. It is strictly an offensive weapon.

The report is bogus but some of the responses... wow.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

They have a Naval base in Syria. Lose that base and they lose force projection for the entire area.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join